2020 Skate America: General Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America: General Info

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
When exactly is the men's and ladies' events? I can't seem to find any time schedule anywhere.

YagsFan

On the Ice
If you join the peacock streaming network-which I think has a free week. It's actually not a bad streaming service-at least for those of us that are older. Lots of old HItchcock movies, Masterpiece theater stuff etc. I find more to watch on this service than on Netflix. I think it is 4.99 a month? (after the free trial)
Hi:) I have a question about Peacock that maybe you can answer if you would. I am an old stick-in-the -mud who won't watch video of any kind on my computer, and especially not skating. So, do you know if I can watch Peacock on my TV? (Samsung Smart TV)
Thanks!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks! It would be nice of them to put up the minute by minute daily schedule but I doubt they will.

Here are the start orders with individual start times for each skater -- for SPs and SD:

ETA:

Start orders also have been added to Competition Central page:

Plus the Results page is up:

For those (like me) who are enjoying the audience cut-outs, here are a couple of articles from today:

ETA:
It also has been nice to see on social media that the skaters appreciate the fan cut-outs. :)

ETA:

I finally am remembering to mention that Joel Savary will be part of Ice Desk.
He is founder of Diversify Ice, and is Emmanuel's older brother and former coach.

Mirai, who is on the ground in Las Vegas, also will be part of Ice Desk.

Joel will participate remotely, as will host Rusty Kath.​

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I must say they are doing a good job putting on the practice on Peacock. Love the dog cutouts in the audience...kind of spooky seeing your friends' cutouts! LOL! (BTW, just give Chen the Gold now. :)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Attachments

• gpusa2020_IceDance_RD_TimeSchedule.pdf
    44.7 KB · Views: 36
  • gpusa2020_Ladies_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 41
  • gpusa2020_Men_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf
    44.5 KB · Views: 38
  • gpusa2020_Pairs_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf
    44.6 KB · Views: 29

Fireplace7890

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hi:) I have a question about Peacock that maybe you can answer if you would. I am an old stick-in-the -mud who won't watch video of any kind on my computer, and especially not skating. So, do you know if I can watch Peacock on my TV? (Samsung Smart TV)
Thanks!

I’m the same and from what I’m learning today (much to my surprise), the answer is no. The Peacock app can’t be downloaded on a Samsung Smart TV and NBC has even configured it so you can’t use screen mirroring on an iPhone to watch it on the tv.

This seems like a major flaw with Peacock. I was prepared to keep my subscription all season but if my only option is watching on my phone or iPad, I’ll cancel after the free trial.

If I’m wrong and there’s some workaround I’m missing, I’d appreciate being corrected.

katymay

Medalist
Thanks!
That is the knock against them. I believe you can if you have ROKU, perhaps Apple, but not firestick. (darn it). So I am stuck with watching on my computer.

YagsFan

On the Ice
I’m the same and from what I’m learning today (much to my surprise), the answer is no. The Peacock app can’t be downloaded on a Samsung Smart TV and NBC has even configured it so you can’t use screen mirroring on an iPhone to watch it on the tv.

This seems like a major flaw with Peacock. I was prepared to keep my subscription all season but if my only option is watching on my phone or iPad, I’ll cancel after the free trial.

If I’m wrong and there’s some workaround I’m missing, I’d appreciate being corrected.
THANK you so much for your quick answer, although I wish the info were far different! Does NBC have something against
Samsung, lol? I guess I'll have to be satisfied with whatever NBCSN and reg. NBC offers:(

lutzlover

On the Ice
Quick question about Peacock - can we rewatch the practices or are they only available to watch live? Thank you to the tech savvy person who answers this!

Carolla5501

On the Ice
OK, it’s probably a sign of how weird this year has been, but when I saw the figure skating on my television even if it’s just skaters practicing and skating around in circles I got tearful . It’s something semi-normal. I can’t even imagine how it feels for the skaters.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, it’s probably a sign of how weird this year has been, but when I saw the figure skating on my television even if it’s just skaters practicing and skating around in circles I got tearful . It’s something semi-normal. I can’t even imagine how it feels for the skaters.
Can I pick your brain please? Do you know how, and if it's possible to watch the practices that were shown today?

And I agree with you so much ... I am so happy just to see skating again. For the skaters, it's gotta be awesome.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pro tip for those worried about how to watch the competition on stream:

Don't worry about it. Our friends in the Goldenskate Canadian mafia will find a way.

Once I watched Canadian nationals via a lady using her phone to lifestream the computer sitting in her lap while she was in a recliner.

:rofl: