2021 Denis Ten Memorial: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Denis Ten Memorial: General Info

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I get it. Yeah, you don't put pineapple on your pizza if you're in Italia. (Also Philly/SoJersey!). lol

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well the Hawaiians do hence the name...

But if you really want a nightmare @elektra blue my brothers and I once got a pizza here in Australia with not just pineapple...but BANANA on it.

This was about 30 years ago but I still remember the horror...We picked it off, but alas it still tasted of banana.

Criminal.

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

But if you really want a nightmare @elektra blue my brothers and I once got a pizza here in Australia with not just pineapple...but BANANA on it.

This was about 20 years ago but I still remember the horror...We picked it off, but alas it still tasted of banana.

Criminal.
i'm sending a platoon of italian grandmas to avenge this insult

Keith

Rinkside
Although not part of challenger, have Pairs and junior entries been announced? tia.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

For the record, Hawaiian pizza was invented in Ontario, Canada, not Hawaii: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haw...oulos, a Greek-born,, Ontario, Canada in 1962.

I will also state here that I enjoy the sweet and salty combination of pineapples on pizza and don't understand why people despise it so much.

Banana pizza though... That sounds truly bizarre...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
to explain the whole joke about pineapple pizza, you should know we italian are well known integralits about italian food, putting something like pineapple on a pizza is like punching our mamas in their faces :LOL: spitting on the flag (i'm exagerating guys of course) or something like that, as i said before the thing we most hold dear is not family, country or religion, is food :LOL: . now if you want to apply for italian citizenship you can't possibly have a pineapple pizza, don't you think? :LOL: the whole joke was born from the one i made about Talalaikina, she couldn't switch to my country because she was seen having pineapple pizza, and the only thing that proves is that i'm a first class silly person :LOL: . ah! i btw like pineapple with pork or chicken or rice :LOL: and i'm not a food nazi even tough some of the things some of you do with italian food give me the creeps (seriously guys i've seen some criminal stuff done to pasta...:drama:). i hope this make some sense... :LOL:

P. S.: do never take me seriously

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For the record, Hawaiian pizza was invented in Ontario, Canada, not Hawaii: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haw...oulos, a Greek-born,, Ontario, Canada in 1962.
Ooo thanks for the info!
I will also state here that I enjoy the sweet and salty combination of pineapples on pizza and don't understand why people despise it so much.
I actually love pineapple on pizza myself, it's my favourite! But yeah it's really weird the way it divides people :laugh:

Banana pizza though... That sounds truly bizarre...
It was, I have no idea why they did that (I was only about 8 or 9 at the time). Not sure if they're still operating, but it's the only time I've encountered it fortunately! :laugh2:

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Ooo thanks for the info!

I actually love pineapple on pizza myself, it's my favourite! But yeah it's really weird the way it divides people :laugh:

It was, I have no idea why they did that (I was only about 8 or 9 at the time). Not sure if they're still operating, but it's the only time I've encountered it fortunately! :laugh2:
I also love hawaiian pizza...lol

Although, I would never eat a banana pizza lol

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
to explain the whole joke about pineapple pizza, you should know we italian are well known integralits about italian food, putting something like pineapple on a pizza is like punching our mamas in their faces :LOL: spitting on the flag (i'm exagerating guys of course) or something like that, as i said before the thing we most hold dear is not family, country or religion, is food :LOL: . now if you want to apply for italian citizenship you can't possibly have a pineapple pizza, don't you think? :LOL: the whole joke was born from the one i made about Talalaikina, she couldn't switch to my country because she was seen having pineapple pizza, and the only thing that proves is that i'm a first class silly person :LOL: . ah! i btw like pineapple with pork or chicken or rice :LOL: and i'm not a food nazi even tough some of the things some of you do with italian food give me the creeps (seriously guys i've seen some criminal stuff done to pasta...:drama:). i hope this make some sense... :LOL:

P. S.: do never take me seriously
Well, if we go to Italy, we’ll eat Italian tomatoes vs the evergreen variety here. Pineapple makes sense in Canada 😅

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I really am enjoying this thread. Especially the posts about pineappel and banana pizza (brr).

I'm travelling to the wonderful country of Italy tomorrow (Umbria) and I'm going to eat all my favourite foods and drink my favourite wines: pasta with truffel, ansjovis pizza, seafood spaghetti, Caprese salad (with buffel mozzarella of course), Montepulciano red wine....and the Brunello. Not much posting on here the upcoming week, I'm afraid. I definitely do take you seriously when it's about food @elektra blue ! And about skating? We'll meet again on this forum soon! ⛸️❤️

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
it's more about how they make it . asparagus is fine, i actually love it (almost every vegetable is fine, seafood too) :unsure: did i hijack the page? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Did I ever tell you about how I once saw my roommate make pasta? Small pot, put the pasta in with cold water. Then turned the heat on to medium (not enough to boil the water), and left for ~45 minutes, never stirred it so some of the pasta was dry sticking out the top.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Did I ever tell you about how I once saw my roommate make pasta? Small pot, put the pasta in with cold water. Then turned the heat on to medium (not enough to boil the water), and left for ~45 minutes, never stirred it so some of the pasta was dry sticking out the top.
When I was a teen, mom got me a summer job helping a cook in an expedition in Georgia 🇬🇪 , and pasta we had there dissolved in boiling water. I kid you not. So, that cooking method might had been legit there.