2020 Skate America: General Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America: General Info

katymay

Medalist
Can I pick your brain please? Do you know how, and if it's possible to watch the practices that were shown today?

And I agree with you so much ... I am so happy just to see skating again. For the skaters, it's gotta be awesome.
I don't think so-I'm not seeing an 'on demand' option-just upcoming practices tomorrow and the competition.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
For those who want to watch computer stuff on their television: if your computer is somewhere near the TV (or can be taken there), a cheap HDMI cable will do the trick.
Very easy to set up (plug and play), dirt cheap, and works wonders. :)
Correct. If you laptop has an HDMI output and has the wifi range to the router from the TV, you are in like Flint. That is what I would do except Lower level Rokus are very cheep. I use a Roku Streaming Stick +, model 3810x. $50. But if you already have the laptop and the cable, you can rock and roll.

sk8dc

On the Ice
Peacock question: can we watch competitions after the fact? I am not staying up past midnight to watch Rhythm Dance (dance is my favorite). Can we watch it the next day? Is there a trick to that?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Peacock question: can we watch competitions after the fact? I am not staying up past midnight to watch Rhythm Dance (dance is my favorite). Can we watch it the next day? Is there a trick to that?
As several people have mentioned up thread, none of us so far has been able to watch practices after the fact. As far as I know, we haven't figured out yet if the actual competitions will be available to re-watch. I really hope so.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there another place - thread ? - where folks are talking about the practices as we're viewing?

aliste

Rinkside
The USFS announcement (https://www.usfigureskating.org/new...am-figure-skating-programming-beginning-month) says "Peacock Premium will feature select live event coverage as well as on-demand replay coverage of figure skating throughout the season" (my emphasis). I guess this doesn't include practices. Hopefully the full competitions themselves will be available later.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Is there another place - thread ? - where folks are talking about the practices as we're viewing?
Probably not. I watched the ladies this morning....as my dogs said, "Ruff". There is a technical glitch ....a stream scramble....about every 5-10 minutes. Lasts for a second or two. In my professional opinion, there is an intermittant issue between the camera(s) and the uplink truck in the parking lot, but I dont think its a peacock issue. Lets hope they can find it before the comp. MFarone is seeing them also.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It has not happened that often to me, and I watched all day yesterday and have been watching all day so far. It happened a few times yesterday, but only a few, and has only happened once so far today to me.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The USFS announcement (https://www.usfigureskating.org/new...am-figure-skating-programming-beginning-month) says "Peacock Premium will feature select live event coverage as well as on-demand replay coverage of figure skating throughout the season" (my emphasis). I guess this doesn't include practices. Hopefully the full competitions themselves will be available later.
:thank: I am so happy to hear this. I can't stay up Saturday thru the free dances, and I really want to see them.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It has not happened that often to me, and I watched all day yesterday and have been watching all day so far. It happened a few times yesterday, but only a few, and has only happened once so far today to me.
OK, interesting...you did NOT see a glitch during Braddie's combo?????

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
OK, interesting...you did NOT see a glitch during Braddie's combo?????

That one I saw yes. I just haven't seen them every five to ten minutes like you were pointing out. I've only seen them a handful of times over the past day or two, not as often as you were saying.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Probably not. I watched the ladies this morning....as my dogs said, "Ruff". There is a technical glitch ....a stream scramble....about every 5-10 minutes. Lasts for a second or two. In my professional opinion, there is an intermittant issue between the camera(s) and the uplink truck in the parking lot, but I dont think its a peacock issue. Lets hope they can find it before the comp. MFarone is seeing them also.
Not really having any issue here. Maybe once all day

katymay

Medalist
I'm experiencing the same. I'm using a program to record from the computer so I thought that might be the issue. Guess not.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Strangely - I haven't had any glitches at all, and it's odd because our wi-fi is prone to them. We don't have lake-effect snow yet, only rain today, so I won't count my chickens prematurely.

teacher1

Spectator
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a practice discussion somewhere? Vincent had some hard falls. I was wondering if he may be recovering from injury. The peacock stream Is great. I will probably cancel after the free week since 5here isn’t an ap for the firestick or Samsung tv. Old laptop with cord is working great though. H

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a practice discussion somewhere? Vincent had some hard falls. I was wondering if he may be recovering from injury. The peacock stream Is great. I will probably cancel after the free week since 5here isn’t an ap for the firestick or Samsung tv. Old laptop with cord is working great though. H
I've looked everywhere I can think of and wracked my poor little brain, but this is the only discussion I've found. I don't know whether Vincent is recovering from something. But it sticks in my mind that he'll sometimes fall, pop etc. in practices, then be brilliant in the performance!