2021 Finlandia Trophy: Women's Short Program | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Women's Short Program

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I know what I like and Josefin ticks most of my boxes: she can do character, she can spell out a storyline, she can do different movement to different types of music, she can skate to a rhythm, she does this all with credibility and confidence.
Josefin's PCS quality (ESPECIALLY performance) is truly up there with the best of the world, in my opinion at least.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
And while I'm at it. Karen Chen does nothing to me. She has that American style that I'm not a fan of. Her Lutz is fantastic, but she clearly has troubles with 3+3s. And that she is a great PCS skater, I just don't understand.

There's a poster from the US who insisted for quite a while that Karen Chen is an exquisite skater with the best pcs around. I never understood that. For me in Plushy's words she is "a good average skater". No comparisons with the Russians for the sake of bias accusations but take Rika, Kaori, Satoko - they are all much stronger second mark skaters imo. Forget about the Japanese - they were not here. Loena is a better skater with a bigger presence on ice. Karen was sort of impressive some years ago. But over many years she has been doing just the same program. Even her signature aircraft like spiral - it's exactly the same in every her program over the last what? 5? 6 years?

As for the results, I was surprised by Liza's score but it was clearly the skate of her life. Not only did she perfectly the most difficult (outside 3LZ-3Lo) jump content - she was deep into that program unlike emotionless Karen (and, frankly speaking, emotionless Alyona as well). No other skater had anything close to the skate of their lives. Adding to that some "pcs bonus" for the former world champion and the reining world silver medalist, well, may be she was not that overscored.