2020 Rostelecom Cup: Pairs' SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2020 Rostelecom Cup: Pairs' SP

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
See you all in the ladies SP thread. This time I will not leave my computer so hopefully no more issues with wrongly converted time zones....

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I am really into this Mishina/Galliamov and Boikova/Kozlovskii rivalry that's developing.
I agree, these two pairs make for a very interesting rivalry and I think they can push each other to new heights. Hopefully it doesn't create too much friction that they are sharing the same coach.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Damnit, they took out the illusion exit to be on time yet they got a time violation... Without it it would've been 0.05 difference again, just like the 4th Cup event :dbana:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Also I wish that Sasha and Mitya could skate before Nastya and Sasha for their SP, I love The Star of Captivating Happiness and it saddens me that the vibrancy of La Esmeralda makes its gentle elegance look boring in comparison

Artemisa

Final Flight
M/G is happiness it's easy to like the program .. B/K is soul, is sadness (after watching the program it mix with me like I'm watching sadness on the ice) so at first sight you can think that is missing color but no ... when they master it this program will be glory

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moskvina can't be bothered with the mask lol. She survived WW2, communism and fall thereof, why would she be afraid of some COVID? 😂
Wearing a mask is as much, maybe more, about protecting others, not just yourself. Because anyone can be asymptomatic with covid, and not realize they're endangering others, and the molecules go into the air everyone around breathes. Having said that, I'm sad and angry that the US president is more responsible than anyone else for spreading the misconception that wearing a mask is about personal bravery.

And ... the great Tamara Moskvina survived the horrific St. Petersburg siege during WWII, when so many starved. I can never forget that about her, and wonder also if her growth was stunted as a result, since she was a child at the time.

I'm a great admirer of Moskvina, don't get me wrong. But it makes me cringe when I see anyone leaving their noses uncovered ... as though they think they're not going to be breathing through their noses (and spreading molecules).

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me why Tarasova and Morozov didn't compete today? Sorry, I've been AWOL from figure skating news. I missed them.

I really, really loved Boikova/Kos program. They have such wonderful synchronicity. I also really loved Mishina/Galliomov's skating today, they have such personality and such a great connection, although their SP is less to my personal taste.

What's particularly wonderful to me is to see Moskvina bringing out such contrasting moods and strengths in each pair. :love:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
At this point I am worried with that throw flip, they took out the cartwheel entry because of the landing issues and another stumble... :( :( :( And I know they were running a bit late but I wish they'd done the illusion spin exit for their SBS spins

That illusion exit was bad, why would you want them to include it? It was out of sync, and the posture don't match. Weren't you championing for bad illusion spins to die during men's? :p

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
good first outing in seniors! combo spins are everyone's nemesis today
They got most of their elements out ok (SBS a problem for sure) but I don't think the choreography and expression was cirque-esque. I found their lifts and entries into the lifts very ho hum. I actually preferred the Hungarians lift entries and overall artistry. The Hungarians had some technical problems but I would have put them ahead in artistry and yet they were behind by 3.5 points with a 9 point difference overall.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Wearing a mask is as much, maybe more, about protecting others, not just yourself. Because anyone can be asymptomatic with covid, and not realize they're endangering others, and the molecules go into the air everyone around breathes. Having said that, I'm sad and angry that the US president is more responsible than anyone else for spreading the misconception that wearing a mask is about personal bravery.

And ... the great Tamara Moskvina survived the horrific St. Petersburg siege during WWII, when so many starved. I can never forget that about her, and wonder also if her growth was stunted as a result, since she was a child at the time.

I'm a great admirer of Moskvina, don't get me wrong. But it makes me cringe when I see anyone leaving their noses uncovered ... as though they think they're not going to be breathing through their noses (and spreading molecules).
It's not just Moskvina not covering her nose. Several coaches are only half wearing their masks. If you don't wear your mask properly then there is no point in wearing the mask.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not just Moskvina not covering her nose. Several coaches are only half wearing their masks. If you don't wear your mask properly then there is no point in wearing the mask.
We agree completely! In fact, I'd said something in my post about a number of coaches not covering their noses, but I took that part out because I didn't want it to sound like I was singling out the Russian coaches. On a less serious (and to me, funny) note, it's actually not a very flattering look to wear a mask underneath the nose. Prime example: Plushenko.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That illusion exit was bad, why would you want them to include it? It was out of sync, and the posture don't match. Weren't you championing for bad illusion spins to die during men's? :p
I know it wasn't done in sync with matching postures, but the illusion spin itself fit the ending crescendo of the music. I want it to be included because when it's done right I think it's going to be glorious. And their illusion spin itself isn't too bad when compared to what the men are doing (that's why I want the trend to die with the men first), I don't expect gymnastics level of illusion spins in figure skating in the first place.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just reading through the thread after watching the segment, and just had to reply to this conversation.

Okay so I need a consensus on this, how do we feel about Apollinaria Panfilova's costume?

you know me, honey, what do you think i'm thinking? :LOL:

That she's gone out on the 11th Night to watch the bonfire, got completely drunk off her face, climbed a lamppost (ripping half her outfit off in the process), torn down the streamers, and wrapped them around herself.

Which has resulted in this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2LQjFqrF3/

And just to prove it, here is a photo of the streamers along the main street of my hometown:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/B4D45G/co...iles-long-201-km-and-135-feet-wide-B4D45G.jpg

(This photo was actually taken in 2008 because, as you can see, the main street is in the process of being resurfaced. But, the streamers are put up the same way every year).

Well, you did ask! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Oh. My. Goodness. Major faux pas from me. I just had another look at that photo, and realised that it is red and white streamers for the Tyrone Gaelic Football Team being in the 2008 All Ireland Final, rather than red, white and blue streamers for the Twelfth. :slink:
Well, I suppose it is more accurate, because the streamers that Apollinariia was wearing were red and white. It just messes up my story.​

Last edited: