2019 JGP Lake Placid: Predictions Game Round 2 Chat | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019 JGP Lake Placid: Predictions Game Round 2 Chat

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I put the results for PAIRS in scoresheet. If there are any mistakes, PM me (I did try to include the results from resubmitted predictions, but I might have spotted it wrong). Mind you, if you had spelt that surnames wrong it is possible you got 0 points even if you predicted the place right. There are far too many entries for me to correct all spelling mistakes. So if you see that you should have better score, first check the spelling, then PM me. And for the future, do check the spelling twice. Last week I did correct some entries, but I don't have time to do that everytime.

Big congrats to Sherlock Marple, who got 75 points! :cheer:

i scored 60, i got bronze, right?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Guys, apologies for delay, Men will be scored today after work, just can't get myself into the gear with work, crafts in progress & other things. Thanks for understanding!

LaArdilla

Medalist
Hello! I had a look at the scoresheet and I think there might be a mistake in my Ice Dance result. I believe I should have got 45 points instead of 40:

1. Avonley NGUYEN / Vadym KOLESNIK- 15 points
2. Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN -15 points
3. Irina GALIYANOVA / Grayson LOCHHEAD - 0 points
4. Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA - 15 points
5. Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL - 0 points

Thanks in advance for checking it out! :thank: And sorry for posting it here instead of sending a PM, but I don't know who is in charge of scoring this discipline.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Hello! I had a look at the scoresheet and I think there might be a mistake in my Ice Dance result. I believe I should have got 45 points instead of 40:

1. Avonley NGUYEN / Vadym KOLESNIK- 15 points
2. Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN -15 points
3. Irina GALIYANOVA / Grayson LOCHHEAD - 0 points
4. Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA - 15 points
5. Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL - 0 points

Thanks in advance for checking it out! :thank: And sorry for posting it here instead of sending a PM, but I don't know who is in charge of scoring this discipline.

I'm sure you're right. I'll look into it. Sorry about that, but I needed to get used to the new format. :eek::

edit: I've changed it :thumbsup:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not sure what is going on with Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL. They are kind of regressed since last year.

I don't think their JGP Lake Placid results are a fair reflection of what Sasha and George are capable of.

They looked great :dance2: at practices in Lake Placid on Wed and Thu -- really stood out for me. :luv17:

Unfortunately, on Friday (the day of the RD), George had a new injury. Before they took the ice for the RD, his hand was wrapped with thick bandaging, but then during the RD, he was bleeding heavily through the bandaging.
For Saturday's FD, he wore the black glove. When he was in the stands that night to cheer during the ladies FS, bandaging on his ungloved hand once again was visible.

I am optimistic that Sasha and George will be able to knock these programs out of the park later in the season. :yay:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I know that a lot of people like this medal announcement thing for prediction games,, so here it is (scores for Men were entered yesterday to the spreadsheet, please let me know in case of any issue, I am scoring things manually & I am not faultless :))

Gold with 65:
Colonel Green
itofan

Silver with 55:
anna gabriela
Antyv
Artemisa289
cabres
cohen-esque
elektra blue
denise3lz
GoneWithTheWind
gsk8
haribobo
Koatterce
lutz
Lyssa
Marius
NoNameFace
purplecat
readernick
Shakuhachi
StepSequence4
SnowWhite

Bronze with 50:
Antyv
Future
IndiaP12
Koatterce
LadyB
Nirti
Winry

Congratulations to all who medale and welcome everyone participating in JGP Prediction Game in this new season, as this is my first scoring duty! :) :) :)

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Note: ladies' predictions are almost all in, but several people put skaters who weren't competing in their predictions (ie: Anna Tarusina, Audrey Shin), so I'm waiting on CaroLiza_Fan to tell me how to score those.

Medals will come once that's cleaned up.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: if you put the same skater twice in your prediction, you get a zero for that skater!

Also, ladies is finally done. Lots of medals here. :)

Gold: cabres, Nitri, and sweetice, with 55 points! :yahoo:
Silver: denise3lz, haribobo, IndiaP12, Lyssa, MrECartman, StitchMonkey, TheBallerina, and vesperalvioletta, with 50 points! :dance3:
Bronze: Alex65, AlexisR, alyssamarie, anna gabriella, Carolowa, cohen-esque, Colonel Green, Corynna, DenissVFan, Dreamer57, elektra blue, Elucidus, Fluture, GINO, invisiblespiral, itofan, Jeanie19, kathisteff, katy may, Koatterce, LaArdilla, lady_bee, ladykk, Lamente Ariane, lovaticcanada, Lunalovesskating, lutz, Marius, marulia, noraa, Pandicorn, purplecat, readernick, Roo87, ruga, Shakuhachi, shyguy, siela, sisy, SnowWhite, SubRosa, sunnystars, Winry, and Yuzuruu, with 45 points! :hap85:

All scores are in the spreadsheet. PM if you think your score is wrong, and I'll fix it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: if you put the same skater twice in your prediction, you get a zero for that skater!

Just want to elaborate on the decision that was made.

This situation actually happened one time before a couple of years ago. And after quite a bit of discussion that time (there were a lot of very different opinions amongst the scorers), we decided then that the fairest thing to do is to just give both predictions for that skater a "0", and keep the other skaters in the position that they were in, so that the player does not lose out completely.

I know it sounds harsh, but at the end of the day, the scorers have no way of knowing for sure which position the player intended to have that skater in.

Incidentally, now that there are scores in the scoresheet, it has become clear that there are some pretty big problems with the scoresheet (admittedly, I think a lot of them have arisen because, in my hurry to get the scoresheet uploaded before leaving, I forgot to do something in the settings :slink: ).

Consequently, the Hall Of Fame posts will not be posted until we get to the bottom of these problems (I am currently checking through the scores of all categories).

CaroLiza_fan