2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating

sakurano

Final Flight
What??? Maybe his plan is to get all skaters in the world to train under him in one arena to minimize the risk of COVID infection...
I don't know, if that's the case he'll have to be careful with his XD hair. Anyway, it's just noises from the corridors, I don't even know if she's still in Russia.

Sad to learn her withdrawal, I was happy to see her again on the ice, I hope she will recover quickly.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Poor Marin. I don't think her shoulder will be ready in 10 days. I wonder if she can get a bye.

readernick

Medalist
I have a question about the Japanese qualification process to Nationals. How many skaters qualify to sectionals from regionals? And, how many skaters qualify to nationals from sectionals? Does it depend on the discipline and region? Is there a minimum TES or TSS? It seems to me that certain regions have a lot more competitors than other regions. Can someone explain the process?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
And, how many skaters qualify to nationals from sectionals? Does it depend on the discipline and region? Is there a minimum TES or TSS? It seems to me that certain regions have a lot more competitors than other regions. Can someone explain the process?
Basically, it's explained in this document (in Japanese): https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/common/img/info/2020qualifying.pdf
And in general, I think the numbers of entries from each region/section have to do with the results (at national?) from the previous year. As for the minimum TES, I don't recall there's such a rule for seniors, but there was a minimum TES required for Jr. (ladies) to get for the competitors to participate in regionals (blog) this year.

kirauza343

On the Ice
Wakaba’s 3A is really getting there! She’s putting it to her feet and it won’t be long before she gets a clean landing.

Rika is really thriving in Switzerland! That’s one of the best quad sals we’ve seen from her, and she’ll have the perfect time to try it in competition at IDF

haribobo

On the Ice
Kinki Regionals Sr ladies SP top 10
1 Kaori Sakamoto 74.88
2 Riko Takino 60.46
3 Mai Mihara 59.69
4 Mana Kawabe 57.92
5 Yuna Shiraiwa 57.20
6 Ayumi Kagotani 55.93
7 Ayaka Hosoda 55.52
8 Hiyori Tokura 47.28
9 Harue Inoue 46.56