2021 Denis Ten Memorial: General Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Denis Ten Memorial: General Info

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did I ever tell you about how I once saw my roommate make pasta? Small pot, put the pasta in with cold water. Then turned the heat on to medium (not enough to boil the water), and left for ~45 minutes, never stirred it so some of the pasta was dry sticking out the top.
Wait, isn’t that the correct way to do it?

Asking for a friend.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I really am enjoying this thread. Especially the posts about pineappel and banana pizza (brr).

I'm travelling to the wonderful country of Italy tomorrow (Umbria) and I'm going to eat all my favourite foods and drink my favourite wines: pasta with truffel, ansjovis pizza, seafood spaghetti, Caprese salad (with buffel mozzarella of course), Montepulciano red wine....and the Brunello. Not much posting on here the upcoming week, I'm afraid. I definitely do take you seriously when it's about food @elektra blue ! And about skating? We'll meet again on this forum soon! ⛸️❤️
don't forget pork in every way they make it! enjoy your stay!
Did I ever tell you about how I once saw my roommate make pasta? Small pot, put the pasta in with cold water. Then turned the heat on to medium (not enough to boil the water), and left for ~45 minutes, never stirred it so some of the pasta was dry sticking out the top.
why are you doing this to me? why????? i didn't want to know! :cry::cry::cry::cry: anyway did he/she need some wallpaper glue? :LOL:

:hijacked:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
don't forget pork in every way they make it! enjoy your stay!
I definitely will. I also love Carbonara, especially the Umbrian version with bacon and egg yolk, not whole egg. Yummy! Yes, agreed :hijacked:. But talking about Italian food is just so inspirational. I once enjoyed a lunch in Tuscany and there was this table next to mine with some very angry men. At least that's what I thought at first. But they were just discussing the quality of the Rucola (Rocket salad), and agreed - after a lot of discussing - that it was okay in this particular place. I love it!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I definitely will. I also love Carbonara, especially the Umbrian version with bacon and egg yolk, not whole egg. Yummy! Yes, agreed :hijacked:. But talking about Italian food is just so inspirational. I once enjoyed a lunch in Tuscany and there was this table next to mine with some very angry men. At least that's what I thought at first. But they were just discussing the quality of the Rucola (Rocket salad), and agreed - after a lot of discussing - that it was okay in this particular place. I love it!
that's the only way to make a real carbonara :LOL: about the rucola men...told you we take food very seriously

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Article from a Kazakh website about the event. No new news, but it was nice to find out the Denis Ten Foundation gives scholarships to the winners of the Kazakhstan figure skating championships.

Weathergal

Medalist
to explain the whole joke about pineapple pizza, you should know we italian are well known integralits about italian food, putting something like pineapple on a pizza is like punching our mamas in their faces :LOL: spitting on the flag (i'm exagerating guys of course) or something like that, as i said before the thing we most hold dear is not family, country or religion, is food :LOL: . now if you want to apply for italian citizenship you can't possibly have a pineapple pizza, don't you think? :LOL: the whole joke was born from the one i made about Talalaikina, she couldn't switch to my country because she was seen having pineapple pizza, and the only thing that proves is that i'm a first class silly person :LOL: . ah! i btw like pineapple with pork or chicken or rice :LOL: and i'm not a food nazi even tough some of the things some of you do with italian food give me the creeps (seriously guys i've seen some criminal stuff done to pasta...:drama:). i hope this make some sense... :LOL:

P. S.: do never take me seriously
Late to the conversation but really enjoying this thread! LOL When we were in Italy, we saw pizza insalata on a menu and wondered if it was really pizza with salad on top. It was. And it was delicious! I think literally everything we ate in Italy was absolutely wonderful!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I've just spent a week in Italy. Everything we ate was exquisite. Usually with the simplest of combinations. No pineapple on a pizza but one with ansjovis (yummie), marinated ansjovis, all kinds of pasta - and some with truffle, great antipasti (another yummie) and the greatest wines. Plus the art just about everywhere. Spello, Spoleto, Montefalco, Perugia. One of those lovely weeks!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well the Hawaiians do hence the name...

But if you really want a nightmare @elektra blue my brothers and I once got a pizza here in Australia with not just pineapple...but BANANA on it.

This was about 30 years ago but I still remember the horror...We picked it off, but alas it still tasted of banana.

Criminal.

That IS criminal.🤮

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Late to the conversation but really enjoying this thread! LOL When we were in Italy, we saw pizza insalata on a menu and wondered if it was really pizza with salad on top. It was. And it was delicious! I think literally everything we ate in Italy was absolutely wonderful!
salad? are you sure it wasn't rucola? it souds really strange as we don't have salad with other stuff (even though we put a lot of things in salads :LOL: ) but sometimes people serve to turists all sort of things, who knows? i'm happy you enjoyed yourself in my country, that's what matters the most.

Weathergal

Medalist
salad? are you sure it wasn't rucola? it souds really strange as we don't have salad with other stuff (even though we put a lot of things in salads :LOL: ) but sometimes people serve to turists all sort of things, who knows? i'm happy you enjoyed yourself in my country, that's what matters the most.
LOL now I'm not sure what we had. I know it was at a place called Pizza su Pizza in Salerno. And thank you - we truly enjoyed ourselves in your beautiful country! We saw a mixture of tourist things and family things. We went to Rome, Capri, Salerno, and Pugliano. We also saw Scalea and Diamante with another branch of the family. My husband's mother's side of the family is from Italy. His grandmother grew up in Pugliano, Italy, and we got to see the family home. They still have family (cousins and the like) who live at the family home area in Pugliano. They invited us for lunch and picked us up. We didn't know they meant all-day lunch then dinner. It was amazing! We had so much fun even though only my mother-in-law really spoke both languages well. The rest of us knew a little bit of Italian, and I think the family spoke a tiny bit of English. Somehow we communicated! By the end of the evening, I think the whole village had stopped by. It is something we will never forget. OK now I want to go to GP Italy and then stay... ;)

Where in Italy do you live?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There are also pairs. Senior pairs looks like.

The non ISU Results and Protocols for the Junior events and Senior Pairs are here:

https://turnir.fdt.kz/data/281021/IC/index.htm

Wow. That is a lot bigger a Pairs field than I was expecting. In fact, of the Challenger events we have had so far, the size of the field here is only surpassed by the Nebelhorn and Finlandia. 😲

Such a pity that it doesn't have the same status as the rest of the Senior categories. 😞

CaroLiza_fan