2020 Rostelecom Cup: Men's FS | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2020 Rostelecom Cup: Men's FS

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Kvitelashvili pretty much had the skate of his life here. But he rarely hits that second half 4T and he skated right through Puccini. Just right through it. Torgashev did the music justice last season.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations to all the skaters! Most of them did great job. Mikhail and Morisi were at another level. Some came short on expectations like Makar and Dmitry. Petr, Andrei and Ilya did very well considering it's their senior GP debut. Russian men seems to have a bright future in sport.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Off to walk with my dog before ID.

While I do I will be feeling very Je suis Malade. I'll probably stare sadly into fog or raise my fist at the sky or something equally dramatic.
Don't forget to howl and hopefully your dog will join in ;) Maximum drama!

Right I have to go-to bed right now and get some zzs in but I'll be back for the ladies!

Good luck to the dancers and pairs!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Kvitelashvili pretty much had the skate of his life here. But he rarely hits that second half 4T and he skated right through Puccini. Just right through it. Torgashev did the music justice last season.
Torgashev has good skating skills but he has serious challenges with jumps. Very different styles with Morissi.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I expected the final result to be closer than it was. I didn’t expect a 12 point gap in the free. The fall and deduction were what cost Morisi. The change to Georgia has been good for him. He seemed to struggle under the pressure of expectation in Russia, now he has none of that. He also seems to get good support in Team Eteri, when usually the older skaters are pushed out and forgotten.

I’m glad Kolyada won, it was an amazing skate. However that won’t be enough to win gold at Worlds with Chen & Hanyu about. He‘ll need some more quads to push closer to and over 300.

It was great event to show the depth of Russian men’s skating. They have a lot of talent in their ranks, it will be tough to make their National team for Euros and Worlds.

1111bm

Final Flight
To downgrade an half-turn... That's like he didn't even attempt the jump.
A Euler is not a half-turn, it's a full turn (BO edge to BI edge = full revolution, minus some normal pre-rotation).
If you land it forwards (and then do sort of a 3 turn to get to that BI edge), that's a half-turn, and might get downgraded if the TP notices the missing rotation.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Hands down, that was Kolyada's best performance yet. Shame that he popped the first 3A but he redeemed himself with the latter 3As. I am just so happy to see him skating his best and why not with a masterpiece FS?

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
A Euler is not a half-turn, it's a full turn (BO edge to BI edge = full revolution, minus some normal pre-rotation).
If you land it forwards (and then do sort of a 3 turn to get to that BI edge), that's a half-turn, and might get downgraded if the TP notices the missing rotation.
Thank you!
Funny how people who usually pay way more attention to Russian ladies than men are trying to nitpick Morisi's scores. He's neither Russian nor a lady.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Ilya. :clap:. Really good skate.
Agreed. Technically solid. I didn't feel that he really skated to Notredame de Paris, though. There wasn't much in the choreography if anything at all to suggest that he is skating to that soundtrack. Black was a good choice for the costume though.