2019 JGP Lake Placid: Predictions Game Round 2 Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 JGP Lake Placid: Predictions Game Round 2 Chat

macy

Record Breaker
just checked dance results and the couple who placed last recieved 5 points...did they just skip all their elements?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
just checked dance results and the couple who placed last recieved 5 points...did they just skip all their elements?

They were from India, they were brave and they tried.:agree:

natsulian

Final Flight
An ice dance team originating in India. They are from Delhi and drive two hours to get ONE hour of ice time and drive back another two hours. They only started this year according to Ted and truly love figure skating. I commend them for their effort. For those who live outside of the big figure skating nations, ice time is almost inaccessible, especially in Southeast and South Asia. Everything has to have a starting point and they could be the next gold medalist or future coaches of Olympians. I wish them the best in their journey and foray into figure skating.

macy

Record Breaker
An ice dance team originating in India. They are from Delhi and drive two hours to get ONE hour of ice time and drive back another two hours. They only started this year according to Ted and truly love figure skating. I commend them for their effort. For those who live outside of the big figure skating nations, ice time is almost inaccessible, especially in Southeast and South Asia. Everything has to have a starting point and they could be the next gold medalist or future coaches of Olympians. I wish them the best in their journey and foray into figure skating.

oh wow, that's commitment. do you mean starting this year as a couple or started skating this year?

Garry12

Rinkside
Not sure what is going on with Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL. They are kind of regressed since last year.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

I just realised that Harshita is competing in singles at the same time!
(And Vansh WD from the men's event here)

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They were from India, they were brave and they tried.:agree:

There should be an honorary award for the courage to be a pioneer for a new ISU country - The Bin Yao award. For those who don't remember, Bin Yao & partner Luan Bo skated in the 1980 Olympics and had a similar last place finish. Bin Yao went on on coach a dynasty of Chinese pair champions including Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong, ZhangZhang. When Hongbo Zhao took over we got Sui/Han, Yu/Zheng & Penguin/Jin. All from such a lowly beginning.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I put the results for PAIRS in scoresheet. If there are any mistakes, PM me (I did try to include the results from resubmitted predictions, but I might have spotted it wrong). Mind you, if you had spelt that surnames wrong it is possible you got 0 points even if you predicted the place right. There are far too many entries for me to correct all spelling mistakes. So if you see that you should have better score, first check the spelling, then PM me. And for the future, do check the spelling twice. Last week I did correct some entries, but I don't have time to do that everytime.

Big congrats to Sherlock Marple, who got 75 points! :cheer:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Not sure what is going on with Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL. They are kind of regressed since last year.

No, I don't think so. They scored lower at the Amber Cup last year. His twizzles have always been bad, and they earned a PB in the free at Lake Placid. They don't look as good as they did at Junior Worlds last year, but they looked pretty on par with how they looked at this stage last season, IMO. (I've only seen them live once, but they really lacked speed). It does look like Yoshida & Nishimura have passed them, but I think that has more to do with Y&N than F&W.