2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate

labgoat

Thinking about art & life...
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ok.. that's great news... the vancouver bits confused me..1) because it was last week 2) because there is already wing and lowe there... 3) now that you mention kelowna, well the two cities are a short flight apart from one another.. it's almost easier to get to victoria (which is on the island) .. than in the interior... however, kelowna is beautiful and poje will fit right in :)
Sorry, I thought it was Vancouver, but then looked it up and realized it was Kelowna instead.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
@florin stop sending people to the mental ward, here we're still wainting for you to explain us Anna's program :LOL:
Btw, I didn't do it - it was just a small image of an ambulance. Maybe I meant that the words of the opponent bring me to a heart attack? :) So, it is you yourself who think that in this situation it should be interpreted as "mental ward". Perhaps it speaks about your own inner attitude to the words of my opponent? :biggrin:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Btw, I didn't do it - it was just a small image of an ambulance. Maybe I meant that the words of the opponent bring me to a heart attack? :) So, it is you yourself who think that in this situation it should be interpreted as "mental ward". Perhaps it speaks about your own inner attitude to the words of my opponent? :biggrin:
or that i'm mental myself :LOL: anyway thank you for your explanation, everything is clear now!

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
What music? She has 3 very different parts of music, so what mood can it set?
I have already given a link above with a description of my vision of the program (after writing, I saw an interview with Daniil Gleichengauz where he described about the same). All three musical parts correspond to the choreographer's idea and perfectly emphasize the mood - Margarita's sadness and longing, then the famous and recognizable (at least for Russians) music of the Woland ball, and finally dramatic music summing up the end of the story. What exactly is unclear here?

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
You're not wrong though, a significant section of Master and Margarita deals with a person who thinks he's gone mental...
And it's not just about the mental disorder of the Master - the transformation of Margarita into a witch and the fact that she becomes the queen of Satan's ball can also be interpreted as an allusion to insanity, as the last refuge of the desperate.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I have already given a link above with a description of my vision of the program (after writing, I saw an interview with Daniil Gleichengauz where he described about the same). All three musical parts correspond to the choreographer's idea and perfectly emphasize the mood - Margarita's sadness and longing, then the famous and recognizable (at least for Russians) music of the Woland ball, and finally dramatic music summing up the end of the story. What exactly is unclear here?
I can't see all this in the choreography. For me it's more like a story "The emperor's new clothes". No matter how Daniil described there is no cloth at all.
I think it's funny that plots are so much liked by Russian choreographers. I think's it's a failure if you had to explain strange choice of music with background stories.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I was planning to watch this but Morpheus got me.
Glad to see that i got the top 4 right.
If Hendrickx plays her cards right she can make a top 5 at olympics. Her scores will only keep rising.
Mai and 4th place are not ready to divorce.

Zora

On the Ice
The music should not be related to the novel. It sets the emotional mood.
I get that. As an outsider, I can tell that it was very confusing that the music switched from Apocalyptica to old-fashioned circus music, because there's absolutely no connection between the two pieces. Compare that to Evgenia's Anna Karenina, all the music pieces are from the same composer and same movie, it's easy to tell there's a story going on, even if you aren't familiar with it.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I get that. As an outsider, I can tell that it was very confusing that the music switched from Apocalyptica to old-fashioned circus music, because there's absolutely no connection between the two pieces. Compare that to Evgenia's Anna Karenina, all the music pieces are from the same composer and same movie, it's easy to tell there's a story going on, even if you aren't familiar with it.
"old-fashioned circus music" :laugh: Yes, indeed that music can be perceived that way, when you wrote it that way, I understood it.

I wrote in my first message about my concern about the Russian-centricity of this program. Here you have just confirmed - for you it's old-fashioned circus music. While when a Russian-speaking person hears the second musical part, he immediately, almost reflexively, the image of the Woland ball arises. Yes, alas, the program may be too Russian-centric.

Сircus music.. Well it's make sence, now I get it, perhaps it was such allusions that Kornelyuk put into music - that Margаrita subconsciously perceives this motley, brilliant ball, with supernatural tricks, with jokes by Koroviev (Dante Allighiere doomed to be a buffoon by Woland when he visits Earth) like some amazing circus performance.

Last edited:

chloepoco

Medalist
Is Mai the girl that has never outgrown her ice princess programs and still looks like one of the little girls being chaperoned by their mothers at the ice rink. I wouldn't call her a paragon of artistry. I don't think she's even capable of doing tango and she's several years older than Maiia.
No. Mai is actually the ethereal, elegant skater who has managed to overcome a debilitating illness.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
This seems a bit rude...
But it's true. For me, Mai always skate about the same type of programs with not very complex choreography and does not require strong emotional involvement. This is especially evident in the first half of her FP - where the music, in general, is only the background for her jumps. As we say, "музыка играет - спортсмену не мешает" (music was playing and did not disturb athlete)

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
While when a Russian-speaking person hears the second musical part, he immediately, almost reflexively, the image of the Woland ball arises.
I never watched that mini-series and I know many Russian-speaking people who also never did. I know this music from fs. So it's not true that Russian-speaking people will recognize it immediately.
To be honest, among those who watched that mini-series I don't know anybody who like it or like the music. I personally can't understand why skaters from Russia like it so much.