2019 JGP Grand Prix De Courchevel: Predictions Game Round 1 Chat | Golden Skate

2019 JGP Grand Prix De Courchevel: Predictions Game Round 1 Chat

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the link to the form where you can make your predictions for the Grand Prix De Courchevel:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLX7EfeF-FgDCTdUg_FpGWWB7XnAHvtpzglmEm6qtxGmb2Hw/viewform

And here is the link to the response spreadsheet where you can see the predictions that have been made for this round:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rNRDWPfgw6NzD2o0PxvO8ibexNroV0CcjsQMGWwCBEA/edit?usp=sharing

Entries / Results Page:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111895.htm

The competitions start on 22nd August 2019 at 14:15 CEST (13:15 BST / 12:15 GMT) with the Ladies Short.

So, the deadline to get your predictions in is 1 hour before that, i.e. 13:15 CEST (12:15 BST / 11:15 GMT)

If you need any help working out what time this is where you are, here is the Time Converter that Mrs. P has been very kindly directing us to the past few years.

Please remember to read the rules for the Predictions Game:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?81991&p=2434108&viewfull=1#post2434108

Entries

The Entries/Results page is not up yet, so in the meantime here are the links to the provisional entry lists, i.e. the lists that include possible substitutes.

Ladies:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109474.htm

Men:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109473.htm

Pairs:

No Entries :disapp:

Dance:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109475.htm

Let the fun begin!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JGP Courchevel: Prediction Chat

Hey all!
Feel free to use this thread for general prediction chat, but please ensure you use the link below for your picks!

Deadline is Aug 22, 2019 @13:15 CEST (12:15 BST / 11:15 GMT)

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
1. Kamila VALIEVA
2. Maiia KHROMYKH
3. Hanna HARRELL
4. Seoyeong WI
5. Tomoe KAWABATA
6. Nana ARAKI
7. Jihun TO

Men

1. Yuma KAGIYAMA
2. Egor RUKHIN
3. Iliya KOVLER
4. Andrei KUTOVOI
5. Mark GORODNITSKY
6. Maxim NAUMOV
7. Aleksa RAKIC

Dance

1.Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY
2. Emmy BRONSARD / Aissa BOUARAGUIA
3. Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER
4. Ekaterina KATASHINSKAIA / Aleksandr VASKOVICH
5. Elizabeth TKACHENKO / Alexei KILIAKOV
6. Katarina WOLFKOSTIN / Jeffrey CHEN
7. Olivia MCISAAC / Corey CIRCELLI

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I've already forgotten half of the predictions I submitted so this'll be fun :laugh:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hey all.

I'm scoring the men for this event. I'm laptop-less so scoring by hand and in a different timezone to usual, so I apologize if there's a little delay.

I promise I haven't forgotten!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Heh, if you had asked me going in who would win Canada's only medal of the event, Rakic would have ranked fourth on my list of the five possible contenders. Just goes to show, anything can happen in a men's event.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Heh, if you had asked me going in who would win Canada's only medal of the event, Rakic would have ranked fourth on my list of the five possible contenders. Just goes to show, anything can happen in a men's event.

as you can see i trusted the wrong canadian :biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I already put the Ladies scores, but one participant has entered their pick way past the deadline (3 pm), should I zero the score?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm not sure if this the right thread, but will there still be the competition review threads? And will they be in The Edge, as they were last year?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I already put the Ladies scores, but one participant has entered their pick way past the deadline (3 pm), should I zero the score?

Yes. Using this method, although helpful, we will have to "cutoff" any entries after deadline manually ;)

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
JGP COURCHEVEL PREDICTIONS GAME - ICE DANCE

Hello, everyone! Here go the ice dance results from the 1st stage of our Junior Predictions Game. 92 posters submitted their predictions for the ice dance category and we have 4 gold , 4 silver and 11 bronze medalists. Nobody achieved the highest score and the winners obtained 65 points.

The podium looks as follows:

SILVER MEDAL

60 points

anna gabriela
Dreamer57
Gourlie
sisy
GOLD MEDAL

65 points

Corynna
Lamente Ariane
marulia
The Doctor
BRONZE MEDAL

55 points

Antyv
Artemisa289
cabres
GoneWithTheWind
icetug
Lyssa
Marius
midnightcass
Mohacz
Shakuhachi
SnowWhite

Congratulations to the winners and see you at the Riga Cup (I will also score ice dance).

All the results are already uploaded to the Google spreadsheet that can be found here.

P.S. If you detect any mistakes, please PM me. That's the first scoring using the new format and I am still a bit lost with all the changes :eek::

Last edited:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
:hap10: Medals - Men :hap10:

So, same disclaimer as Mohacz. It was also my first time scoring by hand, so apologies if I have made any errors. Please PM me and I will do my best to fix them ASAP.

There was one user who submitted candidates competing at Lake Placid, not Courchevel.

There was a spreadsheet error displaying two names, by deduction I think they were GoneWithTheWind25(?) and Winry. I've input what I hope are the right scores each!

Gold with 60
NoNameFace

Silver with 55
Cheryldee
marulia
shyguy

Bronze with 50
Antyv
Future
Koatterce
lutz
And then one of the aforementioned Wi.... names

Congrats to everyone, happy start of JGP!
The biggest error for losing points was assigning Illya Kovler in the top 5, and the most helpful, common placement was to have Mark Gorodonitsky in 5th

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Due to a system error, which apparently got crazy with Winry and GoWithTheWind, the aforementioned posters appear in the Google Results Sreadsheet as a double "wi". I've checked the predictions of both users, added them to the table (I didn't eliminate the two "wi" rows just in case it provokes some additional errors) and deleted the results introduced for both "wis" as it could provoke confusion.

Below the manually calculated results for Winry and GoWithTheWind (only Ladies and Men as Ice Dance has already been uploaded to the Google spreadsheet):

GoWithTheWindWinry
Ladies
Kamila VALIEVA15
Seoyeong WI15
Maiia KHROMYKH15
Hanna HARRELL0
Nana ARAKI10

Kamila VALIEVA15
Tomoe KAWABATA0
Maiia KHROMYKH15
Hanna HARRELL0
Nana ARAKI10

Men
Yuma KAGIYAMA15
Iliya KOVLER0
Mark GORODNITSKY5
Andrei KUTOVOI10
Egor RUKHIN10

Yuma KAGIYAMA15
Andrei KUTOVOI10
Egor RUKHIN10
Mark GORODNITSKY10
Maxim NAUMOV5

I hope there won't be similar system errors in the next stages of the Predictions Game. Good luck with Lake Placid predictions!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Due to a system error, which apparently got crazy with Winry and GoWithTheWind, the aforementioned posters appear in the Google Results Sreadsheet as a double "wi". I've checked the predictions of both users, added them to the table (I didn't eliminate the two "wi" rows just in case it provokes some additional errors) and deleted the results introduced for both "wis" as it could provoke confusion.

Below the manually calculated results for Winry and GoWithTheWind (only Ladies and Men as Ice Dance has already been uploaded to the Google spreadsheet):

GoWithTheWindWinry
Ladies
Kamila VALIEVA15
Seoyeong WI15
Maiia KHROMYKH15
Hanna HARRELL0
Nana ARAKI10

Kamila VALIEVA15
Tomoe KAWABATA0
Maiia KHROMYKH15
Hanna HARRELL0
Nana ARAKI10

Men
Yuma KAGIYAMA15
Iliya KOVLER0
Mark GORODNITSKY5
Andrei KUTOVOI10
Egor RUKHIN10

Yuma KAGIYAMA15
Andrei KUTOVOI10
Egor RUKHIN10
Mark GORODNITSKY10
Maxim NAUMOV5

I hope there won't be similar system errors in the next stages of the Predictions Game. Good luck with Lake Placid predictions!

Thank you very much for working out our scores and adding them to the sheet :thank:

On the Game Summary and Discipline Summary pages although I can see the score listed which belongs to me, the username (GoneWithTheWind) seems to be missing from the box next to them, not a big issue, but thought it might be a bit confusing in the future for both scorers and those looking at the sheet.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Hi, I think my score for ladies should be 40 (not 35):

Kamila VALIEVA 15
Maiia KHROMYKH 10
Hanna HARRELL 0
Seoyeong WI 5
Nana ARAKI 10

Thanks!

cabres

On the Ice
Hi, thank you for the bronze medal, but I think you overscored me; my score for Ice Dance should be 50, (not 55). :drama:

1. Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY 15
2. Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER 15
3. Emmy BRONSARD / Aissa BOUARAGUIA 10
4. Ekaterina KATASHINSKAIA / Aleksandr VASKOVICH 10
5. Carolina PORTESI PERONI / Michael CHRASTECKY 0

LaArdilla

Medalist
Hi! I hope it's not too late to point that out, but I think my score for the ladies should be 55 (not 50):

1. Kamila VALIEVA 15
2. Nana ARAKI 5
3. Maiia KHROMYKH 15
4. Seoyeong WI 5
5. Tomoe KAWABATA 15

Thanks in advance for checking it out!