2021 Budapest Trophy | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2021 Budapest Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh. They were testing graphics when the live pictures came back. We had a name banner graphic, and a TES Box.

The TES Box was massive, mind you.

By the way, because of the withdrawal of Milla Ruud REITAN / Nikita REMESHEVSKIY (who were due to start second), we have 2 partnerships in Group 1 and 4 partnerships in the Group 2.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think they are having technical difficulties. Because they took away the logo tile momentarily, and we had a picture that was seriously breaking up. And they brought the logo tile back up very quickly.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The live pictures are back, and we have skaters waiting at the boards.

Yep, they have just been sent out to do their Warm-Up, and the judges are now being introduced.

So, we haven't missed anything.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I LOVED that from Polina KOCHERYGINA / Evgenii ARTIUSHCHENKO!!!

Roxette's "Listen To Your Heart" into Boney M's "Daddy Cool" is a strange combination that I would never have thought of putting together, but it worked.

It was such a fun and enjoyable programme.

And they looked like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves.

I hope they stay in the lead for a good while!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And the next partnership had an even stranger combination of music, and it didn't work at all.

I really enjoyed the music in the middle (I was convinced it was Amy Winehouse, but it was actually Laura Mvula). But, I hated the rest of it. Such an awful cover of what is a half decent song.

Hadn't seen these two before, but they weren't bad.

All in all, I preferred the other Russians.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. The Straub siblings aren't getting much of a break. They were doing the Junior GP in Linz a few days ago! :drama:

Well, they scored about 3 points higher than they did at the weekend. So, the quick turnaround hasn't hampered them.

(Yes, I know they are around 20 points behind the Russians. But, that was to be expected).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! It was bad enough hearing that racket with the last set of Russians, never mind hearing it again with this set! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Again, it was paired up with a song that I actually enjoyed. A soul version of Britney Spears' "Toxic". I don't know who was singing it, but she had a good voice!

Enjoyed the skating, though. Although, I kept worrying that Nikita was going to get whacked by Olga's hair. :laugh:

Never seen these two before. But, I think I like them.

They are very smiley. They can't stop!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The scores are taking a VERY long time. They ended up putting on another set of highlights to pass the time.

Into 3rd, about 5 points below their compatriots.

Now to finish, two sets of Hungarian siblings.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Petra CSIKÓS / Patrik CSIKÓS. What can I say?

Weird music. Sub Urban's "Welcome To Our Freak Show, Come Meet My Monsters" into Billie Eilish's "Buy Guy".

Hadn't heard the first song before, and heard the second song too many times! :laugh:

That said, it was an enjoyable programme to watch. And they were getting into it.

Don't think this set of siblings have done an ISU sanctioned competition yet. But, I hope they do soon. Because they are good.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Réka LEVELES / Balázs LEVELES.

They may not be twins, but they fell almost in unison on their first element!

Other than that, not bad.

They looked disappointed when they finished, though. And, even though they put on a smile for the camera, they still do when waiting for the score.

Into last position. But, there's still tomorrow. There is not even 3 points covering the 3 sibling partnerships in 4th to 6th.

So, plenty to play for!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And we finish the day (very behind schedule!) with the Senior Dancers.

Livestream for the Senior Short Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream (starts at 3h 41m 10s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dV191XFFGs&t=13270

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/BT2021/BT2021_IDSenior_RD_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/BT2021/SEG022.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm here for the Senior Ice Dance - two of our skating coaches for (beginners skaters) are competing (Eleanor Hirst and Anthony Currie) - we're very lucky having them as teachers in our Skate UK classes in Sheffield.

Wow! All the best to them!

Because we're running way behind schedule, I think they will be the last ones I see before I break away for tea-time.

CaroLiza_fan

Kathy1

On the Ice
This first Russian team has garments that look like they were bought off the rack at Zara and embellished with strips of newspaper. It's a very unattractive look but their performance transcended it.