gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2020 Rostelecom Cup
Megasport Sport Palace
Nov. 20-22, 2020
Moscow, Russia​

The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series consists of six international senior invitational events and culminates with the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. However, due to COVID-19, the Final has been postponed for this season and no World standing or ranking points will be awarded in the Grand Prix events.
Note: In light of the pandemic, the usual selection criteria do not apply for the 2020-21 Grand Prix season. The competitors will be invited according to the following principles:
  • The top 6 Skaters/Teams from the ISU Grand Prix List are given priority to be selected for a Grand Prix event provided they reside/train in one of the Grand Prix Member countries, or have no travel restrictions to travel to a Grand Prix Member country in the nearby area.
  • The top 7-12 Skaters (for Ladies and Men), Top 7-10 Couples (for Pair Skating and Ice Dance) from the Grand Prix List are given second priority to be selected for a Grand Prix.
  • The top 24 Season's best and World Standings Skaters/Couples for season 2019/20 (not included in the above) will have third priority for selection.
  • The remaining entries will be from Skaters/Teams in the top 75 season's best list from 2019/20 and up to two Skaters/Teams from the Organizing Grand Prix Member (off list).
  • If there are no available Skaters/Teams left in the top 75, the Organizing Grand Prix Member may invite any other Skater training in the Organizing Grand Prix Member's country.

MaHa75

On the Ice
There is still one assigment available...intresting are they giving the chance someone who originally should compete in French GP?
I dont think they will give to Kihira because she have had her opportunity in Japan if she wanted. Who else in top 24 ranking...Schott, Paganini, Peltonen and Kiibus! Anyway...intresting!

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Why are there only 11 men and not 12?
The entry list isn't updated.

Ikrali Maysuradze was removed, but they hadn't updated it with his replacement (which was only announced today.)

~~~~~~~

Speaking of which:

- Pavliuchenko / Khyodkin out.
- Danielan out (ankle surgery), Evgeni Semenenko in.
- Artem Kovalev in (replacing Maysuradze).
- Anna Yanovskaya and Adam Luckas (HUN) in (replacing Kazakova / Reviya).

Last edited:

chooey

On the Ice
Country
Indonesia
20 November 2020
Men Short Program

Ice Dance Rhythm Dance

Pairs Short Program

Ladies Short Program

21 November 2020
Men Free Skating

Ice Dance Free Dance

Pairs Free Skating

Ladies Free Skating

22 November 2020
Exhibition Gala

pesto

On the Ice
I'm looking forward to this. You could, of course, have a very watchable competition comprised solely of wonderful Russian skaters, but they've managed to get a nice sprinkling of attractive skaters representing other countries, too.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
3 of my favourites already WDed 😭 but still there are plenty to look forward to :hap10: The depth of Russian field is amazing!

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Any information on a time schedule yet? If so, could it please be shown in Moscow time? It's easy enough to convert a time schedule if we know what city/country to convert from. Thank you (in advance) to whomever can help with this.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm looking forward to this. You could, of course, have a very watchable competition comprised solely of wonderful Russian skaters, but they've managed to get a nice sprinkling of attractive skaters representing other countries, too.
Agreed. The nice thing is that they've added skaters from other countries in all disciplines. I don't care where they will end up, but it's just nice to see some skaters from elsewhere in the mix.

MGstyle

Medalist
Any information on a time schedule yet? If so, could it please be shown in Moscow time? It's easy enough to convert a time schedule if we know what city/country to convert from. Thank you (in advance) to whomever can help with this.
The colour coded schedule is already out.
(all Moscow time)
Friday 20th:
13:30 Mens SP
15;30 Rythm Dance
18:00 Pairs SP
19:25 Ladies SP
Saturday
13:30 Mens FP
15:40 Free Dance
17:30 Pairs FP
19:10 Ladies FP
Sunday
15:00 Exhibition Gala

I was wondering whether the public will be allowed in?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks so much for this! I can never seem to read those colour coded schedules right.

Well it looks like I'll be able to catch the men, dancers and Gala easily enough, but not the ladies (unless I want to get up at like 4am). Bummer.

MGstyle

Medalist
Lots of people seem to have problems with the colour coded schedules, I never had any. The slot fully coloured in are all practice sessions, actual competitions are the slots mainly white, with only thin band of colours at the top and bottom of the respective slots. I hope this helps!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lots of people seem to have problems with the colour coded schedules, I never had any. The slot fully coloured in are all practice sessions, actual competitions are the slots mainly white, with only thin band of colours at the top and bottom of the respective slots. I hope this helps!
Oooooo that does make it easier! I thought the fully colours ones were the events! No wonder I was always confused! :laugh2:

Thanks for your help :biggrin:

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
(all Moscow time)
Friday 20th:
13:30 Mens SP
15;30 Rythm Dance
18:00 Pairs SP
19:25 Ladies SP
Saturday
13:30 Mens FP
15:40 Free Dance
17:30 Pairs FP
19:10 Ladies FP
Sunday
15:00 Exhibition Gala

I was wondering whether the public will be allowed in?
Thank you so much for this! Where IS that color-coded schedule hiding, anyway? I couldn't find it. I'll admit to not yet checking the ISU YouTube channel because I need to bother with my VPN for that--and didn't think I'd find it THERE. Always before, seems like someone has put a link directly to the pertinent color-coded schedule in a competition's general info thread. Guess I'm still trying to figure things out here.