2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 3 - Sochi | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 3 - Sochi

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Another pair im kinda nervous for. During 19-20 season they had such great international junior season 1 gold and 1 silver medal at jgp, bronze at JGPF and silver at Junior worlds. This season was their last junior eligible year and they didn't do too well in their 1st assignment finishing 4th and didn't get a second one im worried about their transition from junior to senior next season. I like Akhanteva/Kolesov so im hoping it will go well.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
that was great from Daniil and Alina!
I really liked Alina when she was a novice single skater, I hope she can have a great career in pairs!

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Great summary, thank you!
Only one thing is even worse for these girls I think: It is 9 Russian GP seniors and 4 JGPF qualifiers, so it only 5 places left (and 4 if Zinina advance too)
No, Zhilina is too young to go to senior nats. But it's likely she might WD, and then Zinina will make it 5 spots left.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Junior Pairs has started!

And there was a bizzare camera effect just then...

Also Maria wearing one of Pogo's old dresses?

LadyB

Record Breaker
Love the costumes and programme for Masha and Sanya ❤️ Both pairs events are at a really bad time for me, so won't chat much, but be shouting for my usual lovelies, of which there are loads at this CoR. :cheer2:
At the same time there is the Kolpino regional Championship with Mama Klimova's kids in action. Just in case someone wants to keep an eye or watch the replay:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So much to watch! I'm actually watching the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships right now! It's on in Japan so a much better time zone for me.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Polina and Alexei have some good pair elements, but I just get the feeling that they never really fit that well together.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Not an exceptional skate, but it seems they are finally able to skate without a disaster.

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Pair elements world class as is usual with skaters from the Perm school, but Iulia seems to have problems with jumps currently. I hope they can fix it before their GP next week.