2021 Cranberry Cup International | Golden Skate

2021 Cranberry Cup International

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Cranberry Cup International—a new Senior B event—is slated to take place Aug 12-15, 2021, at the Skating Club of Boston’s ice facility in Norwood, Mass., with the ladies’, men’s and pairs’ discipline competing (Junior and Senior).

COVID-19 Event Policy

• All attendees are required to wear a face mask (no gators or bandannas) that fully and securely covers their nose and mouth at all times while in the Club facility. This is for your protection and for the protection of others.
  • At their option, skaters may remove their face mask while on the ice. This applies to both practice and competition.
  • Attendees may be asked to complete the Club’s health questionnaire before entering the facility. This would be required should it be necessary to contact individuals who have been in the facility at any given time.
  • These policies apply to everyone, regardless of their vaccination status.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Registrations closed at midnight. When should we be able to see who entered?

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The original announcement said they would make a decision about spectators on July 15th, but there hasn't been anything added to the website. I emailed them to ask if there was any info available. Hoping they will choose to allow them!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The original announcement said they would make a decision about spectators on July 15th, but there hasn't been anything added to the website. I emailed them to ask if there was any info available. Hoping they will choose to allow them!
Oh please let us know if you hear anything!

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I got a reply yesterday - although it got caught by my spam filter so I didn't see it until today!

They said that the schedule is still being created, but that "the tickets will be on the website probably a couple days after the schedule is posted." To me that sounds like they are indeed planning on allowing spectators!

The website for the event is www.scboston.org/cranberry .

I guess we keep checking, for now! :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got a reply yesterday - although it got caught by my spam filter so I didn't see it until today!

They said that the schedule is still being created, but that "the tickets will be on the website probably a couple days after the schedule is posted." To me that sounds like they are indeed planning on allowing spectators!

The website for the event is www.scboston.org/cranberry .

I guess we keep checking, for now! :)
This is killing me. I wonder how much tickets will be.

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yay!!!! Spectators! You are the best!!!

Haha just another devoted fan like the rest of us :)

I'm stoked, I actually haven't been to the new facility yet. I took group lessons at the old rink for a couple years before my ankle injury last year. The Performance Center (main rink) looks amazing - I hope this is the first of many international competitions there!!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haha just another devoted fan like the rest of us :)

I'm stoked, I actually haven't been to the new facility yet. I took group lessons at the old rink for a couple years before my ankle injury last year. The Performance Center (main rink) looks amazing - I hope this is the first of many international competitions there!!
I can't wait to see the new rink. It looks amazing.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
They just posted about Sr Women’s on their socials - Bradie, Alysa, Mariah and Gabby are all in for US women, plus Ashley Lin from China and Marilena Kitromilis from Cyprus!

Lest anyone wonder:

Skating Club of Boston highlighted some of the Cranberry Cup International senior women -- without naming all of them.

SCOB's social media graphic from yesterday included the line, "And many more from around the world!"

Is Gracie gold still competing at cranberry?

And on Instagram, SCOB added, "We are just getting started! We’ll be announcing more competitors soon including some of our Cranberry Open competitors. Stay tuned! 😎"

SCOB was replying to a query in the Insta comments: "What about Gracie Gold, Olympic Bronze medalist?"
(The query came from no less than [Olympic bronze medalist] Mirai Nagasu, who skates and coaches at SCOB.)

Cranberry Open is the pre-existing club competition that SCOB is hosting during the same week as Cranberry Cup International.
Per the Cranberry Open schedule, it apparently will have 15 senior women, and my guess would be that most or all of them always intended to enter Cranberry Open (as opposed to Cranberry Cup International).

FWIW, the competition announcement for Cranberry Cup International says:
The Organizer reserves the right to accept a limited number of entries. Skaters will be notified of their acceptance by Sunday July 25, 2021. Should skaters not be accepted, skaters will be offered an opportunity to compete in the 2021 Cranberry Open or be refunded (minus processing fees).​

To be clear: I have no idea whether or not Cranberry Cup International actually did end up needing/deciding to limit entries.
Even *if(??)* it did, I have no idea which particular entries would have been affected.

Per the Cranberry Cup International schedule, it looks as if it will have at least three groups of senior women. Maybe four groups, I think?

Kailani Craine from Australia should also be here. She is listed in the Australian Skating Federation assignments page.

Happy to hear about Kailani. :)

[Ashley Lin and Kitromilis both train at SCOB, so it is understandable that its social media graphic highlighted their names -- even if other international entries would have a similar (or possibly even higher) level of name recognition for fans.]

Last edited: