2020 Skate America: Pairs' FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America: Pairs' FS

Lissy

Medalist
There was absolutely no connection to the music. They could have skated to pretty much any piece of music and it wouldn't have made a difference. They are far too talented for that.

rain

Record Breaker
Calalang and Johnson need to address their side by sides. Do they land them in practice? I'd love to know. The throws look like they are probably mostly there. The lifts are spectacular, as is the twist.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Seriously was that clumsy choreography or did she have a balance issue? It looked like Jessica almost fell over on nothing.

rain

Record Breaker
I think Misha is doing ok with Chaplin, but Audrey seems to have the same expression no matter what music is playing.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I thought he was far worse of the two of them, totally stiff and cringey. But it wasn't a good look on either of them.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I’m sitting here wondering, if you were, say, Russian, and had seen nothing but Russian pairs skating, what you would think of the level of competition here.

Lissy

Medalist
We all knew Alexa was a badass because of her history of fighting but I want to remark about her overall strength. Imagine skating with the person you spend all your time with on the ice and off the ice and probably trust more than you trust yourself to then have to pivot to skating with a brand new person. Regardless of the previous friendship between Alexa and Brandon, the fact that they have gelled so quickly is incredible.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Grandma called, so I've missed most of this. Looks like it's going well though.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy-Renner.gif

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
A decisive win then, haha. For a moment I thought the fake audience would cheer!