2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating

starla16

Medalist
Hopefully Mishina / Galliamov will finally polish what they lack under Moskvina

Boikova / Kozlovski are questionable pairs and untested as they never won a world medal despite being overhyped and inconsistent.

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice

Boikova / Kozlovski are questionable pairs and untested as they never won a world medal despite being overhyped and inconsistent.

Aren't you being a bit harsh on them? :scratch2: They've been seniors for just two seasons and only got to attend one world championship where they had strong performances and placed very well for a senior debut. Last season they had all the momentum to medal at Worlds or even win, but then the event was, you know, cancelled.

readernick

Medalist

Boikova / Kozlovski are questionable pairs and untested as they never won a world medal despite being overhyped and inconsistent.[/QUOTE

This is a strange comment since B/K were the most successful Russian pair team last year. They were only able to go to Worlds once and were a respectable 6th in their first senior season. They won all their GPs this year, won Russian nationals, won Europeans, and were definitely on a path to win a medal at Worlds. In fact, it is their consistency in contrast to other pairs that has been their strength. I am not sure they would have won Worlds because the superior quality of T/M, Sui/ Han, and even Peng/ Jin means that a stellar performance from the above teams could have taken them out of Gold medal position, but they would have almost certainly have medaled with clean skates. M/G and P/K only medal , at this point, if other teams make mistakes. B/K can medal on their own merits.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
she has been skating since 2010, seriously that's ancient as shes 24 soon. That's already post peak shelf by most skaters.
Same for Tarasova 26 / Morozov going 30 ? for him

She's past her prime and yet she's competing her most technically challenging programs to date? Age is but a number considering that she can still hang with the best domestically and internationally. The same for T/M. I don't think age is what is causing their struggles. Not sure I understand the impulse to put an expiration date on skaters, especially when they're still highly competitive.

colormyworld240

Medalist
she has been skating since 2010, seriously that's ancient as shes 24 soon. That's already post peak shelf by most skaters.

All skaters have seasons where they do well, and seasons where they don't. Every skater will have 1 season where they do better than all their others unless they are giving the exact same performance each season. Liza's best season, her peak, was in 2015. So far, she hasn't been able to replicate those results, but that doesn't mean she can't. She can peak again in the future, or even exceed that, as any other skater can. We just don't see this often because most skaters go off to do something else before they hit another peak as great as their first one, but that's to be expected as most skaters move onto other careers. It's not a "normal" career that people have for 40 years. And even in those ones, many people move onto other things as well.

Artemisa

Final Flight

Yes, we all Know that you don't like Boikova/kozlovski .. your B pair.
I don't know where they were inconsistent ... in there second season they got one bad skate .. I think most of skaters would like that

LadyB

Record Breaker

Pair skaters last a bit longer than single girls in particular.

Zhenya is 25, Vovan is 27, btw. ;)

starla16

Medalist
Yes, we all Know that you don't like Boikova/kozlovski .. your B pair.
I don't know where they were inconsistent ... in there second season they got one bad skate .. I think most of skaters would like that

A European medal is less coveted than a World medal. And Mishina / Galliamov would have medal of even win had they been sent to Europeans
their National result was a fluke.

LRK

Record Breaker

Boikova / Kozlovski are questionable pairs and untested as they never won a world medal despite being overhyped and inconsistent.[/QUOTE

This is a strange comment since B/K were the most successful Russian pair team last year. They were only able to go to Worlds once and were a respectable 6th in their first senior season. They won all their GPs this year, won Russian nationals, won Europeans, and were definitely on a path to win a medal at Worlds. In fact, it is their consistency in contrast to other pairs that has been their strength. I am not sure they would have won Worlds because the superior quality of T/M, Sui/ Han, and even Peng/ Jin means that a stellar performance from the above teams could have taken them out of Gold medal position, but they would have almost certainly have medaled with clean skates. M/G and P/K only medal , at this point, if other teams make mistakes. B/K can medal on their own merits.

Not really considering who is saying it. Hint: Check the corresponding thread for last season to see what I'm referring to.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Galliamov / Mishina moved to Moskvina ? wow
this could be interesting they can certainly challenge Tamara's current pupils the much hyped and unproven Boikova / Kozlovskii.

Mishina / Galliamov only lacked the speed and skating skills while they blow B/K out of the water in everything else
power, technicality and consistency.

My prediction this seaon

1 Mishina / Galliamov
2 Boikova / Kozlovskii
3 Pavlyuhcneko / Khodykin
4 Tarasova / Morozov (they had their chance last season and they are not getting younger, shes 26 I think Morzov is now 30 ? they are like Tuktamysheva who are from the bygone era, although props to Tuk who is 27 years old and still sticking to skating despite her age)

You can't age women it's against the societal norms. ;) but Liza may still be skating competitively when she's 27. That's four years away for her.

ntnext

Rinkside
Moscow Junior Competition - SP
9. Mariya Kuznetsova - Daniil Venediktov - 2Lz (e), 2TwB, 3LiB, FiDs2, 2LoTh, StSqB, CCoSp3 tek 17.89, comp 19.72 scors 37,61
8. Ekaterina Geynish - Andrey Sachkov - 2Tw1, 2LoTh, 2A, 3Li1, FiDs2,CCoSp (0 points), StSq2 tek 20.05, comp 22.28 scors 42,33
7. Milana Trubacheva - Vladislav Smirnov - 3Tw1, 2A, 3Li3, 3LoTh, FCCoSp2, StSqB, FiDs2 tek 25.34, comp 22.40 scors 47,74
6. Milana Matakaeva - Aleksandr Rebrik - 3Tw2, 1A<< (*), 2LoTh, 3Li2, FiDs2, StSq2, CCoSp3 tek 23.83, comp 25.00 scors 48,83
5. Daria Boyarintseva - Maksim Shagalov - 3Tw1, 2A, 3LoTh, StSq1, FCCoSp2V (nS), 3Li4, FiDs3 tek 27.93, comp 25.32 scors 53,25
4. Aleksandra Finokhina - Vladislav Antonyshev - 3Tw1, 2LoTh, 2A, 3Li3, StSq2, FiDs2, CCoSp1V (nS) tek 27.29, comp 26.94 scors 54,23
3. Natalia Khabibullina - Ilya Knyazhuk - 3Tw2, 3Li3, FiDs3, 3LoTh, 2A<, StSq2, CCoSp3 tek 29.51, comp 25.08 scors 54,59
2. Anastasia Mukhortova - Dmitriy Evgenyev - 3Tw3, 3LoTh, 1A(*), 3Li3, FCCoSp4, StSq2, FiDs2 tek 27.82, comp 28.00 scors 55,82
1. Ekaterina Belova - Dmitriy Chigiryev - 3Tw3, 2A, 3LoTh, FiDs4, 3Li4, StSq3, CCoSp3 tek 34.69, comp 28.80 scors 63,49