2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 4 - Kazan | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 4 - Kazan

vorravorra

Record Breaker
But his last competition before that he scored over 200 points. His last comp was a disaster not really his norm. His lutz has not caused him issues until now its his flip that he struggles with.
Mark's quad started giving him problems last season. It's not just one competition.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Mark's quad started giving him problems last season. It's not just one competition.
I wasn't talking about the quad it has never worked for him. I meant his last comp results, the competition before that he scored over 200 in total so his last comp results were abnormal for him.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I wasn't talking about the quad it has never worked for him. I meant his last comp results, the competition before that he scored over 200 in total so his last comp results were abnormal for him.
I assume that competition was the last straw. Anyway, it would be good if Mark could learn 3A by next season, that's what he needs at his age rather than 4T.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Junior women recap:

Fantastic skates by Gorbacheva, Ponteleenko and Gurgenidze.:clap:

The Russian Cup standings so far - one event to go

1. Sofia Titova 36 - clear for nationals
2. Alina Gorbacheva 36 - clear for nationals
3. Maria Zakharova 32 - clear for nationals
4. Alisa Dvoeglazova 30 - clear for nationals
5. Nadezhda Ponteleenko 28 - clear
6. Inga Gurgenidze 22 - clear
-------------------------------------
7. Sofia Vazhnova 20
8. Maria Artyomova 20
9. Camilla Nelyubova 14 - can go either way
10. Lyubov Rubtsova 14 - needs 6th at next stage
11. Natalia Lagutova 12 - needs 5th at next stage
12. Viktoria Morozova 12 - needs 5th at next stage
13. Angelina Palagina 10 - out
14. Eva Zubkova 10 - out
15. Sofia Zakharova 10 - needs 4th at next stage
------------------------
Maria Dmitrieva 7 - out
Agneta Latushkina 5 - out
Maria Paramonova 0 -out

There should be 12 places available. Nelyubova is on the cusp of making it or not.
Oh, nice! Thank you for the summary! I won’t be able to catch up until after NHK, but I am so happy for Gorbacheva! Also, rooting for Lagutova and V. Morozova!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Well, that was an interesting event from the boys :oops:
Ugozhaev wasn't at JGP for whatever reason, so nice to see him bouncing back and gathering qualification points. Andrusik got his 2nd straight silver medal, yay - this time last year I wouldn't even have expected him to make the podium, so kudos!

Kinda sad the Battle of the Kirills didn't really materialise, but in the bigger picture it was good for K. Sarnovsky to test a quad/harder layout in a medium-stakes setting. And it's nice to see N. Sarnovsky steadily improving too!

Does Mark Lukin still have a shot at making Jr Nats? If not it's not a bad thing, he could do with more time to adjust to the coaching change anyway. New programmes might help, too.

Also Chebotareva's boys have the nicest posture and spins, but do they really have to stick both arms up on every single jump? I'm not optimistic about Zonov getting a 3A if he can't do axels with a normal arm position (but hey, worked for Valieva...)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK catching up with the lads!

Artemiy Marinin - This is very interesting music and a very interesting style. But oh dear he looks sad...listen to the music, "Everything is gonna be alright" Oh yeah and are those streamers on his costume? I kinda like them :laugh2:

Mark Lukin - he looks very small after Artemiy but he's got presence! I still say he has a nice 2A and donut spin! He's having issues with his jumps today though.

Aside: Did anyone notice this BOX doesn't show the leaders TES. Not sure if that's good or not :laugh:

Mark is sad too. Poor kid, chin up son! I'm sure you'll get back on track soon!

Aside: Why do you wear your mask properly on the KnC Plushy, but not elsewhere? Very mysterious.

Danill F - Never seen this chap before, let's see what he's got. Tango! :biggrin: Love the armography. That was nice! I like the sparklely stripe on his shirt there.

Aside: Glad the DJ got some new tunes - or new to me. I like Shape of You and Believer, but it gets old on the fifth replay.

Danill into 1st!!

Kirill S - I accidentally saw a comment and now I'm concerned and he hasn't even started!

Dramatic close up on Plushy is kinda LOL.

Ah Kirill tried his 4S and it's thrown him off! I'm assuming they won't do that in JGPF unless it's going well in practice.

Hold on Kirill!

His sad little face. Now I'm sad 😭

I like the new costume though.

10th in FS and 6th overall 😭 way off the podium. I hope this doesn't affect Kirill's confidence for JGPF! That would be horrible!

Kirill A - This music is...um... interesting :laugh: Very good skate! Big score and he's happy 😀

Nikolai U - Wow what big jumps! He was on fire today! Well deserved gold! Nice program to.

And that's a wrap for Stage 4! See you at Stage 5 ;)

Aside: This DJ wins the most awkward songs award. I think they had one with an F-bomb earlier and now we're talking about sex :laugh2: