2020 Santa Claus Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020 Santa Claus Cup

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No noticeable mistakes from Emilea. This is looking good!

SHE GOES INTO 3RD, JUST 2.1 BEHIND ELIŠKA!!! :jaw:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

:cheer: WELL DONE EMILEA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And since we're running late, I'm going to have to leave now. (I thought we would have got the Ladies finished before tea time). But I'll pause it and return to it after eating

I'll pop in and post the reminder for the Men at half past.

All the best to everybody that is still to come.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from the the Senior Ladies SP, we move onto what is due to be the final competition of today, the Senior Men's SP (I'm being cagey, because Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Márk MAGYAR appeared on the ice at the end of the day for an unscheduled Pairs competition during the Budapest Trophy). But, I am going to have to delay it because I am currently eating.

Here is the link to the livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amhujA3WUys

Here is the start order:

StN.​
Name​
Nation​
Warm-Up Group 1
1​
Alexander MASZLJANKO
HUN​
2​
Jiri BELOHRADSKY
CZE​
3​
Máté BÖRÖCZ
HUN​
4​
Iker OYARZÁBAL
ESP​
5​
Georgii RESHTENKO
CZE​
6​
András CSERNOCH
HUN​

And here is the live scoring:

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2020_2021/Santa/ISU/SEG068.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

scoty

Rinkside
Fun way to spent Thanksgiving here in the US :)

Lang is just beautiful! I've really enjoyed watching her this season.

I always like Toth's programs - I think she's very engaging and fun to watch. I'm afraid Lang is going to pass her very soon, though.

I like Brezinova's program and I hope she can get the jumps under her because I think this program could score very well.

Zingas was a real treat - she has some wonderful qualities! Pity on the axel. I'm surprised I've never heard of her - hope to see her at Euros and Worlds someday.

Can't wait for the free skate! Men are warming up now! :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Fun way to spent Thanksgiving here in the US :)

Oh, I didn't realise that was today. Happy Thanksgiving, then!

Ach, you should have joined in the conversation! I thought I was talking to myself all day! :laugh:

Lang is just beautiful! I've really enjoyed watching her this season.

I always like Toth's programs - I think she's very engaging and fun to watch. I'm afraid Lang is going to pass her very soon, though.

Totally agree with all your points here. But, given how inconsisten Ivett can be, I would be inclined to say that Julia has already overtaken her.

I like Brezinova's program and I hope she can get the jumps under her because I think this program could score very well.

I enjoyed it too. My word of caution, though, is that she did well in the SP at the Nebelhorn in September, but then had a disaster of a FS (to the extent that she even had FIVE points of deductions - 4 for falls and 1 for time :eek: ).

Hopefully she will hold it together tomorrow. When Eliška is on form, she is great. But, it has been a while since she had a run of form. So, hopefully she will this season.

Zingas was a real treat - she has some wonderful qualities! Pity on the axel. I'm surprised I've never heard of her - hope to see her at Euros and Worlds someday.

Emilea actually came up through the American system, and has had a LOT of success over there. For example, she was the runner up in Novice Nationals in 2018, behind Beverly Zhu.

But, now she is representing her ancestral homeland.

Can't wait for the free skate! Men are warming up now! :)

They are for me too! :laugh:

Well, they just finished. And the first skater has withdrawn. So, straight onto the older Bělohradský with... "Bohemian Rhapsody". (And, yes, he is from Bohemia. Would have been a bit awkward if he had been from Moravia, wouldn't it?)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Day 2 of the Santa Claus Cup is about to start with both Advanced Novice FS competitions (1 boy followed by 5 girls).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOz-Nh416yA

Here are the start orders (All 6 skaters in a single Warm-Up Group):

StN.​
Name​
Nation​
Current Rank​
Points​
Advanced Novice Men
1​
Aleksei VLASENKO
HUN​
1​
36.52​
Advanced Novice Ladies
1​
Flóra VARGHA
HUN​
5​
21.08​
2​
Brigitta VÁRNAGY
HUN​
4​
21.58​
3​
Nikola FOJTÍKOVÁ
CZE​
3​
25.18​
4​
Nahia OLAIZOLA
ESP​
2​
29.10​
5​
Léna EKKER
HUN​
1​
33.13​

And here are the live scoring links:

Men - http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2020_2021/Santa/ISU/SEG059.HTM
Ladies - http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2020_2021/Santa/ISU/SEG061.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Awww. The Hungarians have been taking tips from the Estonians!

When we came back to live pictures after seeing the highlights of Brigitta VÁRNAGY's FS, there sitting on the sofa were the coach, Brigitta, and Flóra VARGHA, who had been the first of the girls to skate.

It was actually quite appropriate that they were sitting so close together, because there was only half a point separating them after the SP!

I assume that since they have the same coach, that this isn't breaking any protocols. They would all be in the same bubble.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from the Novices, we move onto the Juniors. First up is the Junior Men's FS, which (like yesterday) will be followed immediately by Group 1 of the Junior Ladies FS (no resurfacing until after the first group of ladies).

Here is the start order:

StN.​
Name​
Nation​
Current Rank​
Points​
Warm-Up Group 1
1​
David SEDEJ
SLO​
2​
35.43​
2​
Mozes József BEREI
HUN​
1​
52.43​

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2020_2021/Santa/ISU/SEG063.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from the the Junior Men's FS, we move immediately onto the Junior Ladies FS (no resurfacing until after the first group of ladies).

Here is the start order:

StN.​
Name​
Nation​
Current Rank​
Points​
Warm-Up Group 1
1​
Jázmin SZABÓ
HUN​
13​
23.57​
2​
Zita TALABÉR
HUN​
12​
25.35​
3​
Lucija SIMON
CRO​
11​
25.68​
4​
Imola Mária SZAKÁCS
HUN​
10​
27.07​
Warm-Up Group 2
5​
Agáta BACOVÁ
SVK​
9​
29.88​
6​
Hana KOSIC
CRO​
8​
36.11​
7​
Manca KRMELJ
SLO​
7​
38.10​
8​
Katinka ZSEMBERY
HUN​
6​
39.19​
Warm-Up Group 3
9​
Elizabeth GOLDING
IRL​
5​
39.69​
10​
Dária ZSIRNOV
HUN​
4​
42.73​
11​
Lili KRIZSANOVSZKI
HUN​
3​
45.97​
12​
Cintia SZABÓ
HUN​
2​
46.84​
13​
Bernadett SZIGETI
HUN​
1​
52.27​

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2020_2021/Santa/ISU/SEG065.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
End of Group 2, and Hana Kosić is leading. But, if I take off my fan glasses and be totally honest, it wasn't a great skate from her.

In the first 2 thirds of the programme, she was skating to a slowed down, female cover of George Michael's "Faith". And it was in this part of the programme where things were going wrong. The most noticeable was that she had 2 falls (the first of which looked very heavy).

A thing I did like, though, was that she did a choreographed hand down on the line "Time to pick my heart up off the floor". Very clever!

Then, for the final third, it changed to the original version. And this change made all the difference. Hana came alive. And it made me realise that the slowed down music just didn't suit her.

Well, she's picked up a few places, due to the skaters directly ahead of her not having good skates either. But, hopefully, her climb will be temporarily halted now, because Elizabeth Golding is next! ;)

☘️ ALL THE BEST ELIZABETH!!! ☘️

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not a bad skate at all from Elizabeth.

For me, that should definitely have her stay ahead of Hana. And she does. She leads the FS by just under 1 point, and leads overall by 4.5 points.

In terms of climbing, I think that will depend on how the girls in front of her get on. Because, the gaps between the skaters after the SP are bigger from here on in.

☘️ WELL DONE ELIZABETH!!! ☘️

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, Elizabeth climbed one place. Dária ZSIRNOV, who was directly ahead of her, had a pretty disasterous skate (4 points in deductions!), and slipped behind both Elizabeth and Hana in the FS, and slotted in between them overall.

But, that was where the climbing ended. Because Lili KRIZSANOVSZKI then came out, and just blew everybody out of the competition. She took the lead from Elizabeth by 24.75 points in the FS alone, and by 31.03 overall. :jaw:

Suffice to say, Lili won the competition. The remaining 2 Hungarians slotted into the gap between her and Elizabeth.

But, hey, Elizabeth can take pride in being the top foreigner in the competition. It's not often an Irish skater can claim that honour!

Podium ceremonies for the Novice and Junior competitions starting now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from the the Junior Ladies FS, we move onto the Senior Ladies FS.

