2021 Finlandia Trophy: Rhythm Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Rhythm Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Unfortunate twizzles but otherwise not bad, and now I need to take a shower to wake and stay up for the women

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I do like this program for Carolane and Shane, but that twizzle mishap is going to cost them. :( I always hold my breath with this team, as they seem to often make substantial mistakes. I find that I watch him more than her, as he performs much better.

Andrea82

Medalist
Not considering the 2 teams who didn't a previous ISU PB, Turkilla/Versluis and Kerry/Dodds are the 2 teams setting PBs today.
Both German teams were very close to their PB (less than 1 point).

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Short answer: tech. In dance what happens from the knees down matters :)
Yes, okay thanks. I love your short answer. I'm not a master at detecting the differences in good and less than precise technique among teams.

I'm gonna bet you though that attention to rewarding better tech goes out the window when politics factor in, and there's not huge differences in tech. Quite clearly, there are teams with less than great tech, who are scored over teams with better tech for a variety of reasons, including the fact that ice dance is overly political. Not a conspiracy, btw, for those who enjoy throwing that word around. It's just the political, rigged way the sport too often operates, not any kind of 'conspiracy.'

I'm not saying that politics was overtly responsible for scores so far here. But I bet rep status and politics do factor into some of the scoring and placements we are seeing, with some tech justification on the side. LOL!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Really enjoyed this - great skating from everyone! Shame for S/F and their twizzles. I am slightly confused how C/P are ahead of L/L. I love both teams but I do think L/L are the better pair, as they are faster and have a good knee bend (which Carreira lacks sometimes). I also thought that C/P were slow. I would have had L/L higher in the PCS by a bit more as they only just pipped C/P. So great to see C/B and P/C - loved both programmes.

Last edited:

brigit66

On the Ice
oh my, so many levels lost for PC , lol higherst BV for zhulin team , a coincidence???pathetic i am really scared for PC