2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 139 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Why does Adeliia keep getting levels docked on her Stsq and spins?
On the StSq, my guess would be that she's not rotating in one direction enough. I see she's constantly rotating counterclockwise, the only rotations she did clockwise were one twizzle and one loop, for a total of 4 revolutions whereas she did over 10 in the other direction.

florin

Rinkside
Adelia got a level 3 step sequence at every major competition in Russia last season, in both the SP and FS. Both Russian Cup events she did, Junior Nationals and the Junior Russian Cup Final. So no, there's nothing weird about her getting level 3s steps.
Unconvincing. As a rule, sequences are evaluated quite strictly at Russian junior competitions. For example, at Junior Russian Cup Final in SP none of the girls had a StSq4, and Adelya had StSq3 as Akatieva and Samodelkina.

macy

Record Breaker
On the combination spin i noticed the entrance is not great, could be considered as lack of balance, she got level 4 for that here while it was 3 at the previous jgp (could be also missing rotation in one variations) while in the layback she probably didn't keep one of the variations steady.

Like the speed might be the best but it isn't kept throughout, in the biellmann variation particularly she loses momentum. It happened last year at Junior Nationals in the SP btw.

As for the stsq clearly judges want to see some movement or more turns she isn't doing, cause it is consistently called level 3 and i believe it was like that in Russia too last season. Again could be also losing level due to lack of balance in some movement, but because it is consistently called level 3 it makes me believe she is missing something.
looks like she only lost levels on the step sequence and layback. i have no idea how footwork is scored but i could tell she didn't hold her beillman long enough to earn a level 4.

samkrut@mail.ru

Medalist
Record Breaker
For the second consecutive competition, I am asking the same answer and I do not find an answer. Adelya is my favorite, and maybe I'm biased, but I have a suspicion that she is deliberately underestimated in order to reduce competition in the final and give a chance to squeeze in not only Russian figure skaters.
There are no hard evidence for that. There is just my long time opinion is that the whole level business for spins and especially step sequence is dubious to put it mildly. And all ideas to increase BV for them have to remain just ideas.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Remember Agneta Latushkina from Ioshkar-Ola, who used to only have temporary sessions with coaches in other cities, didn’t have a proper coach and would go to competitions all alone?
She finally has a coach, she’ll join Rukavitsyn’s team!
She showed very impressive performances and good scores without a coach, I’m sure she’ll do even better now that she has one. I’m happy it worked out for her!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Remember Agneta Latushkina from Ioshkar-Ola, who used to only have temporary sessions with coaches in other cities, didn’t have a proper coach and would go to competitions all alone?
She finally has a coach, she’ll join Rukavitsyn’s team!
She showed very impressive performances and good scores without a coach, I’m sure she’ll do even better now that she has one. I’m happy it worked out for her!
I'm so happy about her having a coach. She is a delightful skater.:yahoo: