2020 NHK Trophy: Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 NHK Trophy: Rhythm Dance

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank goodness the stream has been behaving since skating started.

Impressive debut for Dai.

Have to admit, I was surprised to see that they are about the same height. I always imagined Dai as quite tall and Kana as quite short.

Nevertheless, they are well suited.

Still wish he was still competing in Singles, though. But, that's the fan in me.

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
Muramoto/Takahashi

Well after all the wait...

The costumes are uhm, interesting. He looks like he washed his pants and forgot to remove the highlighter.

Required Elements:

MLSS - nice sync and good edges. level 2, 2.32
Finn Step - Level 1, YNNT, .27 Yeah, they need to work on it. And of course that takes time and experience.
Partial Step level 2 for both, .96 goe Better than the Finnstep. But I can see why they got that level 2.
Twizzles - that second set was a bit bobbly. Level 4 for her, 3 for him. .73 goe
Ro Lift level 4, .61 goe I thought he'd have problems with this, but no. Yay Dai! You show 'em.

It's no joke. They're in it to win it. The Finn Step needs work and he did bobble that second set of twizzles. But his edge quality is quite good for someone transitioning from singles. And the two of them have that marvelous ability to PERFORM. Yes, yes, there is work to be done and the choreography is serviceable, but for a debut there is much to be proud of...
So great to see you WA. Thanks for your insights. Best holiday wishes to your family.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
It would be geoblocked (because of the Eurosport Player)

I think so because Eurosports is showing some of it and have the rights.

If you get the Opera browser you can set the VPN to India and you should be able to get the YouTube stream.

It is geoblocked for us. We need to use a VPN to watch it on the ISU YouTube channel.

I'm watching on the Eurosport Player, and the Ice Dance stream has coughed and spluttered a few times since I put it on. Has this been happening with anybody else?

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks everyone ^^ for replying and the suggestions helped me watch Dai! :clap: I'm so happy to see him again!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
While I'm no fan of La La Land that looked fine and nice, I think

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No I don't mind LaLaLand either and I love the Greatest Showman.

Can't get on board with Mako's music though!

Same here. 👍

I'm not so sure, Simon. Although Rikako and Oliver were good, I think Kana and Dai are going to hold onto the lead.

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Fukase/Cho

Another La La Land program. Oy.

Twizzles - second set out of sync. But serviceable Level for for both. 1.16 goe.
Finn Step - a bit small. Level 1, YNNT , .80 goe. Yeah, that's fair. It was small and lacked that everversence (even if I can't spell it)! Effervescence Thank you spellcheck!.
Partial SS - again, better than the finnstep. Level 2 for both, .72 goe
Diag SS level 2, .97 They need to skate closer together. That takes experience.
Ro Lift - level 4, 1.15. Nice speed and distance

They really need to skate closer together in hold. It makes a HUGE difference.

Well that was nice and it's nice to see some serious dance couples from Japan. But they need to work on rising above the level of "nice." They have the experience to go into first for now, but...

63.46 yeah, that's fair. They don't have the sparkle yet.