2021 Denis Ten Memorial: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 Denis Ten Memorial: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Denis Ten Memorial Challenge is the fifth in a series of nine events of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is currently scheduled to take place in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan, October 28-31, 2021.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.

Last edited:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
It was fun while it lasted. She withdrew from the competition.
I am hoping that Frolova comes to her senses and withdraws from this competition. That way she can switch country and can start competing internationally to her heart's content next season.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am hoping that Frolova comes to her senses and withdraws from this competition. That way she can switch country and can start competing internationally to her heart's content next season.
Frolova is not on the entry list for Ten Memorial. Only Sinitzina

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I just checked yesterday and she was on it. I guess she finally came to her senses, thank god. Now, what country does she want for Christmas?....... lol
Well, it’s more which country has the funding to support a skater, I suppose, if she is looking. So long as she is not injured, it’s all good news. Let’s see if she appears in Russian Cup.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Well, it’s more which country has the funding to support a skater, I suppose, if she is looking. So long as she is not injured, it’s all good news. Let’s see if she appears in Russian Cup.
I think she'll still compete in Russia Cup but maybe not Nationals if she already has a country lined up, which I'm assuming she has, if that is her reason for being removed from the entry list at DenisTen.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think she'll still compete in Russia Cup but maybe not Nationals if she already has a country lined up, which I'm assuming she has, if that is her reason for being removed from the entry list at DenisTen.
Let’s wait and see. However, if she does move feds, she better do it soon, because if more women start doing it, they will start pushing total entries quotas and there will be complaints that they are supplanting talent outside of Russia. Kazakhstan could be an option, perhaps, with Tursynbaeva’s retirement (given we are on a Kazakhstan tournament here 🤷‍♀️) ?