2021 Gran Premio d'Italia Entries | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia Entries

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I thought it might be a good idea to keep track of all entries for each GP separately, and to keep track of any withdrawals and replacements (hopefully not necessary!)

Preliminary as of 7/1/2021

Men

Yudong Chen (CHN)
Boyang Jin (CHN)
Han Yan (CHN) (wd 9/21)
Paul Fentz (GER)
Gabriele Frangipani (ITA) (added Oct 1)
Daniel Grassl (ITA)
Yuma Kagiyama (JPN)
Kazuki Tomono (JPN) '
Dennis Vasiljves (LAT)
Junhwan Cha (KOR)
Dmitri Aliev (RUS)
Petr Gumenik (RUS)
Mikhail Kolyada (RUS)

Ladies

Leona Hendrickx (BEL)
Hongyi Chen (CHN) (wd Oct 19)
Shan Lin (CHN) (wd Sept 21)
Yi Zhu (CHN)
Nicole Schott (GER) (added Oct 27)
Lucrezia Beccari (ITA) (added Oct 20)
Lara Naki Gutmann (ITA) (added Oct 1)
Mai Mihara (JPN)
Satoko Miyahara (JPN)
Yelim Kim (KOR)
Eunsoo Lim (KOR)
Maiia Kromykh (RUS)
Sofia Samurodova (RUS)
Anna Shcherbakova (RUS)
Bradie Tennell (USA) (wd Oct 26)

Pairs

Cheng Peng / Yang Jin (CHN)
Wenjing Sui / Cong Han (CHN)
Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (GER)
Sara Conti / Niccolo Macci (ITA) (added Oct 1)
Nicole Della Monica / Matteo Guarise (ITA)
Rebecca Ghilardi / Filippo Ambrossini (ITA)
Iulilia Artemeva / Mikhail Nazarychev (RUS)
Alina Pepeleva / Roman Pleshkov (RUS)

Ice Dance

Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus (CAN)
Hong Chen / Zhouming Sun (CHN)
Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu (CHN)
Evgenia Lopareva / Geoffrey Brissaud (FRA)
Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizieron (FRA)
Katharina Mueller / Tim Dieck (GER)
Carolina Moscheni / Franceso Fioretti (ITA) (added Oct 11)
Carolina Portesi Peroni / Michael Chrastecky (ITA) (added Oct 1 wd Oct 11)
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin (RUS)
Caroline Green / Michael Parsons (USA)
Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donahue (USA)

Last edited:

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Host spots for Pairs and Dance have been officially moved from TBD - CHN to TBA, so probably Italian teams, but the already announced selections remain the same so far.

Orchidea

On the Ice
and Nicole Scott replace Bradie...I am very dissapointed. I was hoping that Eva-lotta Kiibus gwt the second spot.
And I literally dont understand this replacement rules at all...Kiibus is way higher in every standigs. or is it just like organizers ( italy ) wantes someone lower level that their girls could get higher results? :scratch2: :cry::cry:

Country
Norway
and Nicole Scott replace Bradie...I am very dissapointed. I was hoping that Eva-lotta Kiibus gwt the second spot.
And I literally dont understand this replacement rules at all...Kiibus is way higher in every standigs. or is it just like organizers ( italy ) wantes someone lower level that their girls could get higher results? :scratch2: :cry::cry:
I don´t understand it either. Both Schott and Kiibus got a spot already, not sure why Nicole would get the second one. Why also give it to someone who has got a spot, and not someone like Josefin Taljegård who placed higher then Schott at WC? Looking at the standing for WC 2021 looks like every skater below Josefin got a spot for GP, but not her? I guess there must be other requirements as well, but I agree on that it´s very weird that Schott got a second spot!

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I don´t understand it either. Both Schott and Kiibus got a spot already, not sure why Nicole would get the second one. Why also give it to someone who has got a spot, and not someone like Josefin Taljegård who placed higher then Schott at WC? Looking at the standing for WC 2021 looks like every skater below Josefin got a spot for GP, but not her? I guess there must be other requirements as well, but I agree on that it´s very weird that Schott got a second spot!
The Alternate List consists only of the Season's Best List (2020 and 2021) + winners from this season's Challengers.

The host can choose any of the first 10 names on that list. And if no one is available the next 10 names.

If I count correctly, Eva-Lotta is #8 on that list and Nicole #9. Josefin is only #20.
Above Eva-Lotta are: Wi, Paganini, Safonova, Yokoi, Yamashita, Park, Kawabe.
I would say Yamashita or Park (who also have no spots) would have been the most deserving for this spot, especially Park who skated so brilliantly at US Classic.

The original assignments were:
The top 12 from Worlds got two, the SB top 24 (both 2020/2021 seasons) and the WS top 24 are guaranteed one (but all in the SB and most of the WS got two).