2020-2021 Russian Ice Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020-2021 Russian Ice Dance

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Which is a shame. Have any of the listed teams actually withdrawn? I don't have the chance to keep 'up to the moment' with developments these days.
Of the top 6ish teams - Stepanova/Bukin and Shevchenko/Eremenko have offically withdrawn as both teams have/had COVID in the last couple of weeks (the entire Zhuk/Svinin team had the virus it was revealed yesterday).

S/K is currently an assumption (I think) due to her knee injury.

The Russian fed did say something yesterday about reconsidering the qualifications for Nationals though. (Who knows if Worlds will go ahead but with the vaccination news the last couple of weeks I can see the ISU considering a reschedule for later in the Spring if that was an option for them.)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Of the top 6ish teams - Stepanova/Bukin and Shevchenko/Eremenko have offically withdrawn as both teams have/had COVID in the last couple of weeks (the entire Zhuk/Svinin team had the virus it was revealed yesterday).

S/K is currently an assumption (I think) due to her knee injury.

The Russian fed did say something yesterday about reconsidering the qualifications for Nationals though. (Who knows if Worlds will go ahead but with the vaccination news the last couple of weeks I can see the ISU considering a reschedule for later in the Spring if that was an option for them.)
Thank you for bringing me up to date.

It does unfortunately prove just how contagious the covid-19 virus is, and the importance of wearing masks, frequent handwashing (especially the fingertips, including under the nails), social distancing, etc. We're all in this together. My best wishes to the entire Zhuk/Svinin team for complete recoveries.

As well as to the delightful Ms K and her injured knee.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Russian nationals participants:

Tiffani Zagorski / Jonathan Gureiro
Sofia Kartashova / Ilia Karpov
Elizaveta Kirillova / Mark Tchegodayev
Svetlana Lizunova / Aleksandr Vakhnov
Ekaterina Mironova / Evgenii Ustenko
Annabel Morozov / Andrei Bagin
Vlada Pavlenina / Aleksandr Aleksanian
Elizaveta Pasechnik / Egor Kolosovskii
Viktoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov
Anastasia Skoptsova / Kirill Aleshin
Aleksandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin
Iulia Tulisheva / Anatolii Belovodchenko
Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva / Egor Bazin
Vlada Tsashnikova / Zakhar Tserezov
Sofia Shevchenko / Igor Eremenko

Last edited:

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Oh no i'm sad why they will miss nationals?

Who remplace them?

They have been advised by doctors to stay off the ice for seven to ten days. They will not be replaced.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand

Anna Rumak and Gleb Goncharov look a little bit taller since Russian Cup a few months ago, but not any less cute 🤗

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Anna Rumak and Gleb Goncharov look a little bit taller since Russian Cup a few months ago, but not any less cute 🤗
I was watching live, they were truly cute 🥰

readernick

Medalist

So cute. I love them. They have amazing skills for such a tiny team.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
BTW Papadakis/Cizeron announced they will not participate at worlds (if worlds happen) which gives very strong chance to the Russians to win the title. Therefore I hope S/K can participate (S/B are usually evaluated under top US ice dance team ;)).

Miriam090

Rinkside
I really hope they can take that title! I suppose it all depends on how bad Vika's lungs are though - fingers crossed for a full recovery

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Since I don't find their fan fest, I will pop it here. I really love the FD of Khudaiberdieva & Bazin to Experience (Ludovico Einaudi). Clearly it tells a story, with several distinct "chapters" in the program with the choreography, music edits and moods. Does anyone know the details of the story of this program?

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
There was a video posted on Peter Drnev’s IG the other day which has Abachkina/Drodz in it, and I have to say I’m so excited to see this pairing together. I can not wait to see them in competition. The future of Russian ice dance is looking so strong. The only problem is that there are so many couples between the top juniors and couples who have just turned senior that I adore, it’s a shame that they can only ever send 3 couples to worlds. The competition for those top 3 spots once the top seniors retire is going to be insane.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

I don't follow junior ice dance that often, but I came across this video and I realized this team must be the young team that has been mentioned as up-and-coming for Krylova. They are quite talented and charming together. They got my attention right away. In fact, as I watched them for the first time, my immediate thought was: Krylova has found a young team who are quite reminiscent of Meryl Davis/ Charlie White. It will be interesting to see how Vasilisa Kaganovskaya/ Valeryi Angelopol develop.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

I don't follow junior ice dance that often, but I came across this video and I realized this team must be the young team that has been mentioned as up-and-coming for Krylova. They are quite talented and charming together. They got my attention right away. In fact, as I watched them for the first time, my immediate thought was: Krylova has found a young team who are quite reminiscent of Meryl Davis/ Charlie White. It will be interesting to see how Vasilisa Kaganovskaya/ Valeryi Angelopol develop.
BTW Kaganovskaya took part in the first season of the show Ice Age: Kids. She skated with Ilya Vladimirov that time and they won.