2020 Skate America: Rhythm Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America: Rhythm Dance

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved that SD from H/D. Such a massive improvement over the Marilyn program.

The only bit I was not in love with was when Zach knelt and flipped Madi over his back. That looked a little contrived and gimmicky in a program that did not lack for genuine highlights. It's unnecessary, and really didn't add anything.

The Finnstep sequence right off the top was fantastic, and I really didn't imagine it would work with the music.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just caught up with Men, Pairs and Ice Dance (girl needs to sleep during the dead of night, dontcha know?) and can I just say, sitting here with a such a big smile on my face seeing that BeeGees program again by H/B. Made my day!

rain

Record Breaker
I think that has to be one of the best short dance performances Hawayek/Baker have had. I've never seen them look quite so clean and sharp. They're a few years into the Montreal coaching team and I suspect it's really starting to pay off, especially in Kaitlin's strength.

Carreira/Ponomarenko were better than Green/Parsons yesterday, definitely cleaner and smoother. But I can't help but feel much more interested in what G/P are going to do over time. I'll be very interested in the FD tonight. C/P came out ahead in both ISP challenges, but G/P have a better dance IMO.
I came here to say something similar. I agreed with the results between the two teams, but I can't help but kinda like G/P's performance better. I think this team has come so far, so fast, and have tons of potential. Also, I love Caroline Green's costume.

Was thrilled to see Hawayek and Baker just looking like they're in a whole different mindset this year. They look fit, prepared and more confident than ever. And I know not everyone likes their Saturday Night Fever RD, but I absolutely love it and think Hawayek shines in it. I thought they looked clearly a tier about C/P, which last year didn't seem guaranteed. I'm rooting for them.

That awful Marilyn program did nothing for H/D last season. Burlesque completely works. I think there's still room for some tweaks in the choreography, but overall, it's there. And I'll go against the grain and say I thought Madison's dress was totally appropriate for the material. Burlesque costumes tend towards the tacky end of the showbiz spectrum, and remember, in practice they're actually meant to mostly come off at some point, lol. But I thought the glitz of the gold was perfect. And Zach looked just like the love interest in the film. This music highlights all their best qualities — power, speed — while downplaying weaknesses like extension. Good choice

skatemd1

On the Ice
I came here to say something similar. I agreed with the results between the two teams, but I can't help but kinda like G/P's performance better. I think this team has come so far, so fast, and have tons of potential. Also, I love Caroline Green's costume.

Was thrilled to see Hawayek and Baker just looking like they're in a whole different mindset this year. They look fit, prepared and more confident than ever. And I know not everyone likes their Saturday Night Fever RD, but I absolutely love it and think Hawayek shines in it. I thought they looked clearly a tier about C/P, which last year didn't seem guaranteed. I'm rooting for them.

That awful Marilyn program did nothing for H/D last season. Burlesque completely works. I think there's still room for some tweaks in the choreography, but overall, it's there. And I'll go against the grain and say I thought Madison's dress was totally appropriate for the material. Burlesque costumes tend towards the tacky end of the showbiz spectrum, and remember, in practice they're actually meant to mostly come off at some point, lol. But I thought the glitz of the gold was perfect. And Zach looked just like the love interest in the film. This music highlights all their best qualities — power, speed — while downplaying weaknesses like extension. Good choice
I think Green/Parsons were actually better, faster, more interesting and cleaner, should have scored higher, but this seems to be a pattern with them being underscored.