2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I saw on a fan blog today that entries for regionals are out, and Rika Hongo and Mai Mihara are listed. So happy to see both back in competition! :luv17:
Great news.
Do you know if Rika is keeping ghost in the shell program?
Mai's FP music is cursed. First Lori gave it to Zijun's Li who retired at the beginning of olympic season before skating on it. 2nd, Lori gave it to Mai who had to miss the entire season because of her illness. I hope she will finally skate it at regionals, even with doubles.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Some surprises from Chubu regional ladies' FS:
- Mako who won the ladies' attempted a 4S in her program (was down-graded in protocol with <<)
- Rika (Hongo) who won the ladies' FS made a nice come back!
- Every skater in the last group seemed to skate with a FS program of great personality (looking forward to the videos showing up)
Protocol of FS: https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2020-2021/fs_j/block4/data0205.pdf (Rika took 1st in FS, and Mako 2nd)

sakurano

Final Flight
Wow Mako yamashita tried a 4S even though it was >> it's still amazing I've never heard that she wants to increase her technique, but it's not surprising considering the standard that's setting in figure skating, all I hope is that she doesn't put pressure on herself.

Rika Hongo made a magnificent comeback with her 2nd place.

Yuhana Yokoi has a cute FS on Tom and Jerry .

I don't know what's going on with Nana Araki but it worries me indeed her Sp was slow and apparently she had a problem with her LZ which is her strength maybe injury or puberty.

And also in view of the results the Japanese field junior level is a little bit weak but it's because the beginning of the season and with the sanitary situation it didn't help.

Hum it's good to see Japanese skating, next week there will be other regionals, do you think we'll have videos ?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Didn't Yuhana skate to Mr. Grinch last season? 🥰 cute program must be her trademark. Rika H.'s come back makes me very happy!:jump:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Yuhana is always unique and lively, I love watching her programs. I even survived her Phantom last season. @elektra, her last year's SP was to Ten Dark Women, a Japanese comedy, and her FS was PotO. I dont think she had Grinch.
I hope she can soon skate the programs clean, then she'll score high. And I'd definitely prefer her to wear pants rather than skirt in her Tom & Jerry FS.

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
Nothing happened. Latest thing we know from Rika is that she still intends to go to Canada to train in TCC when travel restrictions are lifted, obviously it's hard to tell when this will happen exactly. Everything else is speculation and rumors. If her plans changed, she would announce it herself.

sakurano

Final Flight
yes from what I have seen from her programs Yuhana always has original costumes my favorite is that of POTO where she interprets to faith Christie and the ghost. For her Tom and Jerry outfit yes she is a little short and indeed pants will be a better choice.

I didn't know that Mana played the Grinch I saw this movie a long time ago.

What it was not a rumor that Rika goes to Pluchenko? I took it as a joke.

I maintain what I think at the moment we can not know who will be the favorites except Rika, but it's a pleasure to see those we have not seen for a long time as Rin, Rika H and soon May, it also lacks Yuna S, Yuna A.

in less than 4 days it's the Japan Open I can't wait to see Wakaba , Marin , Yuhana , Tomoe , I don't know Chisato so this will be the opportunity to see him.