2021 Asian Open: Women's Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021 Asian Open: Women's Short Program

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The judges just announced that Tzu-Han becomes the first skater to receive +10 for being an adorable ray of sunshine
I’ll allow this. But I’m only conceding one, and only one, ray. Since I’m a nice person. So don’t try to take any more rays. Haha

The rest of it is Kaori. She is a bundle of sunshine and we aren’t sharing anymore of her sunshine with anyone.

Yes, Kaori fans are greedy. We don’t hide that fact. Haha

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Again, the Speed Skating streams (I think) were up. But I guess China just doesn't care about FS.
This being an Olympic test event, you would think that they would want to test the streaming and TV infrastructure.

We can blame the Chinese federation a little, but most of the blame should go to the forum. Nobody went in to film it like I asked. Forum disappointed this time. Haha

Skatesocs

Final Flight
This being an Olympic test event, you would think that they would want to test the streaming and TV infrastructure.
Yeah, but they did though. Again, I'm pretty sure they did live stream the speed skating (people are free to correct me) - so there's no real point to do it with the FS, anymore, I guess. Not excusing it though, they still should have.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It's kind of funny, so far the videos we got to see were shoot from very far away, e.g. most of them taken by fan-cam and not close-up shots. As I'm reading from other sources (both weibo and twitter), there should be video staffs on-site to record the whole competition. But it seems that they can not 'edit' the video on-site, so they're waiting to do some post-editing works? and to publish the videos later on (which I don't know where the videos will be).

Well...we don't really want the edited videos (like in high tech or the 5G signals what-so-ever from your test run onsite!), we just want the simple videos in the real time.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, but they did though. Again, I'm pretty sure they did live stream the speed skating (people are free to correct me) - so there's no real point to do it with the FS, anymore, I guess. Not excusing it though, they still should have.
That is a good explanation.

Nothing against sped skating either. I like that sport as well. Even more so short track since those races are chaotic, physical and unpredictable.

Coleus59

Spectator
It might have to due with the steam being blocked; there certain countries, and it has to due copy right law's; I'm in the US, Philadelphia and unless you're paying for cable (but I doubt the Asian Open is even being covered. For Finland is you had to, Luckily Jackie Wong at Rocker Skating was able to post it stuff and even had videos. I may have to go to his house site on Instagram, but keep checking here, maybe someone here might have something.
I can't believe there's no stream! This is on at a great time for me but I can't see them?

Whyyyyy? sss

Coleus59

Spectator
It might have to due with the steam being blocked; there certain countries, and it has to due copy right law's; I'm in the US, Philadelphia and unless you're paying for cable (but I doubt the Asian Open is even being covered. For Finland is you had to, Luckily Jackie Wong at Rocker Skating was able to post it stuff and even had videos. I may have to go to his house site on Instagram, but keep checking here, maybe someone here might have something.
I meant to say Finland is you could pay for the stream

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
12 hours later and no sign of Kaori’s skate.

The forum let me down. No other way to say it. Someone has to make it up to me. Haha

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The posters on this page are using interesting terms. I have seen 7Z 7lo etc. Just some odd terms. There is no way skaters are doing 7 or even five rotations. The Japanese are dominiating here as expected. Mai is making a case for herself for the olympics. The more we see of the Japanese ladies I think Satoko M is done. Great sp by Kaori here