2020 Rostelecom Cup: Ladies' SP | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2020 Rostelecom Cup: Ladies' SP

eterialskating

On the Ice
Trusova has reached Queen status with those PCS scores and her TES in LP I highly doubt anyone is going to catch up to her at least until Valieva arrives. Seriously 35+ for that. Kostornaia scored well. That's probably as good as it gets for this program. Another boring performance.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Press quotes are coming in:

fytong

Rinkside
Why do you think Sofia gets such low scores? She does not make any obvious errors, perhaps her jumps are too small and she gets low GOE?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Press quotes are coming in:

Heh, after the first two titles, basically figure skater Kostornaya doesn’t want to jump 3A just yet & figure skater Tuktamysheva doesn’t want to jump 4T just yet, I expected the last article to be entitled, “Meanwhile, the figure skater Trusova stated that she would jump 3A, 4T, 4S, 4F and... what was your question again?”

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Why do you think Sofia gets such low scores? She does not make any obvious errors, perhaps her jumps are too small and she gets low GOE?
I also have this question. But I noticed she lost points with the combination. She had a 3F! 3Tq(no clear edge)(T landed on the quarter. I didn't see any problem with the combi

rain

Record Breaker
I'm just trying to catch up, so haven't looked at protocols at all, but found some of the scoring made me side-eye. Samodurova got slammed, with no obvious errors. The poor girl from Belarus, who clearly deserved to be ahead of at least one of the lower-ranked Russians.

Thought Tuktamysheva has never looked so good. She's never going to be a natural artist, but I thought her posture looked improved, and she was clearly working on trying to hold some of her movements. Her costume is beautiful.

Kostornaia's costume is also beautiful. I have to confess, I'm not a Billie Eilish fan, so her music does nothing for me, but she clearly vibes with it.

Trusova was nowhere close on that triple axel attempt. I do see the work on trying to make her presentation look more polished, though she's not someone who responds to music. She does the choreography she's given, but you get the sense she doesn't hear the connection it should have with her music, and she doesn't intrinsically know how to connect one movement to another. A work in progress.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Bat?! Seriously? Never in forty years have I heard anyone refer to the Fledermaus in English. How.... curious.

And by sheer coincidence, 24 hours before this competition took place, I was watching "Oh... Rosalinda!!" (1955), a British film adaptation of "Die Fledermaus" where the story had been transported to post-war Allied occupied Vienna.

It was, erm, different...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm surprised how fast years passed... Galustyan might count as a veteran alongside Empress Liza among these skaters!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I still think of her as that 15 year old kid that did the EYOF and Euros in the same week in 2015. :p

To think of her as a veteran skater is scary, and makes me feel so old! 🧓

But, with the way this sport is nowadays, she is! 😞

was she always blond or am I thinking ofsomeone else?

Yes and no. When I first saw her, Nastya's hair was a dark shade of blonde (I assume this was her natural colour). But, for the past couple of seasons, she has had it dyed to a very light blonde.

To see what I mean, here are her programmes from those European Championships that I was talking about:

2015 European Championships SP
2015 European Championships FS

i wasn't expecting L.O.V.E.

She should have used the version by her fellow Moscow-born skater, Kristina Dubrovskaya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oZ60VmzTgI

Oh, how I would love to see somebody skate to it!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: