2020 Rostelecom Cup: Ladies' FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020 Rostelecom Cup: Ladies' FS

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I was talking about the skater's decision.
Worse jumpers? Before this competition Sasha landed 3/4 quads and a step out 3A. One competition doesn't make her a worse jumper, and she has always had splatfests (even last season).
Kostornaia hasn't got her 3A back, and she didn't before she switched coaches.

Anyways, my thoughts on Rostelecom are that Tuktamysheva deserved to win. It would have been a nicer moment if the commentator (Chris) stopped blabbing on about Trusova during Kostornaia and Tuktamyshevas skates.

Kostornaia made a lot of mistakes on jumps (scratchy landings) which she got + GOE for. She also for +GOE (albeit lower level) when she made the major issue on the step sequence twizzle. I would have upped her PCS compared to Liza, but given significantly lower GOE.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Kostornaia made a lot of mistakes on jumps (scratchy landings) which she got + GOE for. She also for +GOE (albeit lower level) when she made the major issue on the step sequence twizzle. I would have upped her PCS compared to Liza, but given significantly lower GOE.

Alena looked rusty, and I think it will just be a matter of competing more to get the programs in better shape. I was ok with the PCS gap, mostly because I think it's normal for skaters with tough content to get a boost there. Without the 3A, Alena's jump content doesn't stand out from the international field.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was talking about the skater's decision.
Sasha's technique has gotten miles better, but okay.

Like most other posters, I am happy for Tuk's win and sad for Trusova's loss. I didn't like Tuk's skate; there was no emotion at all, and for someone who is supposed to be the golden girl for PCS in Russia, she wasn't that good at Rostelecom. When Sasha started to fall, she stopped presenting which has been a common theme in her skating from what we've seen. Tuk put out what was one of her best skates and Trusova put out one of her worst skates. I'm glad Trusova didn't get reputation score inflation.