2020 Cup Of China: Senior GP Predictions Game Round 3 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 Cup Of China: Senior GP Predictions Game Round 3

cake

On the Ice
Here are men´s results. This time 90 points could be won because all 6 entries were scored.
Many participants expected Zhang in 3rd and Chen in 4th and had everything else correct, which led to many silver medals. Only one person had everything right:
The winner with the perfect score of 90 points is Roo87 :bow::hb:

Silver with 80 points is shared by Alex65, apgold, Chris Cooper, CrazyKittenLady, GarthAqua, GoneWithTheWind, Gourlie, Hyena, Dreamer57, invisiblespiral, Jeanie19, ladyjane, Pandicorn, purplecat, Shakuhachi, SnowWhite, TheMightyBidoof, yqs100, YuBluByMe

Bronze with 75 points goes to Sherlock Marple, who sadly submitted only 5 entries, otherwise it would have been gold

Congrats to all medallists!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Only one person had everything right:
The winner with the perfect score of 90 points is Roo87 :bow::hb:

You know, there is something fitting about this. After being one of only two players to not get the Gold in Pairs, @Roo87 becomes the only player to get the Gold in Men.

Now all we need is for @yqs100 to become the only player to get the Gold in one of the remaining categories...

CaroLiza_fan

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Here are the results for the Ladies competition at the Cup Of China.
Nearly everyone predicted that Hongyi Chen would win. But only 2 were close to perfect on the other positions.

GOLD with 65 points: itofan, who had places 1-2-5 correct but switched 3-4; and TontoK, who had 1-4-5 but switched 2-3.

SILVER with 55 points: Alex65, Artemisa, CrazyKittenLady, Dreamer57, FayD, GarthAqua, Gia Sesshoumaru, GoneWithTheWind, gsk8, roo87, Shakuhachi, Sherlock Marple, SnowWhite, sweetener.

BRONZE with 45 points: cabres, CaroLiza-fan, elektra blue, Hyena, Jeanie19, lutz, Moxiejan, NYscorp6, purplecat,

All the Ladies scores are already in the scoresheet; please PM me if you see a mistake:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dM2cxvLcclTJUqLwLnrbrh7m-F1VAO4-Y0tFx34M-6E/edit?usp=sharing

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Hello everyone,

Ice Dance results are now put into the spreadsheet - A LOT of perfect scores, few 65 pts (due to switching 3rd place with 4th) and one score of 30 pts. Please let me know here or via PM If there's an error :):):)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My strategy of random selection worked great. Two gold medals! Two non-podiums, but OK.

That is MILES better than I've ever done when I tried to make intelligent choices with a few reasonable long shots thrown in.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone explain why I only got 65 points in men? I only had 3/4 switched so shouldn't I get 80 points and a silver medal?

1. Boyang JIN
2. Han YAN
3. He ZHANG
4. Yudong CHEN
5. Zhiming PENG
6. Juwen XU

cake

On the Ice
Can someone explain why I only got 65 points in men? I only had 3/4 switched so shouldn't I get 80 points and a silver medal?

1. Boyang JIN
2. Han YAN
3. He ZHANG
4. Yudong CHEN
5. Zhiming PENG
6. Juwen XU
You´re right. I made a mistake in copying your predictions :palmf:. Sorry and congrats to your medal! I will correct it.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
My strategy of random selection worked great. Two gold medals! Two non-podiums, but OK.

That is MILES better than I've ever done when I tried to make intelligent choices with a few reasonable long shots thrown in.
I want to agree with you. This is strange. And funny). I don't know much about North American skaters and I must honestly admit I know absolutely nothing about Chinese. :scratch2:(Well, maybe except for two names.) Nevertheless, it made me the leader at the moment. Amazing. :biggrin: However, I do not hope for success in the Rostelecom Cup, because my preferences will be on the side of my favorites, and this is a direct path to fiasco.:biggrin:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to everyone and thank you very much to the host and scorers!

Here are the overall winners for this event - awards are going out! Just remember that if you already have one, you won't get a second as they can't duplicate :) (i.e. if you already have a bronze, you can't get another bronze).

Alex65255Gold
CrazyKittenLady255Gold
Dreamer57255Gold
GoneWithTheWind255Gold
itofan255Gold
Roo87255Gold
Shakuhachi255Gold
Sherlock Marple250Silver
FayD245Bronze
GarthAqua245Bronze
Gia_Sesshoumaru245Bronze
gsk8245Bronze
Hyena245Bronze
Jeanie19245Bronze
purplecat245Bronze
SnowWhite245Bronze
sweetener245Bronze
YuBluByMe245Bronze

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting everybody know that I have put the podium positions tables for the Cup Of China up in the Hall Of Fame Thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2650066/

Just wondering - now that we have the ability to tag members in posts, would you prefer the names in the tables to be tags rather than just text?

When I was posting the Pairs results, I initially posted the names as text, but then edited it so that the names would be tags. However, I don't know if retro-editing tags in means that you get notified that you have been tagged.

So, could somebody let me know if they got a notification after I edited the Pairs results post?

The reason I ask is that, because I posted the Hall Of Fame tables at the start of the Game and am now editing the names in, there is not really much point making the names in the table into tags if you don't get notified.

CaroLiza_fan

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Congrats to everyone and thank you very much to the host and scorers!

Here are the overall winners for this event - awards are going out! Just remember that if you already have one, you won't get a second as they can't duplicate :) (i.e. if you already have a bronze, you can't get another bronze).
While I'm happy that you don't just give yourself platinum medals, I must point out that it's a real lost opportunity!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I want to agree with you. This is strange. And funny). I don't know much about North American skaters and I must honestly admit I know absolutely nothing about Chinese. :scratch2:(Well, maybe except for two names.) Nevertheless, it made me the leader at the moment. Amazing. :biggrin: However, I do not hope for success in the Rostelecom Cup, because my preferences will be on the side of my favorites, and this is a direct path to fiasco.:biggrin:
:ROFLMAO: I thought exactly the same. I know the top 2-3 North Americans in each discipline (more in men, less in dance) and next to nothing about most of the Chinese skaters and still I ended up in second place overall :scratch2: But now the pressure is really on for Rostelecom and I am in a conundrum whether to predict a win for my faves or for skaters with a realistic chance of actually winning (the two do not necessarily overlap).