2021-22 ISU JGP events announced | Golden Skate

2021-22 ISU JGP events announced

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At its last meeting on October 16, 2020 the Council approved the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2021/22 as follows:
  • August 18-21, 2021 Courchevel / FRA
  • August 25-28, 2021 Edmonton / CAN (including Pair Skating)
  • September 1-4, 2021 Kosice / SVK (including Pair Skating)
  • September 15-18, 2021 Krasnoyarsk / RUS (including Pair Skating)
  • September 22-25, 2021 Ljubljana / SLO
  • September 29 - October 2, 2021 Gdansk / POL
  • October 6-9, 2021 Linz / AUT (including Pair Skating)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
At its last meeting on October 16, 2020 the Council approved the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2021/22 as follows:
  • August 18-21, 2021 Courchevel / FRA
  • August 25-28, 2021 Edmonton / CAN (including Pair Skating)
  • September 1-4, 2021 Kosice / SVK (including Pair Skating)
  • September 15-18, 2021 Krasnoyarsk / RUS (including Pair Skating)
  • September 22-25, 2021 Ljubljana / SLO
  • September 29 - October 2, 2021 Gdansk / POL
  • October 6-9, 2021 Linz / AUT (including Pair Skating)
I am really, really keeping my fingers crossed because between Edmonton JGP and Calgary’s JW, it’s totally awesome, but who knows when International travel becomes okay. If it goes ahead, I am absolutely going to Edmonton!

Novalis

Record Breaker
I am really, really keeping my fingers crossed because between Edmonton JGP and Calgary’s JW, it’s totally awesome, but who knows when International travel becomes okay. If it goes ahead, I am absolutely going to Edmonton!
I will go to some of those European places as well

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The ISU website now has the General Announcement for the 2021/22 JGP Series:

Not surprisingly:
"* As the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2021 were cancelled, results from the 2020 edition will be used" to determine the number of slots per federation per discipline.​

Also not surprisingly (emphasis not added), the document begins by saying:
First and foremost, the following information is subject to a timely normalization of the coronavirus situation allowing the safe organization of the ISU Junior Grand Prix events this Autumn. The ISU is closely monitoring the respective developments in consultation with the organizing ISU Members and with the expectation and hope that the situation will be restored to normal as quickly as possible. The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating events and Final will be subject to the local entry, travel and sanitary measures as well as subject to compliance with the ISU Guidelines for ISU Figure Skating Events during the Covid-19 pandemic (https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/covid-19) in place before and during the respective event. The ISU will inform ISU Members in case of any development or related decision."

Note: The first four JGP events actually are in late Summer (as opposed to "this Autumn," which to me sounds euphemistically further away).

(I do not recall that the General Announcement has been posted elsewhere on GS?
Today is the first time that I have seen it on the ISU site. I do not know how recently [or not] the ISU published it.)

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
(I do not recall that the General Announcement has been posted elsewhere on GS?
Today is the first time that I have seen it on the ISU site. I do not know how recently [or not] the ISU published it.)
It is in the ISU calendar of events for some time, I've incorporated it already into the initial comments when I started the new season threads for russian ladies/pairs.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It is in the ISU calendar of events for some time, I've incorporated it already into the initial comments when I started the new season threads for russian ladies/pairs.

But my post today is about something very different from merely the JGP schedule -- which was released in Oct 2020, as reflected in the OP of this thread.

In October, the ISU did not publish the full General Announcement document for the upcoming JGP season.
It typically does not publish the General Announcement document until many months after the JGP schedule is released.

The General Announcement for the JGP makes a reference to ISU Circular Letter No. 624 -- dated April 30 -- regarding the cancelled ISU Congress.
So the General Announcement for the upcoming JGP season was not published until at least April 30 or thereafter.

Last edited: