2020 Christmas Card Exchange | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020 Christmas Card Exchange

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So many beautiful cards!! It is a delight when one appears and is added to my Christmas display... :thank: so much everyone!!
One is coming from Tabitha and I. Not only am I late as per usual, but the mail is running so terribly slowly and St Louis has made the news as being particularly bad. My parents sent me something via priority mail on Dec 7 and I didn’t get it until 9 days later.

Thanks to all for the wonderful cards. It is so much fun to get cards from around the country and the world.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well everyone, I have finished all my domestic (USA) cards and am currently sending out the International ones. I know that seems quite a bit backwards but there is at least a chance the domestic ones will arrive before New Years.
Every year I go out the day after Christmas and buy cards and come home and put them in the closet. Every year I swear I will start early. Every year I fail.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
One is coming from Tabitha and I. Not only am I late as per usual, but the mail is running so terribly slowly and St Louis has made the news as being particularly bad. My parents sent me something via priority mail on Dec 7 and I didn’t get it until 9 days later.

Thanks to all for the wonderful cards. It is so much fun to get cards from around the country and the world.
Thanks Moonvine .. will watch for it. :coffee:I agree .. so great to open and read each one. I did not receive anything in the mail for days then today a huge stack of stuff... the weather has been a factor for sure! Now heavy rain is predicted for Christmas Eve.. darn. Can’t wait for 2020 to end....o_O

Elinor

Spectator
All - I'm not going to make it in time! I am so sorry. I signed up for this thinking surely I'd have time but the end of my semester was an absolute nightmare (I'm a teacher). I've been getting these lovely, beautiful cards and I'm so grateful for them.

My apologies to everyone! Your good thoughts are so very appreciated.

I'm so sorry! - Melissa

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Today is Christmas Eve and I got one more card in the mail! (Well actually two,but the other one was from family friends) I look forward to any more that show up, but here's my display!

You’ll be getting mine in plenty of time....for Easter. The mail here is so terrible I ordered a package on 11/26 and got it on 12/17. It had to come from Texas.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well everyone, I have finished all my domestic (USA) cards and am currently sending out the International ones. I know that seems quite a bit backwards but there is at least a chance the domestic ones will arrive before New Years.
Every year I go out the day after Christmas and buy cards and come home and put them in the closet. Every year I swear I will start early. Every year I fail.
Arrived yesterday 12/30... will watch for you and Tabitha at Nationals ..:coffee::party2:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The mail has been incredibly slow. I just received a Chanukah card from a friend in Northern NJ (we live in Philly, PA) on December 30. In "normal" times, that card would have arrived in 2 days. The envelope was postmarked December 10 (the first night of Chanukah was 12/10, & of course continued for 8 days/nights). My husband ordered a certain prescription refill several weeks ago. It just came this week. Fortunately it wasn't a medicine that he needs to take every day (& he had some to hold him over).

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Today is Christmas Eve and I got one more card in the mail! (Well actually two,but the other one was from family friends) I look forward to any more that show up, but here's my display!

Your lovely display reminds me of mine when I was in NH... I put them around door frames .. looks great!!

Greldon

Spectator
Country
United-States
We joined this exchange very late but sent out cards to most in the U.S., and three to Canada. Many apologies to the Canadians, we should have realized they needed extra postage. We apologize for being in such a hurry to get the cards out, we didn't even think about the postage. It won't happen again next year.

But we were pleased with the results even sending out our cards so late. We received most after Christmas, but that is okay. Everyone that sent one is on our permanent Christmas Card list.

We can't wait until next Christmas, and we will mail early, including our new international friends with Global Forever® stamps.

Robert & Chun

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks to all who participated in this exchange! I loved all the cards I received. The mail was a bright spot every day in a very difficult December! I mailed my cards late, but everyone on the spread sheet should receive one eventually!

statmam

On the Ice
CatonBlades, you clever skate-themed card arrived today! Thank you very much. Romania to Ohio, USA, in 21 days. That's pretty good for an overseas post. In this strange year, some of my local cards took longer than that. Thanks again to everyone.