2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even Mai and Satako barely getting these scores. How Maiia got 68 in her first senior debut? Is she more mature and polished skater than Satako and Mai? The PCS completely depends on Technical content nothing related about artistry and presentation. We all witnessed many times
Satoko is the most underscored skater of all time in PCS. Why isn't she getting high 9s or even 10s for her interpretation of the music? There are no weaknesses in her components that I can set, but she still gets scores averaging in the high 8s. What makes Anna's components (average 9) better than Satoko's?

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Satoko is the most underscored skater of all time in PCS. Why isn't she getting high 9s or even 10s for her interpretation of the music? There are no weaknesses in her components that I can set, but she still gets scores averaging in the high 8s. What makes Anna's components (average 9) better than Satoko's?
Personally, I would not even give such components to Satoko. Her jumps are featureless, with longer approaches and less beautiful exits. They are not part of the choreography. And Anna's half of the jumps is.

A skater with a weak technique should not receive large components - the complexity of artistry is a derivative of the complexity of technique.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Personally, I would not even give such components to Satoko. Her jumps are featureless, with longer approaches and less beautiful exits. They are not part of the choreography. And Anna's half of the jumps is.

A skater with a weak technique should not receive large components - the complexity of artistry is a derivative of the complexity of technique.
By that logic, there shouldn't be two separate scores. Her artistry transcends whatever problems with her jump technique (mainly small height; nothing wrong with her spins or footwork). Jumps have nothing to do with the second mark.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Jumps have nothing to do with the second mark.
No, it does. Painful jumps tear the "fabric of choreography", spoil it, and are not additionally decorated.

This is an old, grandmother's skating - when the jumps are one thing, and the choreography is different thing. That's why I wrote today that Anya brilliantly demonstrated modern figure skating.

Or, for example, about Loena. I wrote today that she deserves bronze more than Mihara because of the obviously more complex and high-quality choreography. I do not renounce these words, but inside I was left unsatisfied and not completely sure about this judgment - precisely because of the fact that Luena's jumps do not make a proper impression. It seems to me all the time that she somehow slows down on landing, little bit struggling. This weakens the overall impression. I know that choreography is more complicated, but as they say, "I know with my head," just because I'm not blind. But not with feelings. While Mihara's jumps give a feeling of pleasant lightness

onrsvm

On the Ice
Country
Turkey

Okay then, many Russians especially Eteri girls should not have been rewarded with high PCS since their toe jumps techniques are terrible. Full blade assist, 1/2 prerotations (should have been 1/4), lutz morphing a loop... I can give many examples of these technical mistakes.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine

A skater with a weak technique should not receive large components
- the complexity of artistry is a derivative of the complexity of technique.
Very questionable. Not to mention the quality of her jumps (she has no lutz or flip, but one jump with unclear edge).
And I guess you never read rules.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Have you ever read this?

Or this?

Please explain where it discusses the relationship between program components and jump “technique”

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Okay then, many Russians especially Eteri girls should not have been rewarded with high PCS since their toe jumps techniques are terrible. Full blade assist, 1/2 prerotations (should have been 1/4), lutz morphing a loop... I can give many examples of these technical mistakes.
Just such a typical set of stamps. learned by heart what to say, get your A :laugh:

First, I have little interest in alternative figure skating existing in the minds of "fighters for the right technique" :biggrin: Second, It was not about "holy battle for the purity of technic" but about jumps so confident and reliable that they can be part of the choreography. Read carefully and try to grab the general idea of the interlocutor.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I understand. She's Russian. That explains a lot (c)
Firstly, she is a world champion. Because "Crystal" is the flagship of modern women's figure skating. Programs that combine a difficult technical set with a complex choreographic program. Eteri did in women's figure skating about the same as Hanyu in men's.

Anya is one of the best representatives in this flagship school. That "explains a lot"

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
barrel-organ.gif

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
By that logic, there shouldn't be two separate scores. Her artistry transcends whatever problems with her jump technique (mainly small height; nothing wrong with her spins or footwork). Jumps have nothing to do with the second mark.
There should be two separate panels but there never will be but there should be but there never will be.......

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Why shouldn't she get 9s or 10s in Interpretation of the Music? What does that have to do with jumps?

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
But it's true. For me, Mai always skate about the same type of programs with not very complex choreography and does not require strong emotional involvement. This is especially evident in the first half of her FP - where the music, in general, is only the background for her jumps. As we say, "музыка играет - спортсмену не мешает" (music was playing and did not disturb athlete)
This is worded as more constructive criticism though.