2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb: Women's Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb: Women's Short Program

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Gee I don't remember Amber's SP song being so dire...

"My biggest weakness is I care too much" sounds like an answer in a job interview to me :laugh:

Was that a 3A though?
It’s an old program she brought back, no one loves it but Amber unfortunately.

Uh was that a fall right on “feeling good”

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
So, Gubanova lost about 2 points on her StepSeq and 2,5 points on that last spin compared to Finlandia.

Amber had < on her 3A and only 4.10. So it wasn't worth it.

Marilena's clean program is very underscored. No <, but low GOE and PCS overall.

Scott512

Record Breaker
kind of disappointed with low scores where the judges brutal?

I was hoping for much higher score from nastya but she hasn't skated in 2 months so who knows.

If Amber lands her triple axle in the free skate will that automatically mean 1st place? I assume if she landed it in the SP she would be 5 points ahead. I hope she not injured.

It's possible 1st place would be under 190 points just it's just thinking about it is deflating.

If the judges are harsh all across-the-board I'm good with it if they are generous all across-the-board I am good with it but this going back-and-forth is ridiculous.

ivanja

On the Ice
Country
Croatia
You don't understand this federation and the people running it (the fed and the event). They are legacies - they are all former skaters, coaches and skating parents. Their parents were skaters, coaches or skating parents with positions in the federation. No one new joins the ranks. No new ideas join the ranks. These people do not follow trends in skating. They are completely unaware of what happens at other CS events and that they are live streamed. They literally give zero sh* about them and about skating worldwide, except when they get ISU Championships and then the ISU regulates what is required.

They are super proud of how they run the Golden Spin, never failing to mention it's the oldest FS comp in Europe. I guess that's why it's ok to run it exactly the way they used to run it in the eighties, cuz hey, tradition!

They literally believe they are doing an incredible job and see no need to improve.
That's unfair... For what minuscule resources they have, especially compared to some other NFs, it's an amazing feat just keep the event afloat at this level. And this year they did something new by moving the event to a town that was absolutely devastated by an earthquake at Christmas last year. You can literally still see rubble on the street while arriving at the train station. The local community needed something new to look forward to.

pearly

Record Breaker
That's unfair... For what minuscule resources they have, especially compared to some other NFs, it's an amazing feat just keep the event afloat at this level. And this year they did something new by moving the event to a town that was absolutely devastated by an earthquake at Christmas last year. You can literally still see rubble on the street while arriving at the train station. The local community needed something new to look forward to.
If you are affiliated with the Fed, would you please let them know what the current trends are in figure skating - reliable streams, reliable result pages and timely updates to entries and the event itself? A number of people here said they emailed them with questions and never heard back. They can't be THAT busy. We are all very glad to have a stream and a working results page this year. It would be nice if we didn't have to wonder about it each year as well.

Help them improve the reputation of the event by building the audience's confidence in these things. Help them become aware that there IS a global audience for figure skating and that this audience IS aware that this event exists and wants to look forward to it each year like they do to other events that they know will be available for them to watch. People travel to FS events and people might actually start travelling to watch the Golden Spin live once the communication improves. Ticket info only became available this week. Someone from abroad who wants to come and watch the event has to make plans in advance.

Buy a domain, build a modern website, provide timely information. The image of the competition will change before you know it. There are people, fans from around the world who will be happy to help.

Compliments for the Kiss and Cry - it's lovely, one of nicest we've seen worldwide.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Also thanks for the quality of the video and audio of the stream!

As to the scoring page, it works well. If it had been put up even one day before the event started, it would have been totally up to standard.

You are making progress. You always attracted good skaters. And the event determines the winners of the Challenger Series. You should not be strapped for cash. You are a premier event, but with the worst marketing anywhere. People are watching Santa Claus Cup by preference.

Please make ticket buying info earlier- the extra money would let you pay to get other stuff done a little ahead of time.

And if you put up a live stream for each event, you won't lose as much valuable streaming content!

And an easy one- 'retitle your live stream with two languages, not just Croatian. Make the second one either English or Russian. You will get more hits and more money from YouTube. Right now a search on Golden Spin 2021 on YouTube does not bring up your content. People will watch the event after it is over if they can find it!

If you can get someone to put up YouTube videos of each skater's performance, those videos will earn money, too. Get someone to edit the censored videos out of the Day 1 live stream and upload that. People will.watch it.

Contact Ted Barton-he and the ISU have made a successful financial operation out of having YouTube videos of the Junior Grand Prix events. He could help. Probably YouTube will help. They make money off the ads and would like you to get more clicks too. And it would help the whole Challenger Series if the final became excitingly easy to view, and if there was commentary that actually kept track of who was where in the scoring. Big fail by the ISU in that case.

Last edited: