2021 Autumn Classic International: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Autumn Classic International: General Info

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It will be good to see all these pairs. I'm really looking forward to this event! Hopefully there is a good live stream.
i don't see why there wouldn't be a good livestream as they did it for championnats which was also in Pierrefonds. Considering the event is without fans, (latest news I have is no tickets.... ) then, it is even more likely there will be a good livestream

Andrea82

Medalist
Pulkinen has withdrawn from the Men event. Phan too. Two more Canadians have been added: Samuel Angers and Beres Clements.
However, now the Men field is all Canadians, meaning it won't count as International competition.

On the other hand, Pair field is increasing. Cain/LeDuc and McBeath/Bartholomay now added.

I still think ISU should work more with organisers to harmonise the schedule through the season. There are 3 non-invitational Single events held in North America during the whole season. And 2 out of 3 take place in the same week. It also gives less opportunities to second/third tier skaters based in NA who have less opportunities to compete internationally without flying to Europe.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pulkinen has withdrawn from the Men event. Phan too. Two more Canadians have been added: Samuel Angers and Beres Clements.
However, now the Men field is all Canadians, meaning it won't count as International competition.

On the other hand, Pair field is increasing. Cain/LeDuc and McBeath/Bartholomay now added.

I still think ISU should work more with organisers to harmonise the schedule through the season. There are 3 non-invitational Single events held in North America during the whole season. And 2 out of 3 take place in the same week. It also gives less opportunities to second/third tier skaters based in NA who have less opportunities to compete internationally without flying to Europe.
I think it will interesting to see how Cain/LeDuc match up with most of the best Canadian pairs.

The men's field has been decimated, and that's too bad. I wish we could get some lower ranked US men there... it would give them some experience and exposure without travel to Europe. It wouldn't be the same for the event as sending USA top guns, but it would give the event at least a full flight of men.

auser

Record Breaker
i don't see why there wouldn't be a good livestream as they did it for championnats which was also in Pierrefonds. Considering the event is without fans, (latest news I have is no tickets.... ) then, it is even more likely there will be a good livestream
I think Autumn Classic was previously livestreamed via Dailymotion.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They really should have just made the US Classic the Challenger event if Canada can't even get an international field. Canada's inability to hold international figure skating competitions since the pandemic was well know when they handed out which events were going to be part of the Challenger series.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They really should have just made the US Classic the Challenger event if Canada can't even get an international field. Canada's inability to hold international figure skating competitions since the pandemic was well know when they handed out which events were going to be part of the Challenger series.
I do not believe one moment that Canada's inability to hold international figure skating competitions is a factor here... One could mention skaters from countries like Japan who do not travel at this point and are usually fixtures of ACI. I believe it is the same with the Australians who are also often competing in Canada. I have been to ACI many times and I can tell you that other than in men, the field is comparable to other years.

The borders are open to vaccinated tourists, as of last week, and athletes have had an exemption for the quite some time... The reality is that Nebelhorn is just around the corner and some athletes have to compete there. For instance Vincent Zhou and Roman Sadovsky may have competed at ACI if they didn't have to go to Nebelhorn. In an Olympic year, with risks associated to travels, I am sure that many athletes and coaches prefer focusing on training rather than competing so early in the season. I mean, there are Canadian skaters who have withdrawn as well, including Joseph Phan who often competes in Quebec when he can. The US Classic would probably have suffered the same lack of attendance from Japanese and many other skaters. I think that it's time to drop some of these negative comments about Skate Canada and Canada.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The event starts in just a few days, you'd think the schedule would been have posted by now.
Worst case, you’ll find out once they hit the ice for short program warmups. Unfortunately for them, they have to reveal the names at that point. Haha

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We do know the names of the competitors, but we have no idea of the start day/time and order of each event.

Problem is, this competition directly conflicts with the US International event, so it's impossible to plan any kind of watching without knowing both schedules. The schedule in the Announcement isn't reliable because there have been so many withdrawals in all the disciplines.

There are US skaters in all the disciplines except Men, and I would like to be able to see how they do.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Will the AC skates be available in videos after the event? I think they have been in past years.

I'm very invested in this competition ... but I have Real-Life duties and pleasures that I need to plan around the competition's livestreams. I need that schedule! Don't know if that will work completely, so I need a good back-up.

Country
Russia
ISU CS Autumn Classic International 2021

Men
No. Name Nation Score
1 Nam NGUYEN CAN 262.77
2 Conrad ORZEL CAN 214.98
3 Bennet TOMAN CAN 208.19
4 Beres CLEMENTS CAN 176.77
5 Samuel ANGERS CAN 151.69*
(no CS compettion needing at least 8 skaters of 4 ISU Members)

Women
No. Name Nation Score
1 Young YOU KOR 223.23
2 Karen CHEN USA 208.63
3 Gabrielle DALEMAN CAN 192.67
4 Shan LIN CHN 181.21
5 Starr ANDREWS USA 181.18
6 Seoyeon JI KOR 179.23
7 Alison SCHUMACHER CAN 174.02
8 Emily BAUSBACK CAN 172.48
9 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 166.77
10 Siwon LEE KOR 142.73
11 Jenny SHYU TPE 134.80
12 Joelle Peijen LIN TPE 131.97*
13 Marilena KITROMILIS CYP 116.30

Pairs
No. Name Nation Score
8 Ashley CAIN-GRIBBLE / Timothy LEDUC USA 205.58
6 Riku MIURA / Ryuichi KIHARA JPN 196.65
5 Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD CAN 177.58
9 Katie MCBEATH / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA 157.74*
3 Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND CAN 156.74
7 Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN SUI 136.91

- Chloe CHOINARD / Livio MAYR AUT -
- Vanessa JAMES / Eric RADFORD CAN -
- Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN -

Ice Dance
No. Name Nation Score
1 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 214.35
2 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 196.75
3 Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA CAN 192.11
4 Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP 191.01
5 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA 187.10
6 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN 181.39
7 Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER CAN 164.27
8 Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN CHN 162.91

- Charlotte LAFOND-FOURNIER / Richard Kang In KAM NZL -

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are those scores current? Gabby Daleman's 192.67 was from Worlds 2019, 2.5 years ago. She hasn't scored anywhere near that since then.

Andrea82

Medalist
Schedule

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
14:10
SENIOR PAIR SHORT PROGRAM
16:20
SENIOR WOMEN SHORT PROGRAM

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
13:00
SENIOR MEN SHORT PROGRAM
14:00
SENIOR ICE DANCE RHYTHM DANCE
15:45
SENIOR PAIRS FREE PROGRAM
18:15
SENIOR WOMEN FREE PROGRAM

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
11:00
SENIOR MEN FREE PROGRAM
12:30
SENIOR ICE DANCE FREE DANCE

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Still no withdrawal by the Chinese teams, but I.A.M. hasn't said a thing about them returning to Canada.