2021 Finlandia Trophy: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Finlandia Trophy is the third in a series of nine events of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is currently scheduled to take place in Espoo, Finland, October 8-10, 2021.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.

Last edited:

Lyyli

On the Ice
Finlandia Trophy 2021 will get an extra day due to large number of participants. Sounds exciting! It will begin already on Thursday October 7th by Special Olympics skaters and pairs and men´s SPs. Those who have All event tickets don´t need an extra ticket for Thursday.

The announcement of Finnish FSA in English:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Great for her. I'm happy that Russian fed released her, since they didn't want to give her a chance to compete internationally.
IIRC they released someone else to Armenia or Azerbaijan recently. I'll pull that name up and post it in European ladies thread if it exists. (ETA: Nope, it was supposed to be Talalaikina to Italy, but apparently it never happened)

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I see interesting matchups in every discipline, but I’m particularly excited for Dance (season debut of Chock/Bates and Papadakis/Cizeron!) and Ladies :biggrin: I do hope my schedule allows me to see all of it.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
A small mistake has been made in the line-up. Chelsea Verhaegh and Sherim van Geffen are mentioned in the Pairs, but they really are an ID couple. It's unclear whether they are coming, but they should be shifted to ID, or that Daria Danilova and Michel Tsiba are intended to come who are a pair (but there's already another Dutch pair on the list).

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
18 pairs! Or 17, if the one is listed on wrong discipline, but still I think it is a lot. Finlandia Trophy has taken it's place in pairs, hope it will continue so. I decided to skip to go on place this year, but Keegan, It would haven been great to see him live, also many other interesting names. I am ready to pay for live screen, if there is no free one.