2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I wonder why Isabeau scored so low, especially since she did 3Lz+1Eu+3F and 3F+3T in the FS. Idk how Jessica Lin won

Her landings are usually much better and I think she URed her 3-3s (usually they look pretty clean despite her wonky technique). She's on my radar because of her consistency and performance ability, which will make her scores rise throughout the season (and her career) if she keeps it up! Keep in mind she hasn't even competed internationally yet.

Who is Isabeau's coach anyway? Do we see a coaching change in her future? Just asking.

natsulian

Final Flight
Her landings are usually much better and I think she URed her 3-3s (usually they look pretty clean despite her wonky technique). She's on my radar because of her consistency and performance ability, which will make her scores rise throughout the season (and her career) if she keeps it up! Keep in mind she hasn't even competed internationally yet.

Who is Isabeau's coach anyway? Do we see a coaching change in her future? Just asking.

Isabeau is coached by Yulia Kuznetsova.

Steinbeck

Rinkside

Isabeau is indeed a fierce competitor :thumbsup: and actually did debut internationally last year at Asian Open and got bronze (Mia Kalin got silver and Nini Xiangyi gold) in Advanced Novice.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Also it seems that Emilia Murdock is moving to Toronto. Not sure who she is training under or if she left MJM completely, but hopefully this move will allow her to improve and get that much needed 3+3!

Confirmation of Milly's Murdock's move to Tracy Wilson and Karen Preston (with Audrey Weisiger listed as Milly's third coach on her updated bio):

Milly's Instastory within the last couple of days showed her at TCC.
I think that they are lucky to have her. :dance2:
And of course, I hope that she will grow there as successfully as others have.

Reminder that live streaming of Colorado Springs Invitational starts today (Fri Sep 11).

This time Karen Chen is entered in both SP and FS, as are other Colorado ladies of interest.

ETA:
The SP start order originally had listed Karen, but now that the segment is underway, the live results show that she is a withdrawal.​
ETA (on Sep 12):
Karen also is a withdrawal from the FS.​

Wren Warne-Jacobsen is a Senior Ladies entry at Maplewood Fall Classic in Minnesota, which also starts today.

ETA:

Jill Heiner is a Senior Ladies entry at John Smith Memorial in North Carolina, which starts tomorrow (Sat Sep 12).

Hannah Herrera is a Junior Ladies entry at Oktoberfest in Utah, which starts today. (6.0 event this year.)​

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Isabeau is indeed a fierce competitor :thumbsup: and actually did debut internationally last year at Asian Open and got bronze (Mia Kalin got silver and Nini Xiangyi gold) in Advanced Novice.

Completely forgot about that competition! USFS made a smart decision to send those two to an international novice competition. Hopefully they will continue to support those two, and give them the resources they need to keep improving their skating, as they both have so much potential. 2026 should be the goal. :thumbsup:

natsulian

Final Flight
Just watched 2019 Juvenile Champion Kanon Smith (skate at the Colorado Springs Invitational as a Novice. She's incredible and landed a 3T, 3Lz+3T<, and 2A in her Short although the second 3T was invalidated (seems she's hard at work on a 3A from her social media posts). Fast skater with amazing spins, good skating skills, and a charming aura. She's definitely one to watch.

natsulian

Final Flight
Apparently Pooja is back! Could I have a link to her sp, please?

She did a 2A, 3Lz+2T, and 3F on her way to scoring 60. She landed several 3Lz+3T during warm ups but it’s a new combo for her so she’s probably getting used to it being in a program. Beautiful skater with ample musicality and great jumps. Hope to see her prosper.

theblade

On the Ice
Yay Kanon! My skater started at the same local rink she did - over the past several years, Kanon has always stood out on the ice. It is absolutely incredible how much she has achieved thus far. Her family is not "to the manor born" (few of us are!) and this skater has achieved so much with raw talent and hard, hard work. She is absolutely one to watch. And, she is a sweet person with a great presence at the rink.

natsulian

Final Flight
Yay Kanon! My skater started at the same local rink she did - over the past several years, Kanon has always stood out on the ice. It is absolutely incredible how much she has achieved thus far. Her family is not "to the manor born" (few of us are!) and this skater has achieved so much with raw talent and hard, hard work. She is absolutely one to watch. And, she is a sweet person with a great presence at the rink.

Kanon's jumps, musicality, and skating skills are superb! What a wonderful talent! Best of luck to her in the future!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Does anyone know Karen Chen’s music? I think she withdrew from a recent competition?

Is Hanna Harrell still injured?

There’s no other place to find out any information.☹️

haribobo

On the Ice
Slotting in 2020 Nationals scores with current summer scores (bolded), for what it's worth...

Alysa Liu 160
Mariah Bell 151
Bradie Tennell 141
Karen Chen 123
Pooja Kalyan 119
Sierra Venetta 118 (98 @ Cup of CO)
Starr Andrews 115
Courtney Hicks 115 (82 @ Co Springs)
Rena Ikenishi 114
Amber Glenn 113
Maxine Bautista 111
Gabriella Izzo 108
Gracie Gold 107
Emily Zhang 105
Lindsay Thorngren 104
Audrey Shin 103
Violeta Ushakova 102
Finley Hawk 101
Wren Warne-Jacobsen 98

Sarah Jung 98
Sonja Hilmer 97
Paige Rydberg 95

natsulian

Final Flight
Does anyone know Karen Chen’s music? I think she withdrew from a recent competition?

Is Hanna Harrell still injured?

There’s no other place to find out any information.☹️
Based on her coach's liked comments and videos of Hanna, she's in training. Hanna's also doing extensive therapy, pilates, and working on her Short and Free programs.

Furthermore, on a different US lady that was injured, Ting recently began working on a new Short and is jumping again.

Wishing them the best.

natsulian

Final Flight
The 2020 Virtual Challenge Skate concluded today and the Novice ladies event was won by Anila Bonilo with Gabriela Summer Panaligan coming in a close second. In the Junior ladies event, Isabeau Levito took a clear lead with a score of 171 with Adele Zheng in second with a score of 157.

Link w/ results, start order, and videos --> https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/sports/2020/9/17/challenge-skate-competition-central.aspx

Isabeau L - 2A, 3Lz+3T, 3F, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lz+Eu+3S, and 3F+2T
Adele - 3Lz+2T, 3F (hangs on), 2A+2T, 3Lo, 3Lz, 3F+2Lo, and 2A
Audrey: 3Lz+3T, 2A+3T, 1F, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S, and 2A
Mia: 2A, 3Lz+3T, 3S (was going to go for a 4S), 3Lo, 3F+Eu+3S, 2A+2T, and 3Lz

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FWIW, new virtual FS score for Jessica Lin was published yesterday:

101.26 from August round of Junior Ladies in Colonial Cyber Series.​

98.19 was her (winning) virtual FS score from first round of Junior Ladies in ISP Points Challenge, published on Sep 9.

The 2020 Virtual Challenge Skate concluded today and the Novice ladies event was won by Anila Bonilo with Gabriela Summer Panaligan coming in a close second. In the Junior ladies event, Isabeau Levito took a clear lead with a score of 171 with Adele Zheng in second with a score of 157.

Link w/ results, start order, and videos --> https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/sports/2020/9/17/challenge-skate-competition-central.aspx

Lest anyone wonder, this "Audrey" is Audrey Meredith (third at novice sectionals last season).

(Given the far higher profile of Audrey Shin, I do not think it is safe to assume that without a last name, "Audrey" automatically would be understood to be a less familiar Audrey -- unless someone already has clicked over to the full results list for Challenge Skate.)

lutzlover

On the Ice

Ooo! Thanks for posting! Totally forgot when these competitions are posted. Camera quality isn’t always there, but I’m just happy to see SKATING

Mia has grown a lot! Adele has a lot of potential. I recall seeing Haley Scott at a nationals a few years back - she was doing much more difficult jumps than her other competitiors but just didn’t have the consistency. Nice to see her again