Here is the start order:

StN.​
Name​
Nation​
Current Rank​
Points​
Warm-Up Group 1
1​
Marilena KITROMILIS
CYP​
9​
38.11​
2​
Regina SCHERMANN
HUN​
8​
41.27​
3​
Antonina DUBININA
SRB​
7​
43.01​
4​
Nikola RYCHTARIKOVA
CZE​
6​
43.14​
Warm-Up Group 2
5​
Dasa GRM
SLO​
5​
47.49​
6​
Emilea ZINGAS
CYP​
4​
51.07​
7​
Eliska BREZINOVA
CZE​
3​
53.17​
8​
Ivett TÓTH
HUN​
2​
57.13​
9​
Júlia LÁNG
HUN​
1​
58.25​

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2020_2021/Santa/ISU/SEG067.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow, they really rattled through those podium ceremonies. But, I suppose it doesn't take long when it is just a case of get up on the podium, get presented with your medals, and then come off it again. No anthems or photos or anything.

The Advanced Novice Ladies podium was amusing. There was a lot of confusion, because the announcer called out the names in the wrong order.

Nikola FOJTÍKOVÁ (who finished 2nd) was the first skater whose name was called. So, she took her bows, and then started heading to the 2nd place step. But then some official ushered her towards the third place step, and she stood on it looking all confused.

Then Nahia OLAIZOLA (who finished 3rd) was called. And she was was thoroughly confused. She went over to Nikola on the 3rd place step and shook her hand they said a few words, and then Nikola went over to the 2nd place step and Nahia got onto the 3rd place step.

No confusion for Léna EKKER. She knew exactly where she was going! And she remembered to bump elbows with the other skaters rather than shake hands.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whoa, Marilena is starting already!

:cheer: ALL THE BEST MARILENA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was a good skate from Marilena! No noticeable mistakes.

I know I am biased, but I do fancy her chances of picking up a few places.

And she's happy with her scores! And so she should be! :biggrin:

She smashed her absolute PB for the FS by 11.62 points! :jaw: And her overall absolute PB by 5.8 points! 😲

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

:cheer: WELL DONE MARILENA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Going to have to leave now before Antonina gets her scores.

And I'm going to have techno tango music going stuck in my head all through tea time!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'll try my best to get the Ladies caught up this evening. Because I want to know how Emilea gets on.

But, I don't think I'll get the Men watched.

All the best to those that are still to skate.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from the the Senior Ladies FS, we move onto the final competition of today, the Senior Men's FS. But, I won't be watching LIVE.

Here is the start order:

StN.​
Name​
Nation​
Current Rank​
Points​
Warm-Up Group 1
1​
Georgii RESHTENKO
CZE​
5​
47.32​
2​
Máté BÖRÖCZ
HUN​
4​
49.80​
3​
Iker OYARZÁBAL
ESP​
3​
52.58​
4​
Jiri BELOHRADSKY
CZE​
2​
55.95​
5​
András CSERNOCH
HUN​
1​
62.94​

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2020_2021/Santa/ISU/SEG069.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

scoty

Rinkside
Omg - huge win for Zingas! I really thought they were going to give it to Lang. Huge day for CYP! I think we could see Zingas in the free skate at Euros.
Not the best day for Brezinova but definitely a better showing than Euros last year. Looking forward to seeing her’s and Toth’s programmes this season.

happy Thanksgiving leftovers day, everyone!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I managed to get the Senior Ladies FS watched tonight, and just had to comment.

Omg - huge win for Zingas! I really thought they were going to give it to Lang. Huge day for CYP! I think we could see Zingas in the free skate at Euros.

With the advantage she had from the SP, I am not surprised that Lang won overall. But, I am surprised that Zingas won the Free Skate. Delighted, but surprised.

Although I am a big fan of Emilea, I really do not like Billie Eilish's music. Consequently, I am not actually a big fan of Emilea's FS. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Júlia's FS.

So, when they both went clean, I fully expected Láng to get the nod for the FS. But, she didn't.

Although it would have been lovely for Emilea to win the Gold medal, to get the Silver was an amazing achievement. It was not just Emilea's first medal at an international competition, but it was the first time that Cyprus has won a medal in an international competition at Senior level.

She has done her homeland proud. And she will take them to places they have never been before. Such as Euros and Worlds.

Not the best day for Brezinova but definitely a better showing than Euros last year. Looking forward to seeing her’s and Toth’s programmes this season.

I felt so sorry for Eliška. It was going so well for most of the programme, and then it all fell apart towards the end. But, when you have been watching her for as long as I have, you are used to this sort of thing happening.

With Ivett, although she fell quite early on, and then had a lot of pops, I genuinely thought she would have enough in hand from the SP to stay ahead of Emilea. So, it did come as a shock when she slipped behind her in the overall.

Despite the issues, I was enjoying both their programmes. So, I am also looking forward to seeing them clean some time.

happy Thanksgiving leftovers day, everyone!

I'll try to remember to send a similar greeting to you in a month's time! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan