2019 Internationaux de France: Day 1 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 Internationaux de France: Day 1

readernick

Medalist
Finally, was able to rewatch the SP. Alëna's 3A is not UR. Slow mo. It's borderline and has a bit of lean on the landing but not UR to me. This panel is just too strict or maybe we got used to lenient panels. Not to mention she was totally robbed in PCS. Her speed and flow is through the roof.

Agree about PCS, she is just lovely. But we all know how PCS is judged and it is often to do with national affiliation ( she has one of the right ones🤣) and reputation (she is newly up from juniors). Beautiful skaters (Satoko, Mao, and so on) got/get low PCS all the time.

I don't agree about the 3A though, in that video the Spanish commentators actually say the 3A looks a quarter turn under which is 90 degrees. For the last two years, at 90 degrees is under according to the rules. I think the panel made a strict call but a correct call according to the rules. I wish all panels were consistent strict.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Agree about PCS, she is just lovely. But we all know how PCS is judged and it is often to do with national affiliation ( she has one of the right ones��) and reputation (she is newly up from juniors). Beautiful skaters (Satoko, Mao, and so on) got/get low PCS all the time.

I don't agree about the 3A though, in that video the Spanish commentators actually say the 3A looks a quarter turn under which is 90 degrees. For the last two years, at 90 degrees is under according to the rules. I think the panel made a strict call but a correct call according to the rules. I wish all panels were consistent strict.

I'm not too against the call actually. It was borderline and they chose to not give the benefit of the doubt. At least they were harsh on everyone. Although, I think Mariah's Lz was also flat. I hope these calls will be more consistent here and in the next competitions because if not and there's a tie breaker, then they screwed some skaters. Otherwise, I'm fine with it. PCS is a joke as always.

slider11

Medalist
I thought Soucisse and Firus were heavily scrutinized on their levels. It seems that a Chock/Bates can be forgiven for borderline levels and get the point. I really like Carolane and Shane's performance and thought they deserved higher than 7th.