2021-22 Russian Nationals: Men's SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Men's SP

Lzbee

Final Flight
I'm rooting for Mozalev. That combo was light as a feather and he had some of the best upper body movement and glide.

Why Aliev 😭 why Kolyada 😭 a 2A at least would've been worth some points...

There was a skater that was super speedy that even Ted pointed it out. Speed really does make everything look better. Anyone happen to know who it was to save me going through it again?

Kolyada has the best spins by far although there was one guy with a really interesting catch foot position. I also really enjoyed Savosin's program 😀

I must say I don't think I understand men's scoring :rofl:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Some thoughts, while i'm finishing to watch all the programs here.

Erokhov overall was probably my favourite in this short program, he looked the most confident with the quads, good choice of music (as opposed to others here, lots of weird or cheap picks). I'd have had him in first place.

Lutfullin's 4s-3lo was the best combination of the short, big improvements for him too this season.

Mishin almost got first and second, if Kolyada had landed that 3a, he would have easily won the SP, instead he's in 5th now, but very close to the podium still. Semenenko, maybe the most reliable of the russians right now.

Ignatov is also still in the mix, we'll see in the free cause he showed during the Grand Prix that he can land his jumps.

I still don't understand all the russian hype towards Kondriatiuk: he's certainly a fighter, and a performer but also unpolished, PCS aren't as high for him outside of Russia, and they know it.

Overall judging was split on which skater to reward more, probably Moscow judges pushing their countryman while SPB judges doing the same for theirs.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Wow, those were some huge jumps from Makar!

I wonder, has the new blood arrived? Maybe they'll be no repeat Olympians for the Russian men.

But there's the FS still.
:eek:

Misha and Dima step up!

Misha I love your skating and your programs. There was a time I had hopes for you medaling at Beijing olympics... oh well.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
still don't understand all the russian hype towards Kondriatiuk: he's certainly a fighter, and a performer but also unpolished, PCS aren't as high for him outside of Russia, and they know it.
I was really surprised as well by his PCS, so my only guess is that maybe he stabilized 4Lz and they hope for him as a potential back-up 3rd for Oly team over Erokhov because of a slightly better international experience.

Last edited:

Artemisa

Final Flight
I think they were good in general.. not many falls or pops .. I think almost of them landed a 4.. but I'm a little worry I don't think Kolyada can miss the podium if he wants the olympic spot

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm rooting for Mozalev. That combo was light as a feather and he had some of the best upper body movement and glide.
😭 this program is just beautiful. Honestly, I dunno if I am bias or what, but I feel that he is is just getting more and more fluid in his movements with every year. I am hoping that tomorrow it will be just 4S, but the 4Ts and 3As will be there for him. Just hoping for top six for him.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed watching this comp live:tantrum: Mark got the best reaction he's like the most engaging one by far!
Andrey & his programm delighted me🥰😍🤩 I m even slowly getting over my love for his previous one 😬

Misha is as amazing as usual😍 I stopped caring about his mistakes. I just accepted him the way he is😊😊
Zhenia suddenly started being as reliable as last year, seems like he's recovering well from his injury 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
😭 this program is just beautiful. Honestly, I dunno if I am bias or what, but I feel that he is is just getting more and more fluid in his movements with every year. I am hoping that tomorrow it will be just 4S, but the 4Ts and 3As will be there for him. Just hoping for top six for him.
I love Mozalev. He has beautiful choreography and he has beautiful arm placement and is just a gorgeous skater to watch.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Gleb’s 4S 3Lo was the standout combo for me. It came out of nowhere. He is one to watch for the future. Didn’t think anybody from Mishin camp was capable of Loop combos.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I love Mozalev. He has beautiful choreography and he has beautiful arm placement and is just a gorgeous skater to watch.
I know! I was wondering if that last heartbeat in music is when he is supposed to put his hand over his heart in the final pose. Or if he places it right after waiting for the next one?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Dare I ask what the commentators said? I'm always curious about this.
Complimentary, noting how young he is. that despite being used to seeing quads in short, they emphasized that Sarnovsky only competed in juniors, and quads are not included even in junior men’s short programs. They also said that the theme of Beatles’ song he skating to is about being seen, and that’s what Sarnovsky is doing at this championship, announcing his arrival.

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some Men SP

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Guys, anyone has Mozalev’s short? Channel 1 has two of his free skates—and I know, it’s heartachingly beautiful and all—but my collection and OCD demands that I download his short.