2021-2022 Team China Update | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Team China Update

yqs100

On the Ice
Team China has started preparing for the 2022 olympics at home

Given current situation, looks like the team still can't travel, will mostly engage choreographers/ coaches abroad online.

- Sui/ Han, Peng/ Jin are working on the new programs
- Jin has been back in training
- Wang/ Liu, Chen/ Sun are training in beijing
- Zhu Yi is training in beijing now

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info! Do you know if Tang/Yang are still a team?

Weathergal

Medalist
Also wondering if there's talk about what Wang / Liu would return to Montreal for training. Also has Han Yan retired again?

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Also wondering if there's talk about what Wang / Liu would return to Montreal for training. Also has Han Yan retired again?

I don't think so. I remember seeing an article after Worlds saying that he was determined to fight for the Olympic spot, but I can't find it now! I do remember seeing it, though!

yqs100

On the Ice
Big news!
Coach Yao Bin now is the head of men, ladies and ice dance. Zhao is still in charge of Pairs…

key athletes’ new programs choreography are all done!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
China is has a decent shot at an Olympic medal in the team event. Admittedly in the past they have looked stronger in ladies and men. But they are moving up in dance and favored in pairs. The men had been hovering around the poidum but more recently have lost some of their lustre. It will be exciting with the olympics in Beijing.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Cannot wait to see Han Yan again; wonder what programs he will use this year. I adore both programs last year, City of Stars ….

yqs100

On the Ice
Cannot wait to see Han Yan again; wonder what programs he will use this year. I adore both programs last year, City of Stars ….
but only one spot for men.....shame yan may not be able to perform in the home olympics

yqs100

On the Ice
its sad that CoC is cancelled.

last week, there was an online event where junior skaters had their season debut.

Yang Yongchao got new partner, Zhang Siyang who just transferred from single to pairs. Look great, i think they got lots potential!