2020 NHK Trophy: Entries & Pre-game Chat | Golden Skate

2020 NHK Trophy: Entries & Pre-game Chat

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow so Young You is the only international skater in the competition!

Does she train in Japan or are they allowing skates from Korea in?

In which case did Jun manage to get back to Canada? Or if he is in Korea did he feel unprepared to go?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am sooooo up for the ladies......but then its gonna be a long winter.......I may have to go through my self made skating DVDS.......even outdoor happy hour has been canceled.... go Kaori and everyone else!
whitedeathback.jpg

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Wow so Young You is the only international skater in the competition!

Does she train in Japan or are they allowing skates from Korea in?

In which case did Jun manage to get back to Canada? Or if he is in Korea did he feel unprepared to go?
Young and Junhwan are both in Korea, she's braving two weeks of quarantine back and forth to compete in Japan. Young was invited probably because her coach is Hamada Mie, if she didn't have a Japanese coach I doubt she'd have been invited, so Junhwan probably was never on the reserve invite list in the first place. Also speaking of my darling, he can't go to Canada because of both strict Canadian measures and the fact that the Ranking Competition, one of the two domestic competitions that decide the national team, is in less than a month.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
They're in Switzerland and will return to Japan for Nationals. Same for Koshiro Shimada. Satoko is still in Canada I believe, and she's also coming back for Nationals. The pair, Miura/Kihara, will probably only go to WC as pairs event at both Nats and NHK is cancelled, and they're also in Canada.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I don't know how to watch the event. ISU suddenly blocked the access to their Youtube stream for me and they simply do not answer any questions. There's neither local nor international TV channel that would buy/give access to watch this content and I don't know where can I address with this issue. :scratch2:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Peacocktv.com will be showing all the NHK events, but it is not free---there is a monthly charge

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I don't know how to watch the event. ISU suddenly blocked the access to their Youtube stream for me and they simply do not answer any questions. There's neither local nor international TV channel that would buy/give access to watch this content and I don't know where can I address with this issue. :scratch2:
I dont know anything about computers but folks download something called a VPN. (virtual private Network). This masks your computer so that youtube doesnt know what country you live in. Its kind of an add on to a browser.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Young and Junhwan are both in Korea, she's braving two weeks of quarantine back and forth to compete in Japan. Young was invited probably because her coach is Hamada Mie, if she didn't have a Japanese coach I doubt she'd have been invited, so Junhwan probably was never on the reserve invite list in the first place. Also speaking of my darling, he can't go to Canada because of both strict Canadian measures and the fact that the Ranking Competition, one of the two domestic competitions that decide the national team, is in less than a month.
I wonder what quarentine means in different countries? 1,000,000 Canadians can not drive their car or RV across the boarder to spend the winter in Florida or Arizona. But they can fly there and have their vehicles shipped. Dont know what the quarentine rules are....their bigger issue is health insurance. If they get covid here, the bill will be pricy if the normal travel insurance costs are out of sight now.....or even if anyone has one without a covid wavier.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I dont suppose anyone watched Japanese Jr Nats this week? I like this lady.

Check out Hana's 3A....
Check out the winner's artistry!

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So... it is a weird story, that starts with me buying cakes whenever Mozalev won medals last year, which turned into a lot of cakes. It happily continued into this year, until last weekend. So, given my obvious incompetence in picking medalists, my 14 yo decided to take matters into her own hands with NHK. On Rostelecom, she picked wrong (ah, Lebedev, because nobody picked him—no offence to the young skater, but I told her I would buy her a cake a week till Christmas if he medals).

anyway, after some lively negotiations, I promised her a cake for each NHK medal guess (3 in gentlemen and ladies and only one in ID for gold)

she started with consulting with her grandma. Grandma’s advice was to wait till Friday then convince me that those were her picks. Yes, grandma is the woman who gave birth to me & there is no changing her.

once that didn’t work out, the kiddo told me to hold on, she is doing the research. She tried a quick subterfuge (an innocent and casual, ‘hey, mom, who did you say would win?’) then, finally she sat down to do research. I did tell her how to read the ISU charts.

Shun Sato’s gold fish sidetracked her a bit, but here are her final picks. Not bad at al, I think, for someone who has no idea... I think it helps actually that there is no heart involved, just pure avarice, lol

Ice Dance for gold: Muramoto/Takahashi
Gentlemen: Kagiyama, Sato and Yamamoto
Ladies: Mihara, Sakomoto, You

So, how many cakes will that net her?

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Pre-competition practices-

Wakaba reportedly landed 3A in run-through:
3A 3Lz-3T 3S 3Lo 2A(aborted other jumps after landing the 2A) 3F-2T-2Lo 3Lz

Mai
3Lz-3T 2A 3F 3S 2A-3T 3Lz-2T-2Lo 3Lo

Mana's 3A attempt in run through had a step-out

Young
3A(landing messy) 3Lz-3T 3F 3Lo 3Lz-1Eu-3S(hand) 2A-3T 2A

Kaori
(no detail about how the layout went in the run through, only that there were no major mistake)
*In the post practice interview, Kao said that she changed the layout of her SP, by taking out the 3Lo and change that into 3Lz. Also the combination jump will be moved to the 2nd half of the program

*It is reported that Marin is returning to 'The Giving' as her SP (the program from last Oly season)

Adding: Kana and Dai in practice https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/cf8fe379d4b7b0ecc865115e2cc3eea7be35d7d3/images/000

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Kana & Dai news!

La Bayadere costumes:

https://twitter.com/kana_muramoto/status/1331864510903189505

news.yahoo.co.jp

【写真特集】アイスダンス転向の高橋大輔、デビュー戦へ向け調整 (アフロ) - Yahoo!ニュース

フィギュアスケートのアイスダンスに転向した高橋大輔が26日、GPシリーズ・NHK杯の公式練習に臨み、村元哉中とともに公式戦デビューへ向けて調整を行った。写真は、公式練習で調整する高橋大輔(右)と村元哉中。(写真:YUTAKA/アフロスポーツ) - Yahoo!ニュース(アフロ)
news.yahoo.co.jp
news.yahoo.co.jp

Practice footage. Dai does the straightline lift on one foot and transitions directly to the RoLi!

https://twitter.com/aiai12310/status/1331892853794979842
https://twitter.com/marcia_d1sk/status/1331896341690150912

xabia

On the Ice
Coyote Chris provided an option via VPN, but be careful of those that are free as they're not all safe. I don't know which country you live in but where I am the ISU channel is blocked this year because Eurosport have bought the broadcasting rights. So I've reluctantly taken out a subscription with Eurosport Player, even if I'll only be using it for 3 GPs and perhaps European and Worlds (after all they might be cancelled). However, someone provided a link at last week's Rostelecom Cup to Russian TV which was streaming on YouTube. I don't know how well it was streamed as I was on Eurosport, but you might be lucky this week if someone provides the Russian TV link for NHK.

xabia

On the Ice
Coyote Chris provided an option via VPN, but be careful of those that are free as they're not all safe. I don't know which country you live in but where I am the ISU channel is blocked this year because Eurosport have bought the broadcasting rights. So I've reluctantly taken out a subscription with Eurosport Player, even if I'll only be using it for 3 GPs and perhaps European and Worlds (after all they might be cancelled). However, someone provided a link at last week's Rostelecom Cup to Russian TV which was streaming on YouTube. I don't know how well it was streamed as I was on Eurosport, but you might be lucky this week if someone provides the Russian TV link for NHK.
There's also help on this link:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Kana & Dai news!

La Bayadere costumes:

https://twitter.com/kana_muramoto/status/1331864510903189505

news.yahoo.co.jp

【写真特集】アイスダンス転向の高橋大輔、デビュー戦へ向け調整 (アフロ) - Yahoo!ニュース

フィギュアスケートのアイスダンスに転向した高橋大輔が26日、GPシリーズ・NHK杯の公式練習に臨み、村元哉中とともに公式戦デビューへ向けて調整を行った。写真は、公式練習で調整する高橋大輔(右)と村元哉中。(写真:YUTAKA/アフロスポーツ) - Yahoo!ニュース(アフロ)
news.yahoo.co.jp
news.yahoo.co.jp

Practice footage. Dai does the straightline lift on one foot and transitions directly to the RoLi!

https://twitter.com/aiai12310/status/1331892853794979842
https://twitter.com/marcia_d1sk/status/1331896341690150912
Nice!

Also, grandma called me yesterday night in panic to inquire if, indeed, Kagiyama is going to win, rather than Tanaka. I advised her to wait till Friday.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Great to watch Japaneese skaters again. I haven't seen any performances from them this season. So I'm in for big surprises!

Also thinking of Rika, Shoma and Satoko training hard at their respective rinks. And still not being able to compete. This season is so :dbana:

Don't despair. The chineses stream worked well for me (and others I think) at Rostelecom. Maybe this is the one: http://live.qq.com/10012776 I'm sure someone will post the right one or another option when the competions start.