2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 5 - Perm | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 5 - Perm

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So he won't win... But if he did how would the coaching thing work? Like technically he's still at Crystal. Do they get the certificate?

Aww he's only a wee little fella. The armography was inspired. Keep it up, son!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think this is more Master and Margarita, has a new TV series/movie been commissioned. It's very popular!

Nikolai U punched that program in the face, what attack! Quality jumps too. Bravo lad!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK here comes the final competitor! Ivan has rain in his warhorse eyes ;) and also a quad! Wow! Two even!

And the 3A! :cheer2:

Wow, this is good!

Now there's two Popovs and I can never remember who is who except that one is rather better than the other. I take it the better one Ivan, otherwise he's really improved himself!

Decisive win here! Alas I cannot stay for the medal ceremony as it's quarter to midnight and I have work tomorrow!

Congrats to Ivan, Nikolai U and Makar on their medals! Also to Nikita S for finishing in the top 10 (7th place) šŸ„³

See you all next competition time zones permitting.

katymay

Medalist
So is the list of those who make it through to Jr.Nats set? I wish they would expand the number of Juniors, seems so sad to leave out so many outstanding skaters. I'm hoping the one named Sofia Zacharova (5th) makes it through-she was wonderful. (All the little girls were wonderful, but I loved her big jumps and power). Sad for Lubyov ending up 6th, but she has such a huge talent.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Looks like the girls qualifying to Jr Nationals from Russian Cup will be:

Sofia Titova
Alina Gorbacheva
Alisa Dvoeglazova
Victoria Morozova
Nadezhda Ponteleenko
Natalia Lagutova
Inga Gurgenidze
Lyubov Rubtsova
Sofia Zakharova
------------------
1st alt Ulyana Shiryaeva
2nd alt Sofia Vazhnova

Seems like Shiryaeva lost it with the -1 for time deduction she got today. Without that she would have q before Sofia Z.
Also, Vazhnova was unlucky to have Maria Zakharova in both her stages. MZ had already qualified, and Vazhnova would have been in without her.

And, I don't know if skaters from seniors get a free pass if they want to compete at juniors. If so, then we have potentially Yametova, A Morozova, Peterimova and Gushchina that can take places, so the last four on the list may not be safe.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Now there's two Popovs and I can never remember who is who except that one is rather better than the other. I take it the better one Ivan, otherwise he's really improved himself!
Ivan is the better one of two Popovs; he did great last year as well, making novice national team. The second is Mikhail & the only reason I remember it, is because the name's so common that I dated his namesake twenty odd years ago :)

I am so overjoyed to see 3 of Smirnova's students do so well in the juniors on this stage. Oh, and one of the junior women, Scherbinina, made a particular impression on me, even after the confetti of the junior women, who are such a pleasure to watch. My mother is starting to lose patience with Belyavskiy... lol. But come on, he did better this time.

Also, for junior men the places were:

Stage 1: Popov, Kolesnikov, Karatynyan, Fedorov, Rodionov, Shelkovnikov, Puzin
Stage 2: Fedorov, Zonov, Belyavski, Platonov, Zenkin, Sergienko, Dubovizkii
Stage 3: Kolesnikov, Andrusik, Solov'ev, Shelkovnikov, Karatynyan, Platonov, Dmitriev
Stage 4: Ugozhaev, Andrusik, Fedosimov, Zonov, Chernykh, Marinin, Neretin
Stage 5: Popov, Ugozhaev, Puzin, Belyavskiy, Lukin, Sergienko, Fedosimov

Popov (1,1)
Kolesnikov, Ugozaev (1,2)
Andrusik (2,2)
Fedorov (1,4)
Zonov (2,4)
Belyavskiy (3,4)
Karatynyan (3,5)
Puzin, Fedosimov (3,7)
Shelkovnikov (4, 6)

Does this look right? How many spots do they have for junior men?

Last edited: