2020 NHK Trophy: Men's SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 NHK Trophy: Men's SP

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I stand by my feeling that a pop interrupts a program less than a fall.

How this would be reflected in scoring though, I don't know.

I wonder would judging be more consistent if the judges started with the maximum score and then deducted for mistakes rather than the way they do it now? Or would that be harder :scratch2:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just checked Kao Miura's music on his bio and I'm not feeling good, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I think we've all heard enough about "bubbles" during this pandemic, never mind hearing Mickey Bubbles! :p

CaroLiza_fan

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I had Kao in the top five in my predictions iirc :palmf: you know how I feel?

auser

Record Breaker
I stand by my feeling that a pop interrupts a program less than a fall.

How this would be reflected in scoring though, I don't know.

I wonder would judging be more consistent if the judges started with the maximum score and then deducted for mistakes rather than the way they do it now? Or would that be harder :scratch2:
Interesting ideas :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I like the puffy shirt.

Awww Romeo and Juliet :(

Apart from the obvious sad association I have, I'm missing Junliet!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Now that I know that he was born in Japan, I would guess that that is the case. And, given the Japanese surname, I would say that if he does have a foreign parent, it would be his Mum.

CaroLiza_fan
I'm speaking from a Korean point of view so it could be different from Japan, but here kids born from one foreign parent and one native parent usually have two names. For instance, there's an idol called Jeon Somi whose father is Dutch, her other name is Ennik Somi Douma (the former a Korean name with her mother's surname, the latter her Dutch name with her father's surname plus her Korean name as her middle name). She goes by Jeon Somi because it's easier to fit in and stuff, anonymoose's brother's family probably went that route too. So Honda Lucas Tsuyoshi could have a non-Japanese father and have a separate name (Lucas Dadsurname), but again since he has what is basically a hyphenated first name maybe not.