CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Already started :clap:

Now: Special Olympics Free Skating

I don't know what it is :)

The term "Special Olympics" is a general term used for events where the competitors are people who have learning disabilities. (People with learning disabilities used to be referred to as "special needs" people, hence the name "Special Olympics").

Well done to the organisers of the Finlandia Trophy for including this competition on their schedule, and giving these skaters the opportunity to compete on the big stage.

:bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

Artemisa

Final Flight
The term "Special Olympics" is a general term used for events where the competitors are people who have learning disabilities. (People with learning disabilities used to be referred to as "special needs" people, hence the name "Special Olympics").

Well done to the organisers of the Finlandia Trophy for including this competition on their schedule, and giving these skaters the opportunity to compete on the big stage.

:bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

CaroLiza_fan
Really congrats to the organization. They are true athletes and deserves the same attention

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Looks like the pay steam had issues yesterday. And with no archives, there are people that paid that didn’t get to see the entire event. Not a good start, especially since this isn’t cheap.

The women are going to have a lot more traffic too. Hope the stream holds up.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This is probably the best place to mention this: there may not have been a huge audience but they sure as h*ll were supportive. Must have been great for the skaters!
As a part of that audience I can say that we are LOUD. And people REALLY like to clap :laugh:
I alone screamed like a mad woman for Jason and Donovan - the atmosphere is great in my opinion. But I am just floating now into happy bubble, so don't mind me lol.
Finished breakfast, now going to some craft/hobby stores and secondhands - if there's one material thing I will bring with myself, it is probably crepe paper:laugh:
20211009_101639.jpg

Last edited:

pearly

Record Breaker
As a part of that audience I can say that we are LOUD. And people REALLY like to clap :laugh:
I alone screamed like a mad woman for Jason and Donovan - the atmosphere is great in my opinion. But I am just floating now into happy bubble, so don't mind me lol.
Finished breakfast, now going to some craft/hobby stores and secondhands - if there's one material thing I will bring with myself, it I probably crepe paper:laugh:
View attachment 4346
I'll never forget Piper's reaction when she received your sunflowers after their Vincent program. Loved it!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I honestly have to say I had a BLAST experiencing Finlandia Trophy 2021 live for past 3 days.
The trip not only energized my interest in skating, but allowed me to experience synchro skating live for the 1st time and made me genuinely smile more than I did in past year.
Going for it once again proved to pay off with something more important than money invested. And reminded me to catch live skating whenever I am able to financially/vacation-wise.
Unfortunately, I am flying back tomorrow, so I'll miss FD/Ladies' FS :(20211009_212520.jpg