gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2020 Cup of China
Chongqing Huaxi Culture and Sports Center
Nov. 8-10, 2020
Chongqing, China​

The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series consists of six international senior invitational events and culminates with the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. However, due to COVID-19, the Final has been postponed for this season and no World standing or ranking points will be awarded in the Grand Prix events.
Note: In light of the pandemic, the usual selection criteria do not apply for the 2020-21 Grand Prix season. The competitors will be invited according to the following principles:
  • The top 6 Skaters/Teams from the ISU Grand Prix List are given priority to be selected for a Grand Prix event provided they reside/train in one of the Grand Prix Member countries, or have no travel restrictions to travel to a Grand Prix Member country in the nearby area.
  • The top 7-12 Skaters (for Ladies and Men), Top 7-10 Couples (for Pair Skating and Ice Dance) from the Grand Prix List are given second priority to be selected for a Grand Prix.
  • The top 24 Season's best and World Standings Skaters/Couples for season 2019/20 (not included in the above) will have third priority for selection.
  • The remaining entries will be from Skaters/Teams in the top 75 season's best list from 2019/20 and up to two Skaters/Teams from the Organizing Grand Prix Member (off list).
  • If there are no available Skaters/Teams left in the top 75, the Organizing Grand Prix Member may invite any other Skater training in the Organizing Grand Prix Member's country.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With fear of sounding like a stuck record, does anybody know if the coloured Time Schedule been released yet? And, if so, where to find it.

Like with Skate America, I have been putting off posting the Predictions Game thread until I know for definite the start time. And, like with Skate America, I don't want to put it off for any longer.

I realise that there is a timetable at the back of the Announcement PDF linked to in the OP. But, given that the number of entries are significantly smaller than normal across all categories, it is very plausible that the times of the segments could be changed to reflect that.

So, can anybody help?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

:laugh: That's typical me. If I had done things in a different order this morning - looking up the Eurosport TV listings before attempting to do the Predictions Game stuff - the Time Schedule would have been up by the time I had finished, and there would have been no need to ask! :laugh:

So, no changes at all to the start times. That does surprise me. I was honestly expecting the organisers to take the opportunity to close things up so that they could either have a longer dinner break, or an earlier bedtime.

But, I suppose they decided to leave it as it was as changing things would cause too much disruption to the TV schedules.

Thank you for being as efficient as ever

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

sworddance21

On the Ice
I've searched for this info on the forum but am not finding it. Sui/Han are not competing? Are they retired? Taking the Grand Prix off? Injured?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The event is this weekend. Will there be any online or TV access?

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The event is this weekend. Will there be any online or TV access?

According to soyouwanttowachfs, there's the typical:
  • Geoblocked YouTube Stream
  • Regional Geoblocked streams in the US, Canada, Czech Republic, Spain, and Taiwan
  • TV Ashai (Japan) is supposed to be un-geoblocked (but people had trouble accessing it for Skate America if I remember)
  • China should also have an unblocked stream

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I wish someone would post the TV Asahi footages on Youtube if they're not geoblocked. O_O That would help me so much with language proficiency.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have queried ISU about the Start Orders and Results page link. Dance RD starts in 12 hours and 25 minutes from this post.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow starting times are in the middle of the night for me. I hope the stream stays up so I can watch.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i'll be joining you for ladies

Well, in that case, I'll live pause the start of Moto3 Free Practice 1 for half an hour and stay on for the Ladies! :)

Just over an hour and a quarter to go until the start of the Short Dance.

CaroLiza_fan