2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Nikolaj Majorov did the same in his choreo sequence at a competition in Sweden this weekend. No deduction and high GOE. The Swedish judges should know. Is it a new trend?

Rika is amazing!
Probably a lot of choroegraphers watched the Georgian's FD last season :D
So far Zhenya, Rika and now Nikolaj Majorov are doing a cartwheel this season :) seems like kneeslides are out of fashion haha

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Probably a lot of choroegraphers watched the Georgian's FD last season :D
So far Zhenya, Rika and now Nikolaj Majorov are doing a cartwheel this season :) seems like kneeslides are out of fashion haha

Right LOL. So will this be the season for cartwheels and the ballet kick jump?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm impressed with the short video of Rika's SP. I like it, this could be a cool program!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
As Yuma and Tomoe are medalists of senior nationals, they are not required to participate in regional/sectional.

Medalists of Nationals are not required to participate in regional/sectional, BUT they could opt for the local competitions...
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/88de36a4b2eec874c698bf29a2aca162d64fafde
So in this news it's reported that Yuma (sorry perhaps this should be posted under the another discussion thread...) will have his 1st competition at Kanto Regional/blog (to be held on Oct 1-4).

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I have to say I'm loving whatever it is Rika has going on right now in terms of training.

We've gotten some amazing videos of her very intense looking SP but she seems to be having so much fun hanging out with the other skaters as well.

I think they celebrated someone's birthday today and someone baked a tart. It just all looks very happy and healthy for the soul. I'm very pleased she ended up in Switzerland with young people her age.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Does someone know where is Riko Takino and how she is doing? I know she switched to Hamada but i don't recall seeing her competing last season.

readernick

Medalist
Mana looks great. But, her jumps including the 3A look great, and if I was a Japanese lady (not named Rika) I would really be trying to step up my game because next year when Mana turns senior she is going to be a threat for the Olympic team. Good skating skills easy jumps... she does need to improve her performance skills but the basics are already there.

gotoschool

Medalist
Video clips from DOI-Day 1

Wakaba: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwzNdwuBmyA
Kaori: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIldSoRsjc&t=1s (The new SP is 'Bach a la Jazz')
Tomoe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8-ItoL7gAU
Mana: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCysIsGK6Nc
Hana (Yoshida): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-EjEAA7Jlg

(There will be DOI-Day 2 on 9/13 and the same group will skate to their FS.)

Thank you for the videos. It was wonderful to see all the performances. I enjoyed seeing everyone skate, but I was most impressed with Mana and Tomoe. Mana's triple axel and expression was beautiful and exciting and her improvement from last year impressive, though she was very good last year. And Tomoe is really graceful with lovely extended movements.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I saw on a fan blog today that entries for regionals are out, and Rika Hongo and Mai Mihara are listed. So happy to see both back in competition! :luv17:

Joekaz

On the Ice
Wakaba hit her 3A in practice for DOI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsxhIah6BgA
With Wakaba seemingly on the verge of landing 3A in competition, Kawabe already having done so, and Rika clear number 1, are they the favorites to make the Olympic team next year? Kaori looked slimmer and much better than last year, but has she ever come close with her quad attempts? Without a 3A or quad, its hard to compete on the world stage. Is Satoko's time passed?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

readernick

Medalist
With Wakaba seemingly on the verge of landing 3A in competition, Kawabe already having done so, and Rika clear number 1, are they the favorites to make the Olympic team next year? Kaori looked slimmer and much better than last year, but has she ever come close with her quad attempts? Without a 3A or quad, its hard to compete on the world stage. Is Satoko's time passed?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't think we should count our chickens before they hatch �� It is impossible to know who will be in top form next year for the Olympics. At this time, I agree that Rika (obviously), Mana and Wakaba seem to be the strongest contenders. But, Kaori is looking better this year, and there are other skaters who could improve their technical arsenal and make a run for the Olympics. It is good to see there Japanese ladies looking more competitive. Last year, only Rika showed strength in competition.

sakurano

Final Flight
I’m glad to see Wakaba’s 3A even though she made a lot of mistakes on this LP , she radiates
Mana captured my gaze I love what she offers , as she became senior she may be a threat , but you have to let her grow.

I didn’t really notice the changes in Kaori’s music but she looks great.

Yes to the return of Mai and Rika Hongo that made my day again I can't wait to see them on the ice after so long . and there is also the return of Yuna S after an injury

I see that this year there will be a lot of Senior with the arrival of Miyu , Mana impossible to choose.

All I hope is not to relive the heartbreak of the Olympic Year 2017-2018
For the moment, apart from Rika, we can’t say who will be favourites

satoko ?
Mai ?
Wakaba?
Mana ?
Sara ?
Kaori ?

Tomoe ? she has a big 3LZ

Yuhana ?

Azikin

Medalist
Mana looks great. Choosing to Firedance as a program when Haein had such a memorable program to that music last year was an interesting choice.
It may have been Firedance but it was a different music than Haein's Firedance.. ;) But yeah, interesting program with nice 3A, a bit UR but good effort..

readernick

Medalist
It may have been Firedance but it was a different music than Haein's Firedance.. ;) But yeah, interesting program with nice 3A, a bit UR but good effort..

Your right. I noticed that after I went back and watched the program again. The first time I watched it I had to have the volume turned down. Glad the music is different. The 3A was a bit UR, but by less than a quarter so rotated by ISU standards. However, it was more UR in the LP which caused her to fall. I think she needs a bit more height on the 3A. However, it is close and the rest of her jumps look good!