2021-22 US Ice Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2021-22 US Ice Dance

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Cross-posting from the "Ukrainian skaters: Support thread":

Vadym Kolesnik's family in Ukraine has lost their business. :(

If anyone would like to donate to the GoFundMe in support of Vadym (in Novi) and his family (in Kharkiv), please see the link within Mirai Nagasu's tweet this morning. :pray: She starts by saying,

"Hi guys, Please spread the word about Vadym whose skating is feeling the impact of what’s happening in Ukraine
♥️
..."

https://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/1503743161973231616 (Mar 15)​

The name of the GoFundMe page is, "Help Support Ukrainian Figure Skater and Family."
Emilea Zingas is the organizer, and her words there are worth reading in entirety.

(I do not think GS guidelines allow the direct link to the GoFundMe to be posted in this thread.
I would be happy to send the direct link to anyone via PM, if necessary.
Mods, I hope that this post does conform to GS guidelines.)​

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Molly Cesanek/Yehor Yehorov, who finished 9th at US Nationals this year and 5th last year, just announced their move to the Michigan Ice Dance Academy with Charlie White, Tanith Belbin White, and Greg Zuerlein. Greg coached them for a year last year while he was coaching with Wheaton, so they're following a similar trajectory to Ian Somerville, who was also coached by Greg at Wheaton before following Greg back to Michigan.

I wonder if we will see any other American dance teams attempt to go for the switch. I personally feel that Pate/Bye might benefit, since they're already training in Michigan, and it doesn't feel like they've ever been the top priority for Igor.
I could see in a few years Charlie and Tanith's training center becoming the dominate ice dance camp in the world. I'm just glad their more choices now for teams then just going to Montreal.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oona and Gage Brown look ahead to this week's Junior Worlds (and to next season) in a new article by @clairecloutier:

(Apr 11)​

Good luck to the Browns and all of Team USA 🇺🇸 at Junior Worlds. 👏

Thanks to Claire for the article.

Speaking of Oona and Gage ... I'm excited for them that in May they will perform live in the presence of Torvill and Dean :pray: -- if I am putting two and two together correctly?
The Browns once again will be performing in Ice Theatre of New York's home season shows.
Torvill and Dean are honorees at this year's ITNY benefit gala, which I assume would mean that they will attend in person at Chelsea Piers. One of the home season shows is part of the gala evening.
So ... I think Oona and Gage will get to meet Jayne and Chris?!? 🎉

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oona and Gage Brown look ahead to this week's Junior Worlds (and to next season) in a new article by @clairecloutier:

(Apr 11)​

Good luck to the Browns and all of Team USA 🇺🇸 at Junior Worlds. 👏

Thanks to Claire for the article.

Speaking of Oona and Gage ... I'm excited for them that in May they will perform live in the presence of Torvill and Dean :pray: -- if I am putting two and two together correctly?
The Browns once again will be performing in Ice Theatre of New York's home season shows.
Torvill and Dean are honorees at this year's ITNY benefit gala, which I assume would mean that they will attend in person at Chelsea Piers. One of the home season shows is part of the gala evening.
So ... I think Oona and Gage will get to meet Jayne and Chris?!? 🎉
This is all very exciting!!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
GPF assignments should be out today. A new season thread is needed. I'm surprised there hasn't been one started already to discuss the Diana Davis/ Gleb Smokin developments.

ZeldaJo21

Rinkside
GPF assignments should be out today. A new season thread is needed. I'm surprised there hasn't been one started already to discuss the Diana Davis/ Gleb Smokin developments.
I’m passed ready for the new GPF assignments………bring it on!!! Also curious to see where Green/Parsons have gone to.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I’m passed ready for the new GPF assignments………bring it on!!! Also curious to see where Green/Parsons have gone to.
I saw earlier today in the GP thread in Edge that the assignments have been postponed now until mid-July because the ISU is still trying to find a venue to replace CoC. The pandemic continues to have far-reaching consequences on the sport's operations and the athletes' careers. :(