2021 Gran Premio d’Italia: Prediction Contest | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d’Italia: Prediction Contest    Deadline: 2021-11-05 at 13:00 (UTC/GMT)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hey! I just remembered to check this thread, and lo and behold! I'm all alone with a Gold Medal for Pairs! :bsplit:this one makes me particularly happy, as I had Artemeva & Nazarychev for bronze ... which was part whim, part wish, and part hunch.

And I'm doubly thrilled because I won gold for the Men, too! :party2:happily sharing the honor with 3 others. Waiting now for dance results ....

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you @Moxiejan and everyone who helped with the thread. Fun. :)
And a silver for you in dance!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
40 users won gold in dance. Perhaps this is too much for the spreadsheet.
And 80 - silver, 19 - bronze.
I did have a problem because i could sort by number, but in dance some medalists were on the second page & the sorting got trashed when i clicked on it. So i did have to hand-hunt through the entire entry list for the 80 who scored 65 for a silver. :( This is why i was so slooowww.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And a silver for you in dance!
!! Well, this fits with my calculations, but it feels like an embarrassment of riches. I really tanked on the women, though. 🤣

ETA: Just curious, is the "overall medal" calculated from just this event, or is it cumulative since the beginning of the new system?

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks to the scorers - there were a lot of medalists this time around!

Proud to get a Gold in Women and a Silver in Dance (probably would have been Gold if Caroline and Michael didn't have their unfortunate mishap) and then everything went downhill, with pairs and men. Still I scored overall a 225, which isn't too bad.

Hard to believe the GP series is half over already - onto NHK next weekend!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
!! Well, this fits with my calculations, but it feels like an embarrassment of riches. I really tanked on the women, though. 🤣

ETA: Just curious, is the "overall medal" calculated from just this event, or is it cumulative since the beginning of the new system?
overall medal is just this event. the cumulative standings for all the GPs is in the Hall of Fame.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I want to thank @Moxiejan and the other volunteers who take on this task. It's can be very tedious!

Congratulations to all the medalists! Awards are coming shortly!!

I'd also like to congratulate @aristotle for joining the ranks in the Debutant Hall of Fame and @Walt FSHunter for joining the Intermediate ranks!

@elektra blue just leveled up to the Novice for a Crystal Ball award!

:yahoo::clap::yahoo:
1636320663158.jpeg

as soon as i write it you'll have my award speach too :LOL: thank you for this game!
Thanks for the contest, guys, and @electra_blue grats in particular!

thank you 😘 for autographs you can talk with my agent @Ichatdelune

Weathergal

Medalist

@skylark you can find the Hall of Fame that Moxiejan is referring to by going to https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/general-info.878/ or go to Forums > Hall of Fame (you have to scroll down past the Competitions thread and Arena II (with Le Cafe, etc.).
overall medal is just this event. the cumulative standings for all the GPs is in the Hall of Fame.
@Moxiejan Thanks for all your hard work scoring! That has to be hugest medal winners table we've had!
I'm lousy at predicting but I'm still having fun. Thanks to the scorers! NHK just got a few withdrawals so stay tuned!
@16Olympics Me, too - not predicting too well this year so far but having fun